Who do you want to win. Serra or Hughes?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who do you want to win. Serra or Hughes?
Next Page »
KillaMed87
6/20/07 11:33:54PM
Who do you want to win? Do you want Serra to retain the title or Hughes to destroy him.

I honestly dislike Serra, i dont think that he even deserved to face GSP in the first place. Hes 9-4 with loses to Penn Thomas Parysian and Carter. Looks bad for the UFC for someone of his caliber to have the belt

For all you fans of Serra, im not saying hes terrible or anything i just dont think hes good enough to be champ...got lucky thats all!!
MMA
6/20/07 11:50:06PM
If GSP wins his match against Koscheck, then Serra. Otherwise, I pick Hughes.
cmill21
6/20/07 11:54:56PM
Agreed, don't get me wrong, I think hughes will dominate, but if GSP beats koshceck, then I want to see a Serra GSP re-match.
KYGUY07
6/21/07 12:09:59AM
I really think the reason gsp, lost was he was so nervous about defending the belt, if gsp fought serra 100 times he would win 99 of those times, serra didnt even deserve a shot, he won a show with a bunch of fighters who arent even that great in the first place.
Hurricane_Brad
6/21/07 12:13:57AM
I'm not a big Hughes fan, and I would really like to see GSP avenge his loss to Serra and regain the title, so I hope Serra takes it. I don't think that he will, however.
jdubs
6/21/07 12:19:15AM
hughes hughes hughes.. no doubt about it
SteedTheDeed
6/21/07 1:33:25AM
i would love to see hughes get choked again.
Signal2112
6/21/07 6:15:12AM
Hughes, undoubtedly. Serra got a shot of extreme luck during that match-the wildcard that comes up once in a while and allows an average fighter to beat a great one (Gonzaga vs Cro Cop and Henderson vs Kondo come to mind too). I'd love to see GSP and Hughes fight again, because they're both top class competitors and both very deserving of the belt.

I though Serra made a great susbtitute coach on TUF though, constantly shouting "foot stomps" and "shoulder pressure".
Naturaldisaster
6/21/07 6:39:10AM
I think Hughes will win but I'm praying serra does, because I want to see GSP avenge his loss and Serra would probably be the easier fight
Rush
6/21/07 7:59:11AM
Hughes will win by decision.
Mastodon2
6/21/07 9:04:11AM
Serra is a great coach and can be a nice guy, but I want Hughes to bulldoze right through him, Hughes is more deserving I feel, and there will be more glory for GSP when he beats Hughes again, as opposed to just beating the upstart Serra.
hook_tothe_body
6/21/07 9:33:25AM

Posted by SteedTheDeed

i would love to see hughes get choked again.

Meeeeee too.

I don't really like Hughes, I hope Serra taps him out.

But honestly, I think Hughes will win by boring decision. Don't see him tapping out Serra. Maybe TKO by GnP.
MMA_Needs_Mayhem
6/21/07 9:41:07AM
I want Serra to win, just so GSP gets a chance for redemption. But at the same time I don't want the better fighter to lose out so I want Hughes to win so that order remains (or whatever's left after all these upsets) in the MMA world. Hughes is world class and if he takes it to the ground, he'll easily take Serra to a decision win.
Stickan
6/21/07 9:44:10AM

Posted by KYGUY07

I really think the reason gsp, lost was he was so nervous about defending the belt, if gsp fought serra 100 times he would win 99 of those times, serra didnt even deserve a shot, he won a show with a bunch of fighters who arent even that great in the first place.

Well he must've been deserving of a title-shot since he CONVINCINGLY beat the champion... I don't know what you GSP-nuthuggers are whining about. He got beat by the better fighter that night.
I too believe he would win a rematch but if he lost because he underestimated his opponent and was nervous, he wasn't much of a champion at the time anyway.

I think Hughes will win but I hope Serra wins.

cincyassasin
6/21/07 10:01:54AM
I met Hughes at an event I fought in where he was the ref and he is an asshole! I hope Serra wins and I believe he can but in all honesty it's hard to go against Hughes in this fight.
Fanboy 1988
6/21/07 10:54:03AM
I don't like Hughes, he's way to full of himself. I hope Serra kicks his ass
thepunisher
6/21/07 10:58:36AM
I want Serra to win because of the hate i have for Hughes with exception of big Tim there is nobody i like watching get beat up more then Hughes
fat2rak005
6/21/07 11:23:09AM
i really like serra, but its too hard to go against hughes.
AchillesHeel
6/21/07 11:48:15AM
I'm on the bandwagon: I want Serra to win, but he's got a mountain to climb against Hughes.

As for his record, losses to Penn and Parisyan are nothing to apologize for. Thomas and Carter, less so, but there's no question in my mind that Serra is a better (and a different) fighter than he was then.
MattHughes
6/21/07 1:37:03PM
I want Hughes to win and become the 10 time WW champion. And for all of you saying "Hughes by boring LnP" or "Hughes by boring decision" you obviously don't know the true Hughes. Yes his most recent fight he decisioned Chris Lytle who has never been finished(besides one cut stoppage). Matt finishes I think about 80% or more of his fights.

In Matt's 15-3 record in the UFC hes been to 4 decisions.
Matt Serra on the other hand is 6-4 in the UFC and been to 6 decisions.
GSP 7-2 in the UFC has already been to 3 decisions.
Chuck Liddell also 15-3 in the UFC has been to 5 decisions.

I could go on and on but I just don't understand why people lately think Hughes will LnP and decision everyone.
Nacho
6/21/07 2:34:28PM
Another vote here for Matt "the terra" Serra. I hope Matt wants to box. Serra liked GSP and beat his ass. Serra can't stand Hughs. Look out for the little Italian.
Basshandsome
6/21/07 2:51:32PM
I would love to see a GSP/Serra rematch but i just can't see Hughes losing to Serra. Hughes will most likely dominate him.
cowcatcher
6/21/07 3:23:45PM

Posted by KillaMed87

Who do you want to win? Do you want Serra to retain the title or Hughes to destroy him.

I honestly dislike Serra, i dont think that he even deserved to face GSP in the first place. Hes 9-4 with loses to Penn Thomas Parysian and Carter. Looks bad for the UFC for someone of his caliber to have the belt

For all you fans of Serra, im not saying hes terrible or anything i just dont think hes good enough to be champ...got lucky thats all!!

every fighter that beat serra is an established pro so i dont see why its such a shock to people that hes the champ. i agree that gsp is super talented and would beat serra more often than not, but 99 out of 100???come on. i want serra to win against hughes but the fact is hughes has been in the octagon a ton of times and is a dominant fighter that will probably take this fight 8 of 10 times. im really hoping serra had a little thunder left in his hands for this fight he seems like a very real, and good guy.
keith-hackney1
6/21/07 3:24:45PM
Serra will ko hughes !!!!!
Ultimate_fighter
6/21/07 4:21:54PM
Serra 1st round KO!!!
Damien6663
6/21/07 6:51:43PM
Serra, hughes' personality really annoys me.
argile
6/21/07 7:15:00PM
Id like to see Serra win, Hughes had a good run. I think its time for some fresh blood to get a chance to create some amazing fights.
hippysmacker
6/21/07 7:26:52PM
Hughes, then I want Hughes/GSP 3.
MrGreeny
6/21/07 7:53:21PM
Im really confused. I don't like neither Serra nor Hughes... I guess i want Hughes to destroy Serra in the 2nd round and the next fight GSP to win his belt back with a vicious KO (Hughes on a stretcher)
Then the same should happen to Serra
Im so mean MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA
njekul
6/21/07 8:01:18PM
serra and hughes are bolth ok fighters. it dosent matter who wins. gsp or kos will beet them bolth i would rather see kos and gsp for title. (serra has no skill anyways. he got lucky with gsp) so i guess hughes will win but then retire after he loses to kos or gsp.
Pages: [1] 2