Who do you "THINK" will win Silva vs Sonnen II

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who do you "THINK" will win Silva vs Sonnen II
POLL: Who do you "THINK" will win
Anderson Silva 67% (37)
Chael Sonnen 33% (18)
prophecy033
6/29/12 6:36:11PM
Just seeing if there is a difference between who you WANT to win and who you THINK will win
Chael_Sonnen
6/29/12 6:48:59PM
EASY fight....
EASY money.....
EASY answer to silly question.

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

///////////
Thread

EDIT - - - for future use, CHAEL's name ALWAYS goes first.....some Education from the Teacher....now do your summer school homework....son.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
State_Champ
6/29/12 6:55:43PM
^ those looks like some thick f@#*ing socks, Chael.

EDIT:

I just thought of something: Sonnen is NOT a better fighter than Anderson. I think he's a better wrestler... but not a better fighter. I guess we'll see.
So, given that I don't think Sonnen is a better fighter than Anderson, I see little possibility that Sonnen will finish his opponent.

What do you think, will Sonnen score a (T)KO/SUB ?
What is the likelihood?
Budgellism
6/29/12 6:58:12PM
I want Sonnen to win but I can't pull the trigger on it. I'm gonna pick Silva to win.
pmoney
6/29/12 8:32:29PM
This is actually a really tough fight to call, in my opinion. I want to say that Anderson was injured last time, and will have no problem taking out Sonnen this time. Another part of me wants to say Anderson simply can't stop what Chael does, takedown wise, as is evidenced by Silva having to defeat Sonnen from his back....

Gun to my head, my money is on Anderson Silva. I wouldn't be crazy surprised to see the American Gangster pull it out though.
prophecy033
6/29/12 8:38:52PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

///////////
Thread

EDIT - - - for future use, CHAEL's name ALWAYS goes first.....some Education from the Teacher....now do your summer school homework....son.

He actually has to BEAT the champ to be put 1st.....ju...ju...ju..junior
FastKnockout
6/29/12 9:02:02PM
If he fights anything like he did against Bisping, game over.
TeamDEY
6/29/12 9:06:59PM
I don't know how anyone (except for Chael_Sonnen) could pick against Silva. Silva is more motivated than ever and is now going for the KO. I got Silva first or second round tko.
aussiemma
6/30/12 3:58:18AM
anderson by tko within the first 3 rounds and the legend continues to grow. After chael loses this fight he should seriously consider a job for the wwe, he definately has the personality for it.
frizzzlecake
6/30/12 4:18:31AM
prozacnation1978
6/30/12 9:30:37AM
I would not be suprised if silva wins then retires
Pumped to see silva fight again live. Crazy it will only be second time watching him fight live.
Gogoplatapus
6/30/12 12:16:36PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

EASY fight....
EASY money.....
EASY answer to silly question.

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

///////////
Thread

Wearing those socks, you've already lost.
prophecy033
6/30/12 5:46:40PM
Seems to be a difference between who you WANT to win and who you THINK will win
jjeans
6/30/12 6:24:18PM

Posted by prophecy033

I don't know who I want to win and I have no idea who I think will win, as you can probably tell from my camp posts.
prophecy033
6/30/12 6:37:37PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by prophecy033

I don't know who I want to win and I have no idea who I think will win, as you can probably tell from my camp posts.

I don't like either fighter, before Chael started his talk i wanted him to win the 1st fight just because i wanted Anderson to lose so damn bad. Now ive been going back and forth between who i dislike more. Chael can win this but with Anderson's streak and his ability to win standing and on the ground, i figure i'll keep picking him until the Ref lifts the other guys hand
Patchedup15
6/30/12 7:19:55PM
I think Silva is the better fighter by far.. but "Styles make fights!" and Sonnen's wrestling + GNP is exactly the recipe to undo Silva's "GOAT" Style
prophecy033
6/30/12 7:22:54PM

Posted by Patchedup15

I think Silva is the better fighter by far.. but "Styles make fights!" and Sonnen's wrestling + GNP is exactly the recipe to undo Silva's "GOAT" Style

It would mess up his P4P rank, that I agree on, but even a lose doesn't undo anything he accomplished....including a sub win over Sonnen. If Sonnen wins, its still 1-1
jcordes
7/1/12 11:31:05AM
I can't see Sonnen stopping Silva and I can't see Sonnen successfully dodging head kicks and knees all five rounds either. I think the first fight was more a matter of the fact that SOMEBODY would eventually beat the odds and make it through 4 rounds of precision strikes and it just happened to be Sonnen.

The rematch should help determine whether or not luck was involved in the first fight.

Silva by KO.
bigrand826
7/2/12 8:53:12AM

Posted by Vikingr

Silva will win.He is a real man of steel,unlike Sonnen.

I'm a little confused... Chael is skinny and doesn't train hard? In my opinion, Anderson is the 'skinnier' guy, at least he will be on fight night. If you aren't talking about fight night, then maybe Chael is 'skinnier', but that would lead to your second point. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Anderson gets a little out of shape and/or packs on some pounds in the midsection when not training for a fight. Also, I was under the impression that Chael trains pretty hard (just maybe not on sub defense). I know I've seen some videos of him and it looked to me like he was working pretty hard. I remember a couple with Okami and Chael was destroying him in the drills.
Bubbles
7/2/12 11:16:54PM

Posted by prophecy033

its like when my fave fighter, Keith Jardine, fought Rampage. I wanted Jardine to win, but I picked Rampage because he hits harder and has a far better chin.

but with this fight here, Sonnen has the style to beat Silva - especially if he improved his sub defense to above average. I hate Silva, but it is difficult to pick against him
Hendo67
7/3/12 1:44:45PM
Who i want to win = Chael Sonnen

Who i think will win = Anderson Silva

Their tale in the first fight was that shot that Chael landed early in the first that had Silva hurt, then he rushed in and took Silva down and didn't look back. I just don't think Anderson lets that happen again, i think he controls the striking and that will be the full story of the fight.

I want Chael to beat on him, but i just don't think it happens unfortunately.