Who do you want to win the showdown at Affliction Banned?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who do you want to win the showdown at Affliction Banned?
POLL: Who wins?
Fedor Emelienenko 53% (28)
Tim Sylvia 47% (25)
therav3neffect
6/9/08 8:06:10PM
Tim "The Maine-iac" Sylvia vs. Fedor Emelienenko
balack_o-bama
6/9/08 8:14:22PM
No doubt in my mind The Maine-iac will walk away from the ring and away from an unconcious Fedor the victor.

Fedor will have no answer for the Big Tims reach. He has never fought an MMA fighter near Tims size. Schilt is a Kickboxer, man choi, zulo, and whoever else are freakshows with no mma skills whatsoever. IT WILL be different with Sylvia, who is a complete MMA fighter. Fedor will not be able to take Tim to the ground and will be forced a steady diet of leather at the paws of the MAINE-IAC!!!!!!!!

therav3neffect
6/9/08 8:16:59PM

Posted by balack_o-bama

No doubt in my mind The Maine-iac will walk away from the ring and away from an unconcious Fedor the victor.

Fedor will have no answer for the Big Tims reach. He has never fought an MMA fighter near Tims size. Schilt is a Kickboxer, man choi, zulo, and whoever else are freakshows with no mma skills whatsoever. IT WILL be different with Sylvia, who is a complete MMA fighter. Fedor will not be able to take Tim to the ground and will be forced a steady diet of leather at the paws of the MAINE-IAC!!!!!!!!

HELL YEAH

WAR SYLVIA
chickmagnet
6/10/08 12:15:21AM
Fedor............................and he will be the victor. 2nd round KO
Pookie
6/10/08 12:26:43AM

Posted by balack_o-bama

Was this really a serious post?

I want to see Fedor win because hes just so versatile that there's very few ways he can lose this without it being anticlimactic. Plus i want to see him against the UFC HW Title measuring stick. , call me crazy but i have a feeling fedor will beat tim in a more dominating fashion than Nog, Couture, Arlovski, or Mir did.

Manfred
6/10/08 12:39:41AM
The title say "who do you want to win?" and the poll says "who wins?" so which is it?

Honestly, Timmah has a small "sprawl and stall-jab-jab" chance at a decision win. But it's unlikely. Fedor doesn't really shoot anyways and Timmah's TD defense is only good against traditional wrestling double leg shots. (See Randy and Nog fights)
Pookie
6/10/08 12:42:44AM

Posted by Manfred
... Fedor doesn't really shoot anyways and Timmah's TD defense is only good against traditional wrestling double leg shots. (See Randy and Nog fights)

I said the same thing before on another thread and people just dismissed it. Im glad to see that someone else agrees with me on this.
Mchubb316
6/10/08 12:48:11AM
I want Sylvia to win. I think that he will also. Although I hear that Fedor fella is pretty good.
Kracker_Jap
6/10/08 1:19:57AM
I think Fedor is going to win via sub first round maybe second....

But what I want is for big Tim school Fedor standing up then shoot in and take Fedor down and beat him with some ground and pound.... Fedor to reverse... Tim to pull gaurd and the Sub Fedor with a Gogoplata

But what I want and what I get are two different things
NatedawgThaM
6/10/08 2:21:23AM
Who do I want to win? Fedor, and by KO
Who wins? Fedor by submission.

Fedor will drop him with a big overhand right like Randy did and sub him with an armbar shortly after. Even though I wish Fedor would KO him with that overhand right that drops him or stop him with punches with GNP shortly after!!!
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/10/08 3:03:49AM
oddly i wanna see Sylvia win....guess its one of those underdog things.
but i see fedor being too explosive
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/10/08 7:27:11AM
hahahahahhahaa i just broke the 50-50. i waaant tiiiiiimaaaay.

Reason being i guess i'm tired of 90% of mma fans on this earth claiming Fedor is the ultimate superhuman weapon that can't be beaten when the guy hasn't fought in forever. And then having big timmy come in there and whoop him...that would be quite funny, very unlikely, but very funny. We'd also get to see that confused "I lost ?" russian expression on his face, alexs' is priceless
papercut
6/10/08 4:32:54PM

Posted by balack_o-bama

people said the same thing when Randy fought Tim... and we all know how that turned out.
casey64
6/10/08 6:06:39PM
It would be great to see Tim win, but I just don't think he can do it.

So who do I want to see win= Tim Silvia
Who is gonna win= Fedor

Fedor by submission in the 2nd round.
The-Don
6/10/08 7:24:09PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Reason being i guess i'm tired of 90% of mma fans on this earth claiming Fedor is the ultimate superhuman weapon that can't be beaten when the guy hasn't fought in forever. And then having big timmy come in there and whoop him...that would be quite funny, very unlikely, but very funny. We'd also get to see that confused "I lost ?" russian expression on his face, alexs' is priceless

Why do people say Fedor has not fought in forever.. he fought 6 months ago.. true... He completely outclassed that opponent.. but he still fought.. oh and wait.. that was just MMA you do recall he fights very very frequently in Sambo matches all over and is extremely dominant there as well... And for those who have not watched a Sambo Match.. it is very very similiar to MMAa couple more rules but mostly the same.. great training for MMA on top of that.. DO you people think Fedor sits around 6 months at a time drinking Vodka or something? Hte man is constantly training and ready to fight.. and while people may want to see Tim win... I seriously doubt it will happen... THere is not much Tim brings to the table Fedor has not delt with.... Size.. Fedors foguth bigger. strength? he's fought stronger.. more skilled.. yea he's fought that as well... Tim is good I like him I likewatching him fight... but Fedor is winning this....
jiujitsufreak74
6/10/08 8:48:50PM
to be honest, i want Tim Sylvia to win. i just want to forget Fedor, his antics really ticked me off. it would just be better for the HW division if he loses because then there wouldn't be this rogue invincible fighter that fights on his terms only. Fedor loses market value, then maybe Dana could sign Tim back to the UFC where Fedor would follow to try and achieve the dominance he once knew. then the UFC HW division would be back in full gear and we can get consistently good HW fights from the UFC.

however, Fedor will win, so my scenario is more of a dream tbh.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/10/08 9:41:16PM
it will look very similar to the randy fight, accept fedor will sub tim early for the victory. fedor will clock tim early , get a body clinch , take him down , lock in a cross body kimura.
Boo_Radley21
6/10/08 10:52:28PM
I want Tim to win. And I think there's a chance he could do it.
mkiv9secsupra
6/11/08 1:01:13AM

Posted by balack_o-bama

Yeah Fedor has never done to well against strikers like Mirko Filipovic, Semmy Schilt, and Mark Hunt...... i guess thats why he beat them....

Tim seems to really know how to defend against the overhand right as well ala Couture and Arlovski. And we all know Fedor is going to throw the overhand, clinch, then trip Sylvia where obviously Tim has an advantage....

jiujitsufreak74
6/11/08 1:04:18AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by balack_o-bama

Yeah Fedor has never done to well against strikers like Mirko Filipovic, Semmy Schilt, and Mark Hunt...... i guess thats why he beat them....

Tim seems to really know how to defend against the overhand right as well ala Couture and Arlovski. And we all know Fedor is going to throw the overhand, clinch, then trip Sylvia where obviously Tim has an advantage....

doesn't seem like Fedor has a chance does it
mkiv9secsupra
6/11/08 1:07:05AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by balack_o-bama

actually im gonna bet Tim mounts Fedor in less than 45 seconds of the first round and easily manages to get an armbar
Pookie
6/11/08 1:13:01AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by balack_o-bama

actually im gonna bet Tim mounts Fedor in less than 45 seconds of the first round and easily manages to get an armbar

after a bit of Vicious GnP of course. Although personally, i was thinking Tim would get the Kimoura going on fedor.
89vision
6/11/08 2:02:32AM
if sylvia really beating fedor on the poll? this is embarressing
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/11/08 7:40:19AM

Posted by The-Don

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Why do people say Fedor has not fought in forever.. he fought 6 months ago.. true... He completely outclassed that opponent.. but he still fought.. oh and wait.. that was just MMA you do recall he fights very very frequently in Sambo matches all over and is extremely dominant there as well... And for those who have not watched a Sambo Match.. it is very very similiar to MMAa couple more rules but mostly the same.. great training for MMA on top of that.. DO you people think Fedor sits around 6 months at a time drinking Vodka or something? Hte man is constantly training and ready to fight.. and while people may want to see Tim win... I seriously doubt it will happen... THere is not much Tim brings to the table Fedor has not delt with.... Size.. Fedors foguth bigger. strength? he's fought stronger.. more skilled.. yea he's fought that as well... Tim is good I like him I likewatching him fight... but Fedor is winning this....

Ok first of all, the thing vs Choi... circus act, show, call it whatever you want, it was not a Fedor fight. And secondly, rolling around practicing and training sambo for months does not meen one is ready for a 15 min battle in the ring. I don't know if you did read my post but I also state that fedor will win so lol... I just think that the thought of him losing to Timmay would be quite hilarious, given that fedor is """"best p4p mma fighter in the world""""
jiujitsufreak74
6/11/08 2:43:15PM

Posted by 89vision

it is who do you want to win, not who do you think will win. i personally want Sylvia to win for the reasons i mentioned
Rush
6/11/08 3:01:05PM
I want Fedor to win.
89vision
6/11/08 3:02:36PM

Posted by 89vision

it is who do you want to win, not who do you think will win. i personally want Sylvia to win for the reasons i mentioned

i like them both i want a good fight, i just think fedor is better for the same arguments i have when tim fought nog

im just shocked that tim's not an underdog in the poll tbh tim's always been everyones "verbal punching bag" calling him boring and whatnot, i guess more people hate fedor than i thought......oh well