Who would win in a fight: Chuck Norris or Randy Couture?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Who would win in a fight: Chuck Norris or Randy Couture?
POLL: Who would win in a fight: Chuck Norris or Randy Couture
Chuck Norris 31% (11)
Randy Couture 69% (25)
krthll1
9/13/07 10:25:49PM
Me and my friend at school had an argument over this at school yesterday. Everyone at my school thinks Chuck Norris because they have never seen Randy Couture fight before. I picked Randy Couture because I can't imagine that Norris's dirty boxing skills and ground game would be up to Couture's level.
Please tell me your pick and method of victory.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
sakurabaforever
9/13/07 11:02:43PM
The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Chuck Norris 3. Cancer.

But seriously prime vs prime I think the edge might go to Chucky. Now...well Couture may be 44, but Chuck is 67!

65-5, undefeated as World Champion for six consecutive years, avenged all losses. Thats damn impressive. I'm sure if Randy took him down he'd win (Norris does train JJ, but he's a lot lighter (185 I think) then Couture so I don't think he could stop the GnP).

But Chuck has a clear advantage on the feet, he was very fast and powerful, not sure if Randy can take his kicks coming in and he would be outboxed/kickboxed if he kept it standing.

Chun Kuk Do ftw!
thepunisher
9/14/07 7:09:28AM
Did you know that death's by head kicks have gone up 1000% every year since Chuck Norris was born that is a FACT.

Even at 67 Chuck Norris would kill Randy in a fight. WOW you guys are NOOBS
Stickan
9/14/07 7:20:48AM

Posted by thepunisher

Did you know that death's by head kicks have gone up 1000% every year since Chuck Norris was born that is a FACT.

Exactly. Walker Texas Ranger by dropkick.

If the guys you talked to were serious.... Randy would creeeeeaaam Norris so bad even when Chuck was at his best.
gspgnp
9/14/07 9:40:23AM
Considering the seriousness of this thread, I think I have Rickson by armbar!!!
grappler0000
9/14/07 9:40:29AM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by thepunisher

If the guys you talked to were serious.... Randy would creeeeeaaam Norris so bad even when Chuck was at his best.

Agreed...I honestly thought this was a no-brainer for everyone here.

BTW, The chief export of Randy Couture is Pain.
k_lup07
9/14/07 11:35:25AM
**** ******* chuck norris. bruce lee would wreck him and everyone else

now that i got that out of the way, chuck norris lost his virginity before his dad did.

but honestly i hate all of those chuck norris jokes

so id say randy by stare, as in as soon as chuck sees the natural eyeing him down, he says fuuuuck this and gets out of there
x_soa_x
9/15/07 1:29:31PM

Posted by sakurabaforever

The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Chuck Norris 3. Cancer.

But seriously prime vs prime I think the edge might go to Chucky. Now...well Couture may be 44, but Chuck is 67!

65-5, undefeated as World Champion for six consecutive years, avenged all losses. Thats damn impressive. I'm sure if Randy took him down he'd win (Norris does train JJ, but he's a lot lighter (185 I think) then Couture so I don't think he could stop the GnP).

But Chuck has a clear advantage on the feet, he was very fast and powerful, not sure if Randy can take his kicks coming in and he would be outboxed/kickboxed if he kept it standing.

Chun Kuk Do ftw!

lol, srsly?

Prime vs. prime, Chuck Norris would lose in under three minutes. Chuck has trained JJ, but Randy Couture is a mixed martial artist.

Takedown-mount-GnP-Chuck Norris' friends pulling Randy Couture off of him.
zephead
9/15/07 4:43:48PM
Read this, then you tell me:

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.

There is no chin behind Chuck Norris’ beard. There is only another fist.

When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.

Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

Chuck Norris’ hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water AND make it drink.

Chuck Norris doesn’t wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.

Chuck Norris gave Mona Lisa that smile.

Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.

Chuck Norris does not get frostbite. Chuck Norris bites frost

Remember the Soviet Union? They decided to quit after watching a DeltaForce marathon on Satellite TV.

Contrary to popular belief, America is not a democracy, it is a Chucktatorship.

casey64
9/15/07 6:18:12PM
Randy for sure.
Conartist
9/16/07 1:38:34AM
Chuck actually has a BJJ black belt from the Machado brothers. I was watching some old Walker episodes the other day and there was one time he did an armbar and another time he did a guillotine choke.
sakurabaforever
9/16/07 6:22:30PM

Posted by grappler0000

Sure...no brainer....obviously strikers have no chance in MMA. Former UFC HW Champ and Olympic wrestler Mark Coleman would creeeeeaaam any kicker with no ground game like CC. Oh wait...
Stickan
9/16/07 8:36:07PM

Posted by grappler0000

Sure...no brainer....obviously strikers have no chance in MMA. Former UFC HW Champ and Olympic wrestler Mark Coleman would creeeeeaaam any kicker with no ground game like CC. Oh wait...

Oh wait... Are you seriously comparing Chuck Norris to Cro Cop? First off.. he hasn't had any Vale Tudo or MMA fights.... secondly he was a middle weight I believe.. he was the champion in non-contact Karate. How is that good preparation for MMA? He was mainly an actor and mostly did martial arts we would today consider inferior to BJJ, MT, Judo, Boxing, Wrestling etc.
sakurabaforever
9/16/07 11:12:01PM

Posted by Stickan
Oh wait... Are you seriously comparing Chuck Norris to Cro Cop? First off.. he hasn't had any Vale Tudo or MMA fights.... secondly he was a middle weight I believe.. he was the champion in non-contact Karate. How is that good preparation for MMA? He was mainly an actor and mostly did martial arts we would today consider inferior to BJJ, MT, Judo, Boxing, Wrestling etc.

Are you serious?

Yes, he was middleweight, but are you saying because he was a middleweight he wouldn't have KO power in his legs to knock out a HW? At MW he would be much faster then any wrestler and run circles around them kicking them in the head. And they would fall down...fast.

Where did you hear the rubbish about non-contact Karate?
Norris was WORLD MIDDLEWEIGHT FULL-CONTACT KARATE CHAMPION.

And what nonsense are you talking about him being "mostly an actor". He is recognized as one of the greatest Karate fighters OF ALL TIME, and retired after achieving all there was to achieve in the Karate world at the time. THEN he started acting, why not, he was a highly regarded martial artist and made the most of it.

And once again the styles argument. Its the man not the style. Norris practiced primarily Korean martial arts (Tang Soo Do originally), and they are quiet deadly when used by a skilled practitioner. Just because someone practices "MMA" doesn't mean they can beat someone who has spent their life mastering one martial art (like Norris in his prime). In fact it means they are not greatly skilled in any one area because they focus on too many. Norris spent his life kicking people who came at him. Randy practiced wrestling for most of his. He wouldn't have gotten a chance to use it.

Damn...sometimes I just don't know why people post such ignorance...use the internet damn it, your already on it!
Rush
9/16/07 11:31:21PM
Before I answer, is pulling chest hair allowed in this match?
jnjjacob
9/17/07 4:47:21PM

Posted by Conartist

Chuck actually has a BJJ black belt from the Machado brothers. I was watching some old Walker episodes the other day and there was one time he did an armbar and another time he did a guillotine choke.

I'm pretty sure performing an armbar and guillotine choke on a tv show is a little different than performing in the octagon.

Randy wins - no doubt.
sakurabaforever
9/17/07 7:59:21PM

Posted by jnjjacob

Posted by Conartist

I'm pretty sure performing an armbar and guillotine choke on a tv show is a little different than performing in the octagon.

Randy wins - no doubt.

Did you not read the first sentence?

If you say "no doubt" then you obviously have not seen MMA the past few months. Besides, I could just as easily say Norris wins no doubt (in his prime of course). But IF (and that is huge) Randy can get Chuck down, it would be over. But Norris has the edge because in order for Randy to get him down he has to move in, and Norris would pick him apart.
jnjjacob
9/18/07 2:51:51PM
Didn't mean to step on your toes Sakuraba.
Just trying to make a point that there is a difference between tv shows and reality.
I agree Chuck has the stand up advantage, and Randy has the ground advantage.
sakurabaforever
9/18/07 8:03:13PM
Stating intelligent opinions like you just did is not stepping on toes. Good assessment, I agree, and stated that in the first post.

And if I only saw Norris from Walker, I would bet on Couture. I don't think I've ever seen Chuck impressive on screen. But his real martial arts accomplishments speak for themselves.
Conartist
9/19/07 3:25:29PM

Posted by jnjjacob

Posted by Conartist

Randy wins - no doubt.

I'm not saying the TV show has much proof for winning over Randy. I'm just saying he has the solid BJJ background.
TNunley
9/21/07 12:25:50PM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by grappler0000

Beware the CC nuthuggers are here
MattHughes
9/22/07 7:01:52PM
Couture would win with the fastest KO in MMA history.
sakusback3
9/23/07 12:23:41PM
How many KOs does Couture have?

Thats right, none. (except getting KOd)