Who would win if Bobby Southworth and Stephan Bonnar fought again?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who would win if Bobby Southworth and Stephan Bonnar fought again?
ricoj3323
9/17/08 3:57:22AM
I was just curious because after I watched the marathon this past weekend of the very first T.U.F and I saw the bonnar and southworth fight which was controversial, which to think about it if southworth won that fight then the whole griffin and bonnar fight which changed MMA would have never happened.

I would say Bonnar would win the second battle without any questions because hes improved so much since then

who do you think would win a second battle
haggiswashere
9/17/08 4:08:12AM
it would have been cool if you did one of those poll questions. I think Bonnar would win.
Aether
9/17/08 7:10:27AM
When you think about it the stars really aligned perfectly for MMA on this show. So many things happened that nearly de-railed the now famous finale fight between Forrest and Stephan. Not only did Bonnar take a close/controversial decision, but Forrest was almost prevented from fighting late in the show. You have to wonder what MMA would look like today if any of those things had happened differently.

I still think the show itself would have created enough interest to keep the sport growing, but I don't think it would've skyrocketed in popularity the way that it did. A lot of good luck came together for the UFC and it's fans.
bullettdodger
9/17/08 10:52:50AM
Well seeing how no one has really heard or seen of Bobby Southworth in the mma world since then, i would say Bonnar would win the rematch based on who knows if Southworth is still training. I don't know about you guys but i found him to be quite unimpressive on the show . So i guess im saying Bonnar RD 1 KO FTW!
Twenty20Dollars
9/17/08 10:54:37AM
Bobby is the strikeforce LHW champ, but is only like 9-3 or 9-5.

Bonnar would just totally dominate bobby.
mrkennedy
9/17/08 11:12:01AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Bobby is the strikeforce LHW champ, but is only like 9-3 or 9-5.

Bonnar would just totally dominate bobby.

9-5
MMA
9/17/08 11:19:20AM
Bonnar would actually be a good fighter if he actually followed a gameplan. The dude likes to brawl too much and forget he's a BJJ blackbelt.
bullettdodger
9/17/08 12:40:44PM
Knowledge has been dropped on me :D
coldchillin
9/17/08 2:30:13PM
Southworth actually hasn't looked bad in any of his fight recently... I say the fight would probably go the same. It would still be a close fight, Southworth won the first fight to me but I would have to give Bonnar a slight advantage because he has been fighting stronger competition since their first fight. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Southworth was to win though.
InSearchofSunrise
9/17/08 3:26:31PM
Bonner easily. Way better talent.
Stills79
9/17/08 5:02:21PM
We will never see the fight in the UFC because Dana hates Bobby because he disrespected him after the fight with Bonnar. Bobby f'd up real good.
sparky
9/17/08 7:16:03PM
Bonnar would win the rematch no questions. But Bobby is still training he is the champ at strikeforce so the fact that people didnt know he was training still is questionable no disrespect. Like he was just supposed to fight Renato Sobral "Babalu" before he injured himself in training. Bobby is a tough opponent but yes Bonnar would come out on top this time unanimously too iI think.
tooly236
9/17/08 8:24:47PM
Bonnar would crush him, Forrest and Bonnar have came leaps and bounds since TUF. Southworth has just fought weak competition and eaten a bunch of fried chicken.
metaray
10/12/08 2:21:03PM
Bonnar.
haggiswashere
10/12/08 2:23:27PM

Posted by tooly236

Bonnar would crush him, Forrest and Bonnar have came leaps and bounds since TUF. Southworth has just fought weak competition and eaten a bunch of fried chicken.

weak competition? they could take almost all of us keyboard warriors.... maybe lesser opponants but not "weak"