who would win? Forrest Griffin or Michael Bisping

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » who would win? Forrest Griffin or Michael Bisping
POLL: Who would win this bout?
Forrest Griffin 58% (26)
Michael 'The Count' Bisping 42% (19)
ufc88
8/19/07 11:56:34AM
I think this would be a great match up, Forrest has faced much tougher opponents such as Tito and Jeremy Horn however they both share a common opponent, Elvis Sinosic; who Bisping was much more dominant over than forrest was.....
loonytnt
8/19/07 1:06:37PM
well idk who would win but bisping is going lose his next fight anyway
DMcCabe11
8/19/07 1:13:08PM
how did Bisping look more impressive??? first of all forrest finished the fight in the first which is something Bisping could not do...and Bisping got rocked hard in the 2nd round when elvis never rocked forrest so forrest looked way better than bisping did in their respective fights.......and also forrest is on a different level then bisping i dont know why anyone think he is even close to top 10 he's never beaten anyone worth shit in MMA forrest would maul bisping
babalu2720
8/19/07 1:26:56PM
I'd say Forrest by UD...he could use his crisper striking and stay on the outside
Jackelope
8/19/07 1:28:46PM
Lucky for us if Bisping wins this upcoming fight I'm sure we'll see this one in the future. Forrest aint going nowhere and eventually Dana will have to put Bisping in with the big dogs instead of keeping him chained to a car axle in the back yard
Stickan
8/19/07 1:54:53PM
Forrest is a huge 205er and Bisping a pretty small one. With that said I think Bispings style is the style to beat Forrest with. He's hyperaggressive and even though he probably wouldn't knock Forrest out he'd rough him up and probably open up cuts.

I think it would be a close fight but Bisping with the bigger gastank and the "in your face" style would win a decision.
Cladrix
8/19/07 3:06:34PM
I think Bisping can pull it off...... Dont get me wrong Forrest is a great fighter but I see Bisping's style of fighting too much for Forrest.......

Bisping by UD!!!
hardhitta513
8/19/07 3:16:30PM
forrest i think would beat the brakes off bisping...like both but gotta b serious here...
Twenty20Dollars
8/19/07 3:34:18PM
I think this fight would go like the Jardine vs Forrest fight. Bisping winning by tko.
Mastodon2
8/19/07 3:44:03PM
I think this one is hard to call, it would be an absolute war thats for sure. They both have a similar, loose, aggressive style, and I think they would bring out the best in each other. I think Bisping might just take it though, he has a great amount of striking power, and he gets crisper every time.

Hard to call, but Id give it 55/45 to Griffin due to his experience, but since they are imo so similar, its more of a coin toss than a definitive answer as to who takes this one.
peachfuzzz1305
8/19/07 3:49:40PM
Forrest

Bisping has average stand up

and is shit on the ground
_GSP_
8/19/07 4:29:47PM
bisping his way more well rounded than forrest better submission better wrestling and his a champion in kick boxing so this his a no brainer
postman
8/19/07 5:25:53PM
I have to go with Forest. Until Bisping beats someone relavant then he is no more than a Dana White pet project. Dana wants to keep him clear so the UK fans will have someone to cheer for. Soko said he wanted Bisping and Dana said he was crazy. I think that is just the type of figher they should give him its not like he asked for Chuck or Tito. But back to the fight Forest took Tito to the limit he would at least UD Bisping.
TOMMYAYO05
8/19/07 5:46:38PM
Bisping for sure he dominates people with his standup and Griffin would get ktfo by Bisping if he stood up with him and then if it went to the ground Bisping would tko him there via gnp or submitt him.I do agree with some of you though it seems like Dana is protecting Bisping while Forrest has fought Bonnar again,Ortiz,and Jardine.I would want to see Bisping-Evans more then this one though.
peachfuzzz1305
8/19/07 6:00:44PM
Rashad would woop Mike 's A**

Rashad by UD

This fight might happen if Bisping beats Hamill which i dout

TOMMYAYO05
8/19/07 6:05:53PM

Posted by peachfuzzz1305

Rashad would woop Mike 's A**

Rashad by UD

This fight might happen if Bisping beats Hamill which i dout

I do want Hamill to win because i dislike Bisping because he thinks hes the ******* shit,but i think he is to skilled for Hamill.
peachfuzzz1305
8/19/07 6:12:47PM
No Mike ' s stand up is average IMO And I don' t think it will be enough to beat Hamill

And I think Hamill ' s Wrestling will get him the UD

TOMMYAYO05
8/19/07 6:15:32PM

Posted by peachfuzzz1305

No Mike ' s stand up is average IMO And I don' t think it will be enough to beat Hamill

Well it has been a while since we have all seen hamill so maybe he has got better,but your right when you say Evans would probably tko both of them.
peachfuzzz1305
8/19/07 6:19:22PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by peachfuzzz1305

Well it has been a while since we have all seen hamill so maybe he has got better,but your right when you say Evans would probably tko both of them.

Yeah definatly

The only thing is that Matt and Rashad both have wrestling but Rashad 's is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Better

Twenty20Dollars
8/19/07 6:32:33PM
Actually Bisping asked to fight a top guy, dana wasnt protecting him. Matt Hamill just kept calling out Bisping. So bisping took the fight to get hamill off his back.
DMcCabe11
8/19/07 9:56:13PM
all of you who picked bisping to win this fight have no brain whatsoever and dont deserve to watch MMA forrest has been in there with jeff monson, jeremy horn, and tito ortiz and the most impressive person bispings fought is either elvis sinosic who forrest dominated in his 1st ufc fight or ross pointon bisping has no chance if forrest cant outwork him on the feet for some reason(which he def wud be able to) he would take him down and drop elbows on that c level fighters face
Jackelope
8/19/07 11:29:27PM
Just because one fighter beats somebody another fighter can't doesn't mean jack, really. If I really must I'll post examples, but I think you get what I mean.

A lot of people thought people were moronic for picking GG over Crocop. I think we've come to see over the past year that this is a sport in which anything can happen. GSP/Serra anyone?
bls1919
8/20/07 1:21:46AM
i think that bispings hand are better and if could get griffen to the ground and feed him some elbows, it would be over. plus bispings stamina is very good and griffins isnt
peachfuzzz1305
8/20/07 2:40:40AM

Posted by bls1919

i think that bispings hand are better and if could get griffen to the ground and feed him some elbows, it would be over. plus bispings stamina is very good and griffins isnt

SicJits
8/20/07 9:15:00AM
bisping is more well rounded between stand up and ground and pound then forrest. Bispings weaknesses are his defense and his ultra aggressiveness that get him in trouble, but he is working with rampage and should get betterd defense out of it. forrest is a good solid fighter but only utilizies his standup skills, i could see bisbing either subing or koing forrest. forrest has not been the same since kj ko'd him hence the apology to hector for "running away" from him after their fight. forrest would however stand a much better chance against bisping then his actual next opponet in shogun, who is going to destroy forrest.
HulkRage
9/16/07 3:50:02PM
Griffin.
Lay_N_Pray
9/16/07 4:23:19PM
Bisping is average at everything...but Griffen is really good at f'n people up. I would take Griffen by KO in the first round.

He would just throw his wild, hard punches and Bisping would probably go to sleep. I just dont really see Bisping as much of a threat at 205, he really needs to drop to 185
gamez0932
9/16/07 6:57:21PM
i think forrest would win, when forrest fights he needs to get rocked or hurt for him to fight better.... everytime michaels been hurt he's not as good.
TOMMYAYO05
9/18/07 1:28:20AM
Bisping....when he is on his game he would be to well rounded for Forrest.
MikeBillotto
9/21/07 6:06:37PM
this is such a dumb topic..we all know forrest would kill bisping dont get me wrong bisping is a great fighter but he should have lost to matt hammil me and my group of friends even say he lost we count it as he lost...hes an asshole how he acted after that fight acting like he won