Would anyone else like to see the winner of Tito/Coleman face Forrest?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Would anyone else like to see the winner of Tito/Coleman face Forrest?
mrsmiley
8/27/09 8:17:25AM
I've been thinking about this possibilty for a few days now and thought I would post this idea on the playground.
First and foremost I think regardless of who wins between Tito and Coleman (i'm leaning heavly towards Tito but strange things happen when Coleman fights) both possibilities of these guys fighting Forrest seems pretty cool to me.

1. If Tito wins then Griffin gets a shot at revenge. He was so close to winning the first fight and if he had been more game in the first round he would of undoubtedly took the score cards.
I believe this has the potential to be a great rematch in the making.

2. If Coleman defeats Tito than you could possibly set up a bout between him and Forrest that has the underpinnings to be pretty epic when you think about it.
Now you may be saying,wait smiley,hold the press what could make this fight epic?
The fight could easily be billed as new school vs old school.
Coleman just defeated Stephan Bonnar the TUF 1 finalist. If he could pull out another victory over Forrest,the TUF 1 winner,the old man that first came on the scene at UFC 10 in 1996 sucsussfully defeated the 2 guys that were the heralds of the UFC's popularity and explosion in 2005.

Thoughts?
emfleek
8/27/09 8:22:15AM
Yes.

But only if it's Tito.

I have absolutely no desire to watch Coleman fight. Sorry, Mark.
mentalcase
8/27/09 9:06:18AM
id like to see Tito defeat forest hopefully more convincingly this time, i don't think Forest even deserved that victory over rampage
Aaronno9
8/27/09 9:15:50AM

Posted by emfleek

Yes.

But only if it's Tito.

I have absolutely no desire to watch Coleman fight. Sorry, Mark.

Hopefully Forrests bottom game is good enough so that Tito cant keep him pinned down all fight, then it should be a good brawl.
MiniMan
8/27/09 9:29:12AM
Man Forrest beat Rampage, Watch it again. A couple Power Shots dont get you a win. A 10-8 round (My scoring)A Leg kick fest and Control the whole fight get you the W!

Anyways, I just got done watching 59 And Forrest came damn close to winning that one too. Tito did crack him a couple times plus the late Takedown in the 3rd earned him the win. No final takedown Forrest would of won, Said it himself!

So this Rematch would be real good, Since the return (Dont call it a comeback baby) I really want to Tito do well so if they fight again I will be pulling for him!

This fight WILL happen I think....
kopower
8/27/09 10:18:57AM
Just Tito.

It should happen and it will happen after Tito runs through Coleman. I would be pretty hyped for it as well
grappler0000
8/27/09 10:22:13AM

Posted by mentalcase

id like to see Tito defeat forest hopefully more convincingly this time, i don't think Forest even deserved that victory over rampage

I'm not sure if you dislike Forrest or something, but FightMetric scored both of those fights as Draws.
Rush
8/27/09 10:43:09AM
No, not really, but that is my personal opinion.

What I think is best for Forrest is a different story. I suspect Forrest's next fight will be against a previous TUF fighter or someone lower on the pecking order. He has be destroyed in his last two fights, and I think the worst thing for the UFC (assuming they want to protect their investment) is to give him a fighter who will have a strong chance to beat him.
Irish_Pride
8/27/09 11:35:30AM
I do not want to see Forrest fight Coleman at all. I just don't see that fight being entertaining. If Tito wins, I think if Tito beats Coleman, they can put him against Forrest. That would be a good fight in which I think this time, Forrest will win the fight. Tito has gotten a bit older and I think Forrest has improved from the last time they fought.
chickmagnet
8/27/09 12:40:55PM
I doubt it will happen
Sinister
8/27/09 2:43:26PM
Only if Tito win. Coleman vs anyone seems like a boring/ pointless fight to me.