Winner of Henderson/Franklin Coach Season 9 of TUF

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Winner of Henderson/Franklin Coach Season 9 of TUF
kastro_316
12/10/08 1:29:52PM
DreamFighters.com

Dana White has just announced that the winner of Dan Henderson Vs. Rich Franklin will coach Season 9 of the ultimate fighter. Details inside:

Twenty20Dollars
12/10/08 1:50:14PM
Just as long as Hendo or Franklin beat Bisping.

I wonder if the coaches fight will be on the TUF 9 Finale or if the coaches fight will be on a ppv.
wiggum
12/10/08 1:54:11PM
i imagine the coaches will fight...it will be that big test for bisping to see if he is title shot worthy since he is on such a run.....i wish they wouldnt tho...i want franklin to stay at 205 dammit!
Twenty20Dollars
12/10/08 1:58:24PM

i imagine the coaches will fight

I know the coaches are going to fight but im wondering if they are going to fight on the TUF finale or on a ppv.
4u2nv
12/10/08 2:03:53PM
wow i'd rather Hendo be one coach and Ace the other.
Bowen50
12/10/08 2:16:01PM
i really hope Henderson beats Franklin so he can get the coaching TUF 9 coaching gig and then end the Bisping hype.
crazedfan
12/10/08 2:16:30PM
So, what happens if Franklin beats Hendo and then beats Bisping? A third Silva/Franklin fight is not something that is marketable. Does Franklin just go back up to 205 afterwards? I don't like the prospects if Franklin wins.
Pookie
12/10/08 2:17:25PM

Posted by crazedfan

So, what happens if Franklin beats Hendo and then beats Bisping? A third Silva/Franklin fight is not something that is marketable. Does Franklin just go back up to 205 afterwards? I don't like the prospects if Franklin wins.

Luckily, he wont beat Hendo
EvenFlow
12/10/08 2:28:34PM

Posted by Bowen50

i really hope Henderson beats Franklin so he can get the coaching TUF 9 coaching gig and then end the Bisping hype.

Hamill already ended the Bisbing hype but corrupt judging revived it
wiggum
12/10/08 2:39:35PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

i imagine the coaches will fight

I know the coaches are going to fight but im wondering if they are going to fight on the TUF finale or on a ppv.

well, too big names like that, who are constantly on the main cards in ppv's...throw in the fact that only one set of coaches (penn vs pulver) have fought on the finale in the entire history of the show...i think it would be a safe bet to say theyll be on the ppv....course at the same time, penn vs pulver was the only time that titles were not on the line, same would be in this case
wiggum
12/10/08 2:47:01PM

Posted by crazedfan

good point...hopefully silva faces okami then starts the move up to lhw and starts doing some dream matches there......even the gsp foght given he gets past penn has to be thrown in there...hmmm, lets do some math....hendo-franklin is jan....silva is rumored to fight in feb...thats (feb) probably when the show will start filming....if silva wins his feb fight and gsp wins the penn fight, then there hopefully would be theyre match three months after, say may/june....which would be about the time the tuf coaches would be fighting.......if silva wins then, hopefully he makes the move up to lhw, leaving the mw belt open for the winner of the tuf coaches to vie for....whoa, my head hurts
Gipper
12/10/08 3:26:02PM
it's really to bad hendo and franklin couldn't coach instead of bisping. bisping maybe one day but hendo and franklin have already done so much in the sport and both deserve it over bisping. also fighters from brazil, canada, aus and other european countries are not getting a chance to be on a season of tuf because of this fukin england vs usa shit. i'm not bashing england but they have to be ranked about 6th or 7th for countries in mma.
DevonFoxy
12/10/08 3:29:49PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by crazedfan

Luckily, he wont beat Hendo

This is waht im thinking but please don't use the word luck....honestly if luck has any input in this thing Rich might win.....cuz the this is just a plain HORRIBLE match up for Rich.
4u2nv
12/10/08 3:32:51PM
I say change it up and if Ace wins he fights andy at 205 and see if that changes anything... i mean lets hope Rich has been to a muay thai clinc and learned the clinch well.... both fights he got plummed and then kneed. Him and Rampage should both work on it together. lol hahaha
prozacnation1978
12/10/08 3:48:36PM
either one will beat bisping
coaches fight at ufc 100 watch
higdon10
12/10/08 3:53:06PM
Damnit. I was really hoping that Nate Marquardt would get the coaching spot.
TheNatural915
12/11/08 10:18:13AM
I hope HENDO wins Franklin has already been a coach
Bowen50
12/11/08 10:23:37AM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by Bowen50

Hamill already ended the Bisbing hype but corrupt judging revived it

haha very true sir
GSPCanada
12/13/08 2:11:10AM
so these guys are fighting at 205 when they are both capable of fightimng at 185...and then dropping to 185 after that? anyone else confused??
higdon10
12/13/08 12:16:10PM

Posted by GSPCanada

so these guys are fighting at 205 when they are both capable of fightimng at 185...and then dropping to 185 after that? anyone else confused??

No.