Last win in the UFC by Key lock?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Last win in the UFC by Key lock?
postman
12/23/09 8:47:53PM
I was showing some of the kids at my gym ways to find Key locks and one of the fathers asked why is it you don't see them in the UFC at first I was like your kidding right? Then I tried to come up with the last one I saw and I can't really even think of someone trying one let alone finishing with one. Any help?
postman
12/23/09 8:54:34PM
Just found Derek Downey Nick Catone from Feb 8th 09
jiujitsufreak74
12/24/09 1:30:10AM
Krzysztof had a bunch of key locks recently, the most recent coming in April against Stann at UFC 97.

however the most recent keylock in the UFC in general was by George Sotiropolous against George Roop at UFC 101 (August 8, 2009)
mentalcase
12/24/09 2:54:33AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Krzysztof had a bunch of key locks recently, the most recent coming in April against Stann at UFC 97.

however the most recent keylock in the UFC in general was by George Sotiropolous against George Roop at UFC 101 (August 8, 2009)

those were kimuras which is considers an reverse keylock i think

sparky
12/24/09 2:59:02AM
Forrest Griffin tryed to key lock Rampage in there fight.
jiujitsufreak74
12/24/09 12:37:39PM

Posted by mentalcase

well i consioder both kimura's and americana's both to be keylocks, just in different directions. so i guess you can consider the kimura a reverse keylock, but throughout my entire jiu-jitsu career i have heard them called keylocks.
postman
12/24/09 3:21:17PM

Posted by mentalcase

well i consioder both kimura's and americana's both to be keylocks, just in different directions. so i guess you can consider the kimura a reverse keylock, but throughout my entire jiu-jitsu career i have heard them called keylocks.

I ment americana I have seen both called key locks but for the most part when people are talking Kimura they say Kimura while americanas seem to be called key locks much more. Obviously gym to gym they are referanced differently hell my ground coach calles americans v arms and Kimuras chicken wings and hammer locks.
grappler0000
12/24/09 5:13:45PM

Posted by postman

Posted by mentalcase

I ment americana I have seen both called key locks but for the most part when people are talking Kimura they say Kimura while americanas seem to be called key locks much more. Obviously gym to gym they are referanced differently hell my ground coach calles americans v arms and Kimuras chicken wings and hammer locks.

Yeah, a chicken wing is just the catch wrestling term used...just depends on someone's background.
jae_1833
12/24/09 6:08:47PM
Another term that gets thrown around a lot like that is the head&arm choke, depending on what position your in when it is applied will determine what people call it. For the most part key lock, and head&arm chokes are generalized descriptions while Kimura or D'Arce Choke are specific techniques.