I Wish I Was Joe Silvas Mentor

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » I Wish I Was Joe Silvas Mentor
sonicsmokesweed
7/15/08 8:25:44PM
some o the matchups he makes are uneven bouts for instance Anderson Silva is going to destroy James Irvin but for da most Da guys match making kills are on point
jiujitsufreak74
7/15/08 9:12:30PM

Posted by sonicsmokesweed

some o the matchups he makes are uneven bouts for instance Anderson Silva is going to destroy James Irvin but for da most Da guys match making kills are on point

well for the whole James Irvin fight...i believe 5 fighters declined to fight Anderson and James was one of the only people who accepted. so, it wasn't like Joe had much of a choice. besides, Irvin is fully capable of getting the KO, just not as capable as Silva is in the situation imo.
JimiMak
7/15/08 9:23:23PM
We all wish we could pick the fights. But he's made more money doing it, so...
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/15/08 9:48:37PM
who doesn't ?
warglory
7/15/08 9:53:15PM
Oh come on guys, Joe Silva is the best booker in the business. Irvin is coming off of so amazing highlight reel knockouts than can give fodder to the promotion team.. If Anderson beats a KO artist in convincing fashion at a weightclass above, it adds that much more credibility to his rep, and really doesn't damage the standings at 205. I think its an ingenious match up personally.
SmileR
7/15/08 9:59:42PM

Posted by warglory

Oh come on guys, Joe Silva is the best booker in the business. Irvin is coming off of so amazing highlight reel knockouts than can give fodder to the promotion team.. If Anderson beats a KO artist in convincing fashion at a weightclass above, it adds that much more credibility to his rep, and really doesn't damage the standings at 205. I think its an ingenious match up personally.

You do realize that Irvin is one of the top strikers if not the best striker in the LHW devision don't you? This is a test for Silva and he wont have the same reach hes used to fighting at MW. I personally think this is going to be a war!
Also its not like many people wanted to face him.
warglory
7/15/08 10:06:50PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by warglory

You do realize that Irvin is one of the top strikers if not the best striker in the LHW devision don't you? This is a test for Silva and he wont have the same reach hes used to fighting at MW. I personally think this is going to be a war!
Also its not like many people wanted to face him.

No way is Irvin even close to being the best striker in the division, but you and I are basically in agreement here, not sure if you realized that. Irvin is a GOOD match choice for Anderson because of his recent rep as a KO artist, but if he does lose, it won't hurt the standings of the division much.
Franklinfan47
7/15/08 10:57:56PM
Ya, cuz we all know so much about matchmaking and joe silva knows nothing
RNC
7/16/08 12:03:54AM

Posted by SmileR

You do realize that Irvin is one of the top strikers if not the best striker in the LHW devision don't you?

And thats why he stopped Thiago Silva.

hotrodttt
7/16/08 2:24:51AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by sonicsmokesweed

well for the whole James Irvin fight...i believe 5 fighters declined to fight Anderson and James was one of the only people who accepted. so, it wasn't like Joe had much of a choice. besides, Irvin is fully capable of getting the KO, just not as capable as Silva is in the situation imo.

Yeah I don't know why people think that Anderson is going to destroy James, James is stronger in the Clinch and the Stronger Fighter Overall, and has Good Wrestling. James could possibly pull off the Upset via Top Control but this Fight is going past the 1st Round. Anderson Wins though via 2nd Round T(KO)