Poll:who do you want to win Silva vs. Sonnen 2

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Poll:who do you want to win Silva vs. Sonnen 2
« Previous Page
POLL: how do you [B]want[/B] to win Silva vs. Sonnen 2
Anderson Silva 49% (29)
Chael Sonnen 51% (30)
State_Champ
6/29/12 6:53:40PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by mentalcase

just curious as to which fighter has more fans on this site

Couldn't you just see who is higher ranked on the "fan favorites' Fighter Ranking?

people don't always update, like me

Lol, exactly. I haven't updated mine since some point in 2011.

I see.

Well, Spider Silva is ranked 5, and Sonnen ranked 7 (as of this posting.)
ChrisSabal
6/30/12 5:05:29PM
I like Sonnen and it wouldn't bother me if he won. Guy has tremendous heart and extreme motivation. When he isn't putting on his act and you listen to him talk the things he says can be very inspiring.

But with that being said I want to see Anderson win. I get how people don't like seeing a dominant champion but I am one that does. I want to see this guy go down in history with Ali, Jordan, Gretzky, and so on. I would love to tell my kids(if MMA continues rising in popularity) that I watched Anderson Silva and I watched how truly dominant he was. Just like how my dad talks to me about Tyson and Jordan.
prophecy033
6/30/12 7:16:18PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

I like Sonnen and it wouldn't bother me if he won. Guy has tremendous heart and extreme motivation. When he isn't putting on his act and you listen to him talk the things he says can be very inspiring.

But with that being said I want to see Anderson win. I get how people don't like seeing a dominant champion but I am one that does. I want to see this guy go down in history with Ali, Jordan, Gretzky, and so on. I would love to tell my kids(if MMA continues rising in popularity) that I watched Anderson Silva and I watched how truly dominant he was. Just like how my dad talks to me about Tyson and Jordan.

Tyson fought cans for the most part but Jordan went up against the best in the finals, from Magic and Worthy to Drexler and Porter to Barkley and Johnson to Kemp and Payton to Stockton and Malone. That dude was a Boss in every meaning of the word
Patchedup15
6/30/12 7:22:30PM
Silva is the better fighter, but again.. Sonnen has the style to win, and with some improved jits (or if he is just slightly more cautious) then he should win. Which is good bc the MW division needs a shakeup..
ChrisSabal
6/30/12 8:42:26PM

Posted by Patchedup15

Silva is the better fighter, but again.. Sonnen has the style to win, and with some improved jits (or if he is just slightly more cautious) then he should win. Which is good bc the MW division needs a shakeup..

the MW division won't get much of a shake up. I'm sure Silva would win his 1 fight he would need to challenge Sonnen again. I doubt he'd need two fights.
Bubbles
7/1/12 12:47:43AM
I want Sonnen to win. I am a Silva hater more than I am a Sonnen fan
Bubbles
7/1/12 12:50:44AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by prophecy033

people don't always update, like me

Lol, exactly. I haven't updated mine since some point in 2011.

2010 over here
Adrenaline
7/1/12 3:02:57AM
I would give my left testicle to see Anderson Silva utterly humbled. I don't dislike the guy, I just think he is as fake as a three dollar bill. Pretends to be humble and respectful but is far from it. Sonnen on the other hand is as fake as they come but at least he embraces it.

Pookie
7/1/12 6:07:37AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Not only do I want Chael to win - I want Chael to break Anderson's soul. And not only do I want Chael to break his soul, I want him to drink Anderson's blood and devour his soul.

Dont use my words!
Cooler
7/1/12 6:36:18PM
Why anyone wants a cheating criminal who denigrates his opponents country and family to be a champion is beyond rationale.
State_Champ
7/1/12 6:51:25PM

Posted by Cooler

Why anyone wants a cheating criminal who denigrates his opponents country and family to be a champion is beyond rationale.

Sometimes I kind of enjoy his ridiculous shtick, but

Some of the things he said in the lead up to this bout have been way out of line, imo.
mentalcase
7/2/12 6:08:03AM

Posted by Cooler

i think your beyond rational cheal sonnen is the best talker im mma or any sport that iv seen anyone who gets this offended over some comments needs to learn how to take a joke

i guess anderson has a reason tho, sonnen may have crossed the line a few times but andersons a big boy he a can take it, cheal just needed him to sign to fight so he trolled him for a few years until he did, i think its hilarious

and cheals not criminal what he did was something i and many people dont regard as morally or ethically wrong, he just didnt want to hand his hard earned cash over to the corrupt government wich is understandable

the real criminals are the new york bankers an financial institutions that effectively halved the worlds economy in the 2008 global financial crisis and then got million dollar payouts from the bailout money that the us government payed them for running the country into the ground

but i think im getting off topic here anyway main point is dont have a cry over some mean words that man said

Bubbles
7/2/12 11:11:07PM

Posted by Cooler

so you would rather have a someone who was ready to murder a friend and coach with a shotgun as a champion?
Franklinfan47
7/3/12 3:03:08PM
Tough one. On one hand, it'd be nice to see some new blood in the p4p and MW ranks. On the other hand, it'd be nice to see Sonnen lose again and get knocked down a peg.

I vote Silva!
Cooler
7/3/12 8:08:07PM

Posted by mentalcase
i think your beyond rational cheal sonnen is the best talker im mma or any sport that iv seen anyone who gets this offended over some comments needs to learn how to take a joke

I said "rationale" but okay... learn how to take his jokes? sorry he's not funny to me and I don't have to cater to his comedic style. To me he's just a windbag with ad-hominems and he picked the wrong sport imo, he could be making way more in the WWE and be almost as good of a talker as Hulk Hogan. Chael still isn't even as good as your average pro wrestler in the trolling department so I would check out the WWE if Chael's voice impresses you so much.

posted by mentalcase
i guess anderson has a reason tho, sonnen may have crossed the line a few times but andersons a big boy he a can take it, cheal just needed him to sign to fight so he trolled him for a few years until he did, i think its hilarious

Right, Anderson was ducking Chael the whole time when he was getting tapped out by Maia and Filho and it took Chael trolling Anderson to get the fight, yeah you're the rational one here....

posted by mentalcase
and cheals not criminal what he did was something i and many people dont regard as morally or ethically wrong, he just didnt want to hand his hard earned cash over to the corrupt government wich is understandable

lol you can't be serious with this shit? no wonder Australia's an island of British criminals.

posted by mentalcase
the real criminals are the new york bankers an financial institutions that effectively halved the worlds economy in the 2008 global financial crisis and then got million dollar payouts from the bailout money that the us government payed them for running the country into the ground

Yeah and Chael doesn't help by screwing over others, you're trolling like chael aren't you? or his biggest fan? take about condoning douchebaggery, can't believe someone actually went to bat for chael in the legal department, and it shows by because you don't look good doing it.

Posted by Mentalcase
but i think im getting off topic here anyway main point is dont have a cry over some mean words that man said

Don't cry over me critiquing a fighters integrity when they have none...
Cooler
7/3/12 8:09:44PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Cooler

so you would rather have a someone who was ready to murder a friend and coach with a shotgun as a champion?

Pretty sure that was just a rumor, duder, calm down.
Bubbles
7/3/12 10:35:28PM

Posted by Cooler

It's not a rumor. You are bashing Sonnen calling him a criminal and a douchebag, yet the guy you want to win was ready to commit murder. It's one thing to not like a fighter and get tired of his antics, but if you want to bring in outside the fight world stuff into discussion, then look at both sides of the coin
mentalcase
7/3/12 10:47:40PM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by mentalcase

I said "rationale" but okay... learn how to take his jokes? sorry he's not funny to me and I don't have to cater to his comedic style. To me he's just a windbag with ad-hominems and he picked the wrong sport imo, he could be making way more in the WWE and be almost as good of a talker as Hulk Hogan. Chael still isn't even as good as your average pro wrestler in the trolling department so I would check out the WWE if Chael's voice impresses you so much.

posted by mentalcase

Right, Anderson was ducking Chael the whole time when he was getting tapped out by Maia and Filho and it took Chael trolling Anderson to get the fight, yeah you're the rational one here....

posted by mentalcase

lol you can't be serious with this shit? no wonder Australia's an island of British criminals.

posted by mentalcase

Yeah and Chael doesn't help by screwing over others, you're trolling like chael aren't you? or his biggest fan? take about condoning douchebaggery, can't believe someone actually went to bat for chael in the legal department, and it shows by because you don't look good doing it.

Posted by Mentalcase

mentalcase
7/3/12 10:50:04PM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by Mentalcase

firstly im not of Australian descent im a gangster of Hungarian descent who was born into this great country

secondly cheal is a good guy and has plenty of integrity as he has demonstrated by caring about his young fan

link

and i saw a video where some lady was telling goldberg about cheal calling her child that was in hospital several times to make him feel better i dont have a link for that one

anderson is the one lacking integrity when he pretends not to speak english so he doesn't have to talk to the fans or media
Cooler
7/4/12 4:11:03PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Cooler

It's not a rumor. You are bashing Sonnen calling him a criminal and a douchebag, yet the guy you want to win was ready to commit murder. It's one thing to not like a fighter and get tired of his antics, but if you want to bring in outside the fight world stuff into discussion, then look at both sides of the coin

Who gives a crap what someone doesn't do, how trivial. And he was way younger. Meanwhile, Chael actually does things to offend all of the senses, you had to dig up the one bad thing you had on Anderson and he didn't even do anything... even more trivial, makes me think you're just picking a fight with me because of how ridiculous that is.

Hypothetically.. I almost kicked a baby.. what a horrible person I am huh?
Cooler
7/4/12 4:16:40PM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by Mentalcase

firstly im not of Australian descent im a gangster of Hungarian descent who was born into this great country

secondly cheal is a good guy and has plenty of integrity as he has demonstrated by caring about his young fan

link

and i saw a video where some lady was telling goldberg about cheal calling her child that was in hospital several times to make him feel better i dont have a link for that one

anderson is the one lacking integrity when he pretends not to speak english so he doesn't have to talk to the fans or media

He doesn't have to speak English to you buddy he speaks Portuguese natively so that's what he's comfortable speaking and that has nothing to do with integrity. For example, I know a decent amount of German but I won't be using my German in interviews because it's not comfortable and I can't think of all the words I know in English in German, it's hard and I don't lose integrity over it.

The things you lose integrity over are things like cheating your way through the sport with roids, TRT and shortcuts to big fights saying the worst things you can possibly say and getting your fans to call it "brilliant speaking" ... puke
Pages: 1 [2]