Who will win Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira of Cheick Kongo?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who will win Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira of Cheick Kongo?
POLL: Who will win Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira of Cheick Kongo?
Cheick Kongo 15% (9)
Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira 85% (52)
Draw 0% (0)
The_Grim_Reaper
9/28/07 3:18:27PM
Who will win Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira of Cheick Kongo?
buckndro
9/28/07 3:50:18PM
well i like both here but big nog has way more to bring to the fight then kongo if they keep it a standing match then kongo would have better chance other then that i would say big nog cant wait to see this happen
TOMMYAYO05
9/28/07 4:18:52PM
I would definetley pick nog,kongo didnt look that good in his last fight.Crocop just looked alot worse.
DJDark41
9/28/07 4:34:32PM
I think Minotauro would win, but this is one of those fights where I could really picture it going either way. I'm sure that Kongo would be able to get in his fair share of strikes on the feet, but as soon as Minotauro takes him down it would pretty much be all over.
richieb19
9/28/07 4:54:40PM
I thought Nog was fighting Mir?
mrsmiley
9/28/07 5:24:26PM
Kongo wins in round 2 by tko.
CrackerFace85
9/28/07 6:03:56PM
i think kongo is getting better every time he fights , he was a little slow with cro cop , but who isnt, minotauro is a stud too but kongo has the stamina to go all three and will win by judges unaminus des.
originalconspiracy
9/28/07 6:23:21PM

Posted by mrsmiley

couldnt have said it better
HulkRage
9/28/07 6:35:15PM
I would say Big Nog, but he has not impressed me thus far in the UFC, maybe this fight will be the fight he shows the real Minotauro.
I would rather see Mir vs Big Nog than Kongo.
MaxUFC
9/28/07 10:29:32PM
Big Nog will do takedown and sub Kongo out in 3rd.
puppetmaster837
9/28/07 11:09:35PM
Nog. In Cheicks fight against Carmelo Marrero he showed that he has no ground game, it could have improved by that fight but there is no way that it improved to the point where he would be able to hold his own against Nog.
scobac
9/28/07 11:47:21PM
Scott_Revels
9/29/07 12:10:42AM

Posted by HulkRage

I would say Big Nog, but he has not impressed me thus far in the UFC, maybe this fight will be the fight he shows the real Minotauro.
I would rather see Mir vs Big Nog than Kongo.

They should have Mir vs Cro Cop, and keep Nog vs Kongo. We'll see Nog push Kongo down the list of the top ten, and hopefully see either the return of Cro Cop, or the reemergence of Mir.
GTS
9/29/07 3:18:21AM
ill go for nogueira cuz in the last fight between kongo and cro cop all he did was clintch and knees.
We_Todd_Did
9/29/07 5:35:21AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Somehow, I find this highly unlikely.

Far better fighters than Kongo haven't been able to ko,tko, or even finish Nog.

In fact, noone has.
Mastodon2
9/29/07 9:07:40AM
Even against Cro Cop, Kongo just looked poor on the ground. Nogueira ain't gonna be having none of that, he is gonna take Kongo down and submit him. Kongo's win over Cro Cop doesn't make Kongo a beast, it was more down to unfortunate rib breakage on Cro Cop's part. Nogueira by round 1 submission.
mrsmiley
9/29/07 9:45:15AM

Posted by We_Todd_Did

Posted by mrsmiley

In fact, noone has.

In most cases I would have said Nog.

But considering I thought CC was going to take Gonzaga and Kongo kind of made me change my mind.Plus on top of the case is Forrest deystroying Shogun.
Don't get me wrong,I'm rooting for Nog,but with the way things are going I say Kongo takes this.If it would have been Kongo,instead of Herring who threw that head kick,he would have been able to capitalize on the situation and have taken out Nog.I see Nog trying to stand too long with Kongo because of the fact he does have a strong chin.I think this will be his downfall in this fight.He will keep the pace too slow and Kongo will win round one on the judges favor.

I say the best case scenario for Nog is he loses on a unanimous decision.While Nog has good standup and is excellent on the ground,Most his ground fighting is defensive.I don't see Nog going for the takedown,full mount,and pounding his way to victory.I think he's only going to go their if Kongo is willing.Nog has foughten fast pace fights in the past,but only if he is pushed into it.I see Kongo fighting cautiously,picking his shots and gaining the victory.

For Nog to win he has to keep this fight on the ground and he has to stay on top,or submit Kongo.If Nog makes his fight from the guard he better take Kongo out or I believe the judges are going to give Kongo the win.
cmill21
9/29/07 1:13:25PM
Kongo has a suspect chin, if you look at his fight against Yvel he takes what doesn't look like that great of a shot and he's out.
ChokeUout
9/29/07 7:47:56PM
Yeah, I thought the reports are Frank Mir against Nogueira?

Kongo would get killed by nogueira. First round submission by Noguieria, IF, IF this fight happens
Khaos
10/2/07 4:42:33PM
Nogueira by descision or 2nd round submission
Pitbull09
10/2/07 6:35:27PM
This is a sure fight for a debuting Pride fighter. I give Kongo a punchers chance in winning. Big Nog is more experienced on the ground than Kongo (Who isnt) and i think he will outmatch him standing just as well.
Southpaw82
10/24/07 2:27:48AM
The only thing is..........................

KONGO HAS NOOOOOOOOOO GROUND GAME !!!

Nog would demolish this guy if it went to the ground, and that's Nog's bread n' butter. Nog = Rd 2, Armbar.
Fanboy 1988
10/24/07 11:38:54AM
Kongo by KO.
warglory
10/24/07 4:15:52PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by We_Todd_Did

Posted by mrsmiley

In fact, noone has.

In most cases I would have said Nog.

But considering I thought CC was going to take Gonzaga and Kongo kind of made me change my mind.Plus on top of the case is Forrest deystroying Shogun.
Don't get me wrong,I'm rooting for Nog,but with the way things are going I say Kongo takes this.If it would have been Kongo,instead of Herring who threw that head kick,he would have been able to capitalize on the situation and have taken out Nog.I see Nog trying to stand too long with Kongo because of the fact he does have a strong chin.I think this will be his downfall in this fight.He will keep the pace too slow and Kongo will win round one on the judges favor.

I say the best case scenario for Nog is he loses on a unanimous decision.While Nog has good standup and is excellent on the ground,Most his ground fighting is defensive.I don't see Nog going for the takedown,full mount,and pounding his way to victory.I think he's only going to go their if Kongo is willing.Nog has foughten fast pace fights in the past,but only if he is pushed into it.I see Kongo fighting cautiously,picking his shots and gaining the victory.

For Nog to win he has to keep this fight on the ground and he has to stay on top,or submit Kongo.If Nog makes his fight from the guard he better take Kongo out or I believe the judges are going to give Kongo the win.

Props to you for recognizing this man. Despite all that has happened this year, people are still ardent that their heroes will eliminate opponents without acknowledging the threat against them. Cheick is a top striker of which I don't think Nog can handle. I think that Nog's best bet is to quickly take it to the ground, but as you said, I also think he will attempt to stand with Kongo. I am torn about who I would go with on this one.
kofranklin
10/24/07 5:13:28PM
Nogueira will win by SUB.
NatedawgThaM
10/24/07 8:20:24PM
If this still is happening I think the 1st round will be even because Kongo can hold him off but I think in the second it goes to the ground and Big Nog submits him.