Is it possible to not have a winner after three rounds on TUF?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Is it possible to not have a winner after three rounds on TUF?
Scott_Revels
10/26/07 9:12:21PM
I would like to know, because what if it's a draw in the third? Someone has to win, to move onto the next round. Can anyone tell me how they decide who wins in case of a draw in the third?
tuvok500
10/26/07 9:17:55PM
well a draw in mma is most of the time because that the fighter who was winning the round was penalize 1 pts for something he did, so yeah it can happen but the chance are very low !!

but you are right, i don't know what they would do, maybe a 4th round !!

postman
10/27/07 12:22:58AM
I would say sudden victory 4th round. But I think they should make a rule if that happens the fight must go to a KO or Sub or REF/Doc stopage. It would make for great TV.
AchillesHeel
10/27/07 12:12:02PM
So far it doesn't seem possible to have a 3rd round. I've seen 2 or 3 fights that I thought deserved a 3rd round that were cut short by the judges. I guess they had to be home for dinner or something.
JBatch
10/27/07 8:09:51PM
I was very happy when Hughes when over and chirped Kizer. Kizer had a stupid smug little look on his face. The guy is a weasel and I am glad someone, even if it was Hughes, had the balls to step up and tell him his judges need some classes on effective mma judging.
Yaknowhaimean
10/29/07 2:39:20PM

So far it doesn't seem possible to have a 3rd round.

Haha, I was thinkin the same thing... But there was at least 1 last year that went to a 3rd round, corey vs. emerson I think?

As for how they qould resolve a draw, I don't think it can happen. The third round is all that matters, and it's scored on a 10-9 system I think.. unless as mentioned before someone was docked a point. The refs don't make this threat very often though, maybe because it's an exhibition.
TNunley
10/29/07 3:22:43PM

Posted by JBatch

I was very happy when Hughes when over and chirped Kizer. Kizer had a stupid smug little look on his face. The guy is a weasel and I am glad someone, even if it was Hughes, had the balls to step up and tell him his judges need some classes on effective mma judging.

I dunno man, I highly doubt it was the athletic commissioner's decision. The judges score the fight, not him. All he was doing was making a point that Hughes' opinion was probably subjective in the fact that his fighter lost. I don't disagree with the fact that sometimes the judging is b/s.... then I just remember... it's the fighters fault for not finishing the fight. You can't blame a guy for backing his people... and I think his look was more out of embarrassment or nervousness more than anything. I'm sure he didn't want to be challenged on camera broadcast to millions of people.
bls1919
11/4/07 7:51:19PM
if its a draw in the third????......they could trade head butts until somone gives up. But really the chances of a 3rd being a draw are very slim
Stickan
11/4/07 8:05:03PM

Posted by postman

I would say sudden victory 4th round. But I think they should make a rule if that happens the fight must go to a KO or Sub or REF/Doc stopage. It would make for great TV.

..or horrible. Wayne Weems versus Jason Thacker gassed for 42 minutes of non-stop manhugging.
Scott_Revels
11/4/07 10:06:03PM

Posted by Stickan
Wayne Weems versus Jason Thacker gassed for 42 minutes of non-stop manhugging.

ARE YOU TRYING TO GIVE ME NIGHTMARES, STICKAN?! I think you found the rock bottom of the MMA world.. Anyone in attendance for that fight had better not have paid a single penny for that fight..