Who would win: Couture / Vera

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who would win: Couture / Vera
pv3Hpv3p
3/16/07 4:46:52PM
I know Brandon is probably leaving the UFC for EXC, but if he stayed, and resigned I think that this would actually be a great fight...

You guys think that Randy would mow 'im over? Or do you think it would be competetive?

I'd take Randy TKO, 4th round...
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/16/07 6:54:38PM
I got Randy by GnP
papercut
3/16/07 6:58:01PM
I would take Randy also with G&P
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/16/07 6:59:58PM

Posted by papercut

I would take Randy also with G&P

You dear sir get props!
FedorIsTheBest
3/18/07 1:11:55AM
Randy all the way!

Captain America by dismemberment!
hathcock32
3/18/07 1:14:43AM
I really wish they would of let Vera if indeed this is his last fight in the UFC to take on Cro Cop. Although if Very somehow beat him...that would be really really bad for the UFC. However, if the result is what i think it would have been Cro Cop leg to the head KO. Although i would love to see Randy kick his ass 2
hippysmacker
3/18/07 12:37:59PM
Randy said they rolled together and Vera was very good on the ground. Still, I think Randy by UD.
loller90278
3/18/07 2:30:18PM
vera by split decision or 3R ko
somethingclever
3/18/07 6:41:21PM
Vera is so stupid to leave. I mean who is he gonna fight over in Elite? If he has any desire whatsoever to fight top competition at HW or LHW he has to stick with the UFC or head over to Pride.

Personally I think alot of the fault lies with the UFC for being to damn stingy to pay him enough to stay. The UFC is basically printing thier own money at this point and Vera is a quality contender for LHW or HW and these are two divisions in which there is relatively little depth (compared to say WW).
Lay_N_Pray
3/18/07 6:51:09PM
Good matchup...but Randy wins by pure will and heart

Vera is one of the most gifted athletes and has good skill, but not seasoned. Skills are not just learned in a class, they are developed through experience and Randy would just come out with a better gameplan and probably win in a war that goes to the judges.

Randy by unanimous decision
Ydoc
3/18/07 7:16:37PM

Posted by hathcock32

I really wish they would of let Vera if indeed this is his last fight in the UFC to take on Cro Cop. Although if Very somehow beat him...that would be really really bad for the UFC. However, if the result is what i think it would have been Cro Cop leg to the head KO. Although i would love to see Randy kick his ass 2

That's why you'd have him fight the loser of Randy vs. CroCop, so you can always say he didn't beat the champ if he managed to win, but then again either of the two could take him to school.
jdubs
3/18/07 8:38:59PM
vera by 1st round ko
wkm311
3/18/07 10:04:30PM
Couture by GnP in the 3rd round. Though I think it would be a competitive fight...
poll77
3/19/07 9:05:21AM
im surprised more people didn't say vera, seems like a lot of people are on his nuts lately...i'm taking couture either way i wanted to be the first to say it but i guess im too late
xthe_scottx
3/20/07 12:48:40AM

Posted by poll77

im surprised more people didn't say vera...

Very true. Vera has good striking that i think is better than Couture's (although this could easily not be true after seeing Randy drop Sylvia in the 1st round) and Vera is very comfortable on his back which is probably where Randy would want the fight to go. I still have to give the fight to Couture though via Unanimous Decision
AchillesHeel
3/20/07 12:17:22PM

Posted by somethingclever

Vera is so stupid to leave.

I don't know how much the UFC was offering him, but yeah. I think he could have cracked the Top-10 at Heavyweight in a year or two, and would have become a big fan-favorite. If he'd signed a 3-fight deal, he could probably have signed a bigger one in a year.