Following win, flyweight Louis Gaudinot waiting for the UFC's call

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Following win, flyweight Louis Gaudinot waiting for the UFC's call
prophecy033
7/7/12 2:11:32AM
There's no longer a question of how well flyweights fight into the UFC.

The answer? Pretty darn well.

It's only natural, then, for one of them, Louis Gaudinot (6-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC), to wonder why his phone isn't ringing at the moment. Still unbooked after his first octagon win at UFC on FOX 3, he wants a fight.

"I fought two months ago, and I still done have an opponent lined up," he today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "I want to get back in there."

Gaudinot fought at flyweight before bulking up to bantamweight for a stint on "The Ultimate Fighter 14." At the conclusion of the show, he dropped back to 125 pounds and earned a first-round submission win over John Lineker, which won him a $65,000 "Fight of the Night" at UFC on FX 3.

His next step, however, is unknown.

Link
meier
7/7/12 11:16:17AM
Awwww love it
Goatenstein
7/7/12 1:00:18PM
With so many events and so few flyweights you'd think the whole flyweight roster would always have a scheduled fight.
pmoney
7/7/12 2:44:09PM
I think One FC might make it harder, in the immediate going, for the UFC to bolster it's flyweight division. Not too long ago, it looked like JMMA was all but dying. Now it seems like the whole Asian continent is blowing up again, and One FC is looking like it's gonna be a pretty big deal.

However, the Featherweight and Bantamweight divisions are beginning to stack up fairly nicely, and it hasn't taken too long. Hopefully the flyweight division will shape up similarly
BeeR
7/7/12 6:07:37PM
I counted louis out after the green haired step kid beatdown he got from bedford, but he had a good rebound fight.
Budgellism
7/7/12 6:41:36PM
They need to raid Tachi Palace Fights for their Flyweight division.
hashyandy4
7/7/12 7:06:56PM

Posted by Budgellism

Agreed
pmoney
7/7/12 10:50:58PM

Posted by hashyandy4

Posted by Budgellism

Agreed

At least get Jussier de Silva and Mamoru Yamaguchi.
Franklinfan47
7/8/12 1:24:23AM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by hashyandy4

Posted by Budgellism

Agreed

At least get Jussier de Silva and Mamoru Yamaguchi.

+Darrel Montague, possibly Ulysses Gomez