Winner of Rashad/Bisping getting next LHW title shot

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Winner of Rashad/Bisping getting next LHW title shot
NatedawgThaM
10/20/07 5:34:04PM
Link

This is a BAD move! What is Dana thinking???!!!

Both these guys arguably or IMO SHOULD have lost there last fights and they are getting rewarded???!!!! Plus Bisping has the nerve afte rrunning from Hamil for 3 rounds to say "Go back to wrestling" and he gets rewarded?

DUDE! Rashad & Bisping arent even on Most or All of our Top 10. Then at 76 Forrest beats MOST of our #1` LHW Shogun Rua and Keith Jardine freakin' dominates the UFC Light Heavyweight poster boy Chuck Liddell at his own GAME! And somehow Forrest & Jardine are moving DOWN the rankings than up and Rashad & Bisping who should have lost are moving up?

I honestly believe Dana wants Chuck & Tito to be champs again.

Heres his dream I think or what crazy idea he has in his head. Rashad beats Bisping. then He prays theres an upset and Rashad beats Rampage. Then Tito rematches Rashad and wins the title. Then Chuck beats Wandy. Then Chuck has Tito's number and stops him again.

I believe thats his dream. I ain't bashing him but a what a stupid decision. It could be he's trying to set up Jardine-Forrest 2? But still Rashad or Bispin!!!!????

Thoughts?
Copenhagen
10/20/07 5:39:40PM
I’m very disappointed in this if it’s true. Machida, Forrest, and Jardine are all three more deserving. Either one of these two fighting for the TITLE is absurd to me. Rashad almost gets beat by Tito, and Bisping arguably lost to Matt. Dana is making a bad move in this decision.
TheHitmanTL
10/20/07 6:42:22PM
I say.....

winner of rahad/bisping gets tito

Jardine/forrrest 2

Winner Of Liddell/Silva Vs. Houston Alexander

Winner of Rashad/bisping vs tito gets winner of liddell/silva/houston

winner of Jardine/forrest 2 gets either tito/liddell/silva/houston

kinda comlicated but you know what i mean lol
NatedawgThaM
10/20/07 7:10:52PM

Posted by TheHitmanTL

I say.....

Jardine/forrrest 2

But then we'd have to wait a year to see Rampage who is one of my favrotie fighters...
TheHitmanTL
10/20/07 7:11:37PM
well i guess you could feed rampage hendo for a rematch maybe?
Copenhagen
10/20/07 8:08:09PM

Posted by TheHitmanTL

I say.....

Jardine/forrrest 2

You put Chuck in there, but leave out Machida?

The only two deserving of a title shot are Forrest and Jardine. Machida needs one more fight.

Jardine is not in the picture because he beat Chuck either, he is in the picture because he beat Forrest, who beat Shogun.
cmill21
10/20/07 8:10:08PM
I don't get it, Machida's left out because he "doesn't finish" and yet sherks a fan favorite? He's IMHO the most boring fighter i've ever seen!
nubby
10/20/07 9:14:09PM

Posted by cmill21

I don't get it, Machida's left out because he "doesn't finish" and yet sherks a fan favorite? He's IMHO the most boring fighter i've ever seen!

I don't consider sherk to be a fan favorite, at least no where near the type of fan favorite that chuck liddell is or the way randy couture is. Sherk IMO is a very boring fighter. If he added some pound to his ground game I would like him a lot more but he trully does just lay n pray. I really felt that Hermes was the more well rounded fighter but Sherk was just too damn strong and his wrestling was too good for Franca.
tlangley
10/21/07 1:34:04AM
dana should just say **** it...rock, paper, scissors. line em up for rampage, see who beats him. lol
warglory
10/21/07 1:38:43AM
Why is everyone so upset by this? I think this is a good tactic, it will add some stability to the division. Will Rampage steamroll through the winner? Yes, almost definitely, but I can't see anyone else being as deserving as either of these guys. I am a huge fan of Machida, but he only has 3 fights under his belt. I would MUCH love to see Jackson vs Machida, but I think as far as the UFC is concerned, Bisping and Evans have earned it more.
mikeyGdizzle
10/21/07 9:42:59AM
i want wanderlei vs page 3 so i dont have to hear that annoying howler monkey anymore! forrest ruined everything for the LH division, forrest is a boring fighter im still not impressed he just avoids things liek a puss and tired out mauricio by doing what he did against ramirez duck and run tactics muhamed ali stuff. its a load of crap when it comes down to accuall skill, maurcio is still the top 3 even after losing, all he needs is one devestating KO to get a shot at quinton if he even has the belt, machida would beat jackson, thiago and wandy silva would beat quinton, mauricio would beat quinton, houston would be quinton...i mean really forrest ruined the LH division, sorry page lovers i just dont like the guy and his lame howling and cross shorts
malekomaddox
10/21/07 10:25:26AM
machida deserves a title shot
thebestout
10/29/07 9:51:22PM
gotta give it to rashad or griffin.
DevonFoxy
10/29/07 10:17:53PM
neither fighter "finished" there last fight and many thought they both lost there last fight. So if this is in fact true i have a hard time understanding the logic behind it.
I do however disagree with the Sherk being boring fight. When ever i see him hes always active on the bottom and im sure he tries to finish the fight.
loller90278
10/29/07 11:24:03PM
rashad/bisping
machida/jardine
griffin/hendo
wand/chuck

lets do this tournament style to see who faces rampage!
hippysmacker
10/29/07 11:47:14PM
1rst - Dana says a lot of things. I'll even give him the benefit of the doubt and say he means them when he says them. Still, I think he often says what he wants to happen, and events throw him for a loop. 2nd- He said this to a British paper, and may have just been hyping a possible Bisping title shot. Bisping is aggressive enough to make Rashad fight, and I think that Rashad is at his best then, and will win in a exciting fashion. 3rd- No matter what he said if they fight like Arlovski/Wedum Marquardt/Salaverry or Koshcheck/Sanchez I don't think he will give a title shot to the winner. All those fights had a possible title shot outcome, and all dissapointed. As for Machida, great fighter but he and Rashad are both counterfighter's who rarely engage first . Both are also not in most peoples top 10 on the sight and are only Honorable mention on the sights overall rankings. I have Machida 5th and Rashad 10th, but i see why Machida is not getting a shot yet. He hasn't fought much in front of the public and hasn't beat anyone the casual fan knows.He is in the same boat Fitch was and it would be good for the UFC to have him fight someone like JArdine/Forrest/Tito to get more notice. Machida and Tiger White was one of the most boring fights ever IMO. Chuck's a counter fighter, but will engage if you don't chase him. Both could learn a thing or 2 from his style . Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
jgtribbett
10/30/07 3:05:15PM
neither deserve the title shot
pv3Hpv3p
10/30/07 3:57:38PM
Well... If you think about it... Forrest is going to be on the bench because of the shoulder (?) surgery... Shogun's out... Wand's fighting Chuck in Dec... Don't know what's up with Jardine, but I think he's a fight off since his loss to Houston... You have to give Rampage someone right? And why not someone he can more than likely beat, that's also known to the casual fan?...

It's not just a matter of giving a maybe undeserving guy a title shot, but it might be a matter of building Q up to Liddell-like levels of popularity with the fans... Let him get on a streak... Let him slam someone Arona style... The UFC loves their hype and this should be a good way to build some...

SIDE NOTE: I think Machida should have gotten the shot... Or maybe the DeanoMeano... But whatever... I hope Rampage squashes one or both of them into the MW div
Khaos
10/31/07 4:34:39AM
all I can say is if any fighter deserves the title shot it's Forrest Griffin,the guy just beat the "#1"fighter in the world,Shogun Rua, a man who's already beaten Rampage. I mean he or Jardine should get it.

Rashad I could understand.

But the C-level fighter Mike Bisping,who only gets a win because he's in his home country & then has the audacity to gloat,after clearly losing. And to also say Tito Ortiz(who would kill Bisping) "in't got the balls to fight Rashad" I mean Mike Bisping has little chance of winning, but the idea of him getting a title shot is just wrong. Besides, if he fought Rampage,he would be (hypotheticlly)murdered
ufc88
10/31/07 7:31:00PM
i find this weird because bisping and rampage are friends and training partners i dont think rashad or bisping deserve this.
Pitbull09
10/31/07 9:48:58PM
Someone tell me why when Bisping and Rashad put up bad fights, they get #1 contender fights but when AA wins a fight (not by a bad decision like bisping), he gets "benched" by Dana. Dana is pissing me off but I guess pick undefeated guys is his only decision since everyone else keeps losing to each other.

AA deserves a fight!
Boo_Radley21
11/1/07 9:09:51AM
It's all good, Rampage will walk through either of them.