I woke up this morning with this......

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » I woke up this morning with this......
fedorwins1
3/13/08 12:05:04PM
Went to no-gi last night and woke up with this all over my body, some mystery rash. This morning it was just on my legs and now there's none on my legs but now it's on my sides/stomach and it wasn't before. I don't think I got it from any of my partners, because this covers my whole body; I think I got it from the mat. I'm thinking maybe I'm having a reaction to whatever they clean the mats with.

I'm heading to the doctors later on today to figure out what the heck it is.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Rich78
3/13/08 12:13:08PM
I'm just revlieved that from the title, it wasn't a photo of you pitching a tent in bed or something

Doesn't look healthy like man, hope its nothing serious.

owen1
3/13/08 1:02:58PM

Posted by Rich78

I'm just revlieved that from the title, it wasn't a photo of you pitching a tent in bed or something

That deserves some props.
On a serious note though,thats a nasty rash man,I hope you can get it cleared up soon.
fedorwins1
3/13/08 1:19:59PM
WTF it's completely changed shape in the last 1 1/2 hours....
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Vietnamese_Guy
3/13/08 1:27:16PM
Adverse reaction to chlorine? the mat? Maybe you just have very sensitive skin, my leg swells and hurts when i wear jeans in the cold for too long
The_Notorious_ZIG
3/13/08 4:14:14PM
I'm no doctor, but it looks like an allergic reaction more so than an infection. Definitely get that checked out. Let us know what it is. I always think about that kinda sh-t when I'm rolling. I think every mark is MERSA
seanfu
3/13/08 4:38:06PM
holy sh*t dude
CactusBob
3/13/08 4:51:56PM
Is It tender? Does it have a burning sensation? Have you eaten anything abnormal in the last week? It's probably not MRSA but definatly go get it checked out.
casey64
3/13/08 6:40:19PM
WOW That looks wierd
Svartorm
3/14/08 3:31:29AM
You went to no-gi, but you have a rash on your back and sides? What did you wear for a top?

Do you have it anywhere on your body that was most assuredly covered by clothes the whole time, and therefore couldn't have come into contact with the floor?

What I'm thinking is is that it was something with the clothes you were wearing, more so than the mat, as your face, hands, feet, and whatnot would have touched the mat during Gi training.
Kracker_Jap
3/14/08 12:27:46PM
Dirty mats??? Looks to me like Staff Infection

I have known of people gettting Staff, Ring worms ect... From dirty mats but I'm no Doctor

Make sure you update this, I would like to know what it is

fedorwins1
3/15/08 12:42:30PM
Went to the doctors and it was just an allergic reaction to something. It's completely gone now though.
Kracker_Jap
3/15/08 1:49:52PM
Better that than dirty mats

Thanks for updating
ganayegi
3/17/08 12:28:29AM
i know this is a little late, but i had an allergic reaction just like that about 7 years ago. i was helping my grandpa in his garden and later that night i started to itch. the next day i went to school and i think it started out on my leg and it was quickly moving(not spreading, but moving) up my body and eventually it got to my neck and started working its way back down. my dad took me to the hospital and they gave me some steroids and within may 15-20 minutes it was gone. it also gave me one of my first asthma attacks. so what im trying to say is that i think it was some kind of food/plant allergy.
The_Notorious_ZIG
3/17/08 11:15:13AM
Good to hear it wasn't serious. That was pretty crazy looking. Were you rolling with a rash guard or shirtless?
fedorwins1
3/19/08 10:37:41AM

Posted by The_Notorious_ZIG

Good to hear it wasn't serious. That was pretty crazy looking. Were you rolling with a rash guard or shirtless?

rashguard