Who wins these fights???Fantasy matchups

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who wins these fights???Fantasy matchups
mrsmiley
5/17/08 11:53:28PM
I've been really wanting to know what everyone here thinks would go down in these fights.None of these guys have ever fought eachother,but I think it would be interesting to find out who you guys think would have won in their prime,and then who would currently win.

1. Bas Rutten VS Rickson Gracie

2.Mark Kerr VS Ricco Rodriguez

3.Royce Gracie VS Marco Ruas

4.Kazushi Sakuraba VS Matt Hughes (not trying to say Matt is out of his prime or anything,but I always thought this match would have been interesting).

I say back in their prime Bas & Rickson is hard to call.I will say this though,if Rickson took Bas once,I don't think he could take him twice.

Kerr VS Ricco. I say back in their prime Kerr is able to get Ricco on his back with little effort.He holds him their,watching for submissions and caustiously gets a unanimous decision.
Today I say a winded Ricco gains a sloppy TKO victory in the second round.

I think back in their primes Ruas takes Royce to the limit, and eeks out a decision victory over a bloody and beaten Royce,who hopelessly pulls guard the entire match.I think currently though,Royce takes Ruas on a decision.

Saku VS Hughes is hard to call for me.I think Sakuraba's akward and clever grappling causes trouble for Hughe's wrestling plan.Matt attempts to stand with Saku after 2 failed takedowns leave him opened for Saku to go for subs.Saku begins to work Matts legs and lands some brutal shin kicks before Matt gets a clean takedown.From their I think Matt keeps him pinned to the floor for dear life until the end of the round.The second round sees' Hughes attempt several takedowns,until he gets Saku down.Only this time Saku applies a Kimura from his guard and submits Hughes.

As of today,I think Hughes comes out and bullies Saku for the first round.Near the ending Saku manages to out grapple Hughes and gets a good posistion,but it's too little to late.In the end Hughes wins a decisive unanimous decesion.
Mayhem13
5/18/08 12:23:49AM
1. Bas Rutten by TKO

2 Ricco Rodriguez by UD

3.Royce Gracie by SUB

4. Matt Hughes by UD
jiujitsufreak74
5/18/08 12:25:53AM
Rutten knocks Rickson into oblivion. Rickson has some amazing JJ, but Rutten would keep it standing and KO Rickson pretty quickly imo.

Kerr vs RR is a tough one. i will go with Kerr. in his prime Kerr was a freaking tank and his wrestling was just plain ridiculous. i would say Kerr wins by UD by using his wrestling to control RR while not getting caught in any submissions.

Royce would win by submission. they were both great submission fighters, but Royce would have the upper hand and the two grapplers would give each other fits until Royce locked in the armbar. his JJ was just unmatched in MMA and The King of the Streets would have learned that the hard way.

Saku would submit Hughes. i have seen Saku go through hell and back. Hughes would take it to the ground, where Saku would catch him. Saku has submitted many fighters with better submission games then Hughes, and if Hughes attempted to wrestle the Submission Wrestler, he would get tapped. it would be some sort of armlock, i'll go with kimura as well.
Mchubb316
5/18/08 12:30:31AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Rutten knocks Rickson into oblivion. Rickson has some amazing JJ, but Rutten would keep it standing and KO Rickson pretty quickly imo.

Kerr vs RR is a tough one. i will go with Kerr. in his prime Kerr was a freaking tank and his wrestling was just plain ridiculous. i would say Kerr wins by UD by using his wrestling to control RR while not getting caught in any submissions.

Royce would win by submission. they were both great submission fighters, but Royce would have the upper hand and the two grapplers would give each other fits until Royce locked in the armbar. his JJ was just unmatched in MMA and The King of the Streets would have learned that the hard way.

Saku would submit Hughes. i have seen Saku go through hell and back. Hughes would take it to the ground, where Saku would catch him. Saku has submitted many fighters with better submission games then Hughes, and if Hughes attempted to wrestle the Submission Wrestler, he would get tapped. it would be some sort of armlock, i'll go with kimura as well.

Well put.
Pookie
5/18/08 2:10:17AM
1. Bas Tko
2. Ricco Tko
3. I have never seen ruas fight so i cant reallly comment on this one.
4. Under pride rules i definitely would pick sakuraba, but in the ufc i could see hughes holding him down enough to win on positioning even if hedoesnt do much damage.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/18/08 8:48:25AM

Posted by Mayhem13

1. Bas Rutten by TKO

2 Ricco Rodriguez by UD

3.Royce Gracie by SUB

4. Matt Hughes by UD

all of these are correct