who would win in their prime?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » who would win in their prime?
« Previous Page
warglory
6/10/07 11:55:57AM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

agreed...shamrock had LOTS of power. He was kinda like Rampage just without the slams. And Shamrock definitely had knockout power, while couture doesnt really. However Shamrock could only use that power for a couple rounds until he gassed while randy is the conditioning master.... im still gonna have to say Couture. I think he could last til a later round then maybe sub or TKO from GnP Shamrock

Till he gassed???? He fought Gracie, Severn, Oleg and Yamada all for 30 minutes, and there are other instances where his matches lasted longer than 20 minutes andhe always looked fine. The only time I've ever really seen him gas was against Fujita and Frye...

In his rematch with Gracie he had planned on a 2 hour match...

Yeah but against all his early opponents there was very little activity. They would either pace themselves on foot forever, or lay in the guard position forever. I know jockeying for position on the ground wears you out, but not as much as going balls to the wall like he did against Fujita for 8 minutes.
richieb19
6/10/07 12:03:11PM

Posted by warglory

Yeah but against all his early opponents there was very little activity. They would either pace themselves on foot forever, or lay in the guard position forever. I know jockeying for position on the ground wears you out, but not as much as going balls to the wall like he did against Fujita for 8 minutes.

Very true, but the Fujita fight was actually a heart problem he had (heart palpatations)... either way youre right about Ken conserving alot when he used to fight, but his 2 decision wins in Pancrase against Takahashi and Yamada, which where 20 minutes straight where pretty action pacted...

EDIT: And coming back to the original debate about how Couture has always shown incredible cardio... Rizzo anyone?
warglory
6/10/07 12:04:57PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by warglory

Very true, but the Fujita fight was actually a heart problem he had (heart palpatations)... either way youre right about Ken conserving alot when he used to fight, but his 2 decision wins in Pancrase against Takahashi and Yamada, which where 20 minutes straight where pretty action pacted...

EDIT: And coming back to the original debate about how Couture has always shown incredible cardio... Rizzo anyone?

Yeah? I'll have to check out more of his Pancrase matches. I watched a couple of the ones you compiled.
richieb19
6/10/07 12:12:25PM
Theyre all still on veoh.com
rameydl8
6/10/07 1:09:53PM

Posted by jdubs

are u serious do u even have to ask... randy is soo much better now than ken was in his prime. ken is just a dumbass brawler

do us all a favor and stop posting......
Pages: 1 [2]