Winner of Lister/Okami to fight Spider

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Winner of Lister/Okami to fight Spider
RedCloud
12/25/08 5:08:01PM
Might be a rumor.
might be the absolute truth.... heard it from a reliable source.
fonduktoe
12/25/08 5:53:12PM
i heard from several sources one of which was perportedly dana white's mouth that the next challenger for silva would be thales lietes
cmb19932
12/25/08 5:57:35PM
i trust the one that came from the boss
lochie
12/25/08 5:59:27PM
jesus what is this coming to
Jackelope
12/25/08 6:23:44PM
Okami deserves it IMO. Especially since he already has a W* over the champ
MikeyG
12/25/08 6:41:05PM
im just still in shock that anderson hasnt called out okami or vice versa, almost like one of them is afraid, not likely fear is the issue so whats the deal anderson or okami? all anderson has to do is request the fight and dana will give it to you, so why not? dont you want to avenge the loss? im confused by all this thales leites nonsense
cmb19932
12/25/08 7:21:11PM
its a waste of time for anderson to fight thales leites but lister is gonna throw a huge monkey wrench in everyones plan when he pulls off this upset
JimiMak
12/25/08 8:21:43PM
I agree that Okami deserves the shot (esp w/ another win) but I don't get why avenging a loss should matter. Should they re-sign Ryo just to let him avenge it? He's the champ and should be concerned w/ defending against the next best guy. A loss long before he was as good as he is now doesn't matter as much (I know it wasn't a decade ago but he's on an 11(?) fight win streak in diff promos, he doesn't have to prove anything)
wiggum
12/25/08 8:59:04PM
theyve already gave the shot to lietes....its official....tho, as we all know, until we see the fight, nothing is for certain.....but i agree, okami deserves it
TheNatural915
12/25/08 10:24:08PM
Anderson Silva will beat all of them. Give Silva a chance to lose, let him face a good light heavyweight. I think the only person that can compete with Silva at middleweight is Henderson.
higdon10
12/25/08 10:27:45PM

Posted by TheNatural915
I think the only person that can compete with Silva at middleweight is Henderson.

I think that Hendo, Marquardt, and Maia all have decent chances at knocking off the champ. Other than that, Silva rolls.
Jackelope
12/25/08 10:36:50PM
To add a comment in regard to the upcoming fight- Thales Leites' BJJ game is underrated, but I don't think he'll beat the spider.

Lister could probably submit Silva on the ground IMO, but I don't think he could get it there. Okami might have the strength to neutralize a lot of Anderson's game (except the striking from the outside) but overall I don't really see him beating Anderson Silva.

My money for people who could beat the spider is on Hendo and Rousimar Palhares. I don't think anyone else has the tools to get the fight where it needs to be. Maia is a great BJJ player, but he couldn't get the fight down IMO
wiggum
12/26/08 8:02:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

To add a comment in regard to the upcoming fight- Thales Leites' BJJ game is underrated, but I don't think he'll beat the spider.

Lister could probably submit Silva on the ground IMO, but I don't think he could get it there. Okami might have the strength to neutralize a lot of Anderson's game (except the striking from the outside) but overall I don't really see him beating Anderson Silva.

My money for people who could beat the spider is on Hendo and Rousimar Palhares. I don't think anyone else has the tools to get the fight where it needs to be. Maia is a great BJJ player, but he couldn't get the fight down IMO

tried to give you props.....i agree, maia is awesome on the ground, but he needs to get some wrestling skills under his belt so he can more profienantly score takedowns.......i personally like palhares alot...i think alot of people are passing him over cuz he lost to hendo, but the guy is awesome on the ground, can take a punch which is crucuial in a spida fight and he also has good takedowns....i still think the guy with the best chance in the mw division right now is hendo
PunishmentFan
12/27/08 9:01:55AM
Okami doesnt derserve the shot and his real "W" which you guys say isn't a real win! allow me to tell you what happen incase you guys forgot okami got booted in the face by anderson silva and was knocked out well not the **** out cold but he was out then anderson got dqed which makes it not a real win over anderson a real win would mean to tap his ass out or knock him out or take him to a dec thats a win sorry dq over anderson isnt a win sorry guys i wanted to clear that up i keep hearing about it to much.
Jackelope
12/27/08 10:51:50AM

Posted by PunishmentFan

Okami doesnt derserve the shot and his real "W" which you guys say isn't a real win! allow me to tell you what happen incase you guys forgot okami got booted in the face by anderson silva and was knocked out well not the **** out cold but he was out then anderson got dqed which makes it not a real win over anderson a real win would mean to tap his ass out or knock him out or take him to a dec thats a win sorry dq over anderson isnt a win sorry guys i wanted to clear that up i keep hearing about it to much.

I'm pretty sure everyone's well aware of that. But still, a W is a W even if it comes from a DQ, and you'd expect a champion to want to face a challenger in his division to avenge that loss. Fedor did it, Matt Hughes tried to do it (LOL), GSP did it (twice), BJ Penn did it (and is trying to do it), Chuck Liddell tried to do it, etc. etc. the list goes on. Having a W over the champion used to mean something. Especially when you've compiled solid wins over solid contenders in said division.

Okami deserves the shot at Anderson no doubt. Not saying he'll win or that he did win their first fight, but hey.. he had top position on the Spider when he got booted.. so you never know
PunishmentFan
12/27/08 6:24:32PM
i would laugh my dear ass off if okami goes into that fight and loses after 1 punch hey it could happen than i can say he had no reason to be in there he is just another guy to get beat on anderson's list.