« Previous Page
POLL: who will win Lesner or Mir
Mir-submission 53% (42)
lesner-tko 37% (29)
Mir-tko 6% (5)
lesner-submission 4% (3)
KYGUY07
11/7/07 8:10:50AM
mir's got some good wrestling but hes still not brock lesnar i think lesnar is gonna be to strong for mir, he will pick him up and dump him on his head.
jgtribbett
11/7/07 8:46:15AM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Lesnar is faster, stronger, better striker, better wrestler. If he is truthful about his word that he's trained JJ before I doubt he gets submitted by a basic submission like armbar, kneebar, traingle, chokehold ect. I think he overpowers him by taking/slamming/tackling Mir down and pounding on him for either a late round stoppage or a Unanimous Decision for Lesnar by GNP..

how can you say that Lesnar is faster , stronger, better striker, better wrestler than Mir ???

the guy is 1-0 in MMA and his win was against Min Soo Kim 4-6 record !!

it is not WWE here, it is MMA and he will realize that a real punch and a real sub is very painful !!!

go Mir !! LOL

he may not be a better grappler.. but he is a better wrestler.. i can promise you that
JBatch
11/7/07 12:51:25PM
Mir will win in the third by submission. I just think Lesnar is overmatched for his first fight in the UFC. Mir won't be able to submit him early due to the insane power Lesnar has but after some time of constantly fighting off submission holds Lesnar will tire and either give up a sub or just fall victim to the more experienced Mir.
Hurricane_Brad
11/7/07 12:54:06PM
I think Mir will take this fight by sub not long after it hits the ground. Lesnar may have trained with the best, but AFAIK he has no competitive submission grappling experience, and he only has 1 professional MMA fight. Mir is a very slick grappler and no pushover. I think Lesnar will get caught.
themmadigest
11/7/07 11:39:39PM
Brock definitely has a good chance to win, but I think in the end experience will come into play and a big advantage in BJJ for Mir too.
Djbb
11/8/07 12:15:03AM
This is going to make me unpopular, but right now I'm leaning towards Lesnar for several reasons. First being his WWE training. Yes, that sounds ridiculous, but "pro wrestlers" are trained how to take hard slams with minimal damage. It may be a 'fake' sport but you definately can't fake falling off ladders and being powerbombed through tables without some sort of training on how to properly take a fall. I think this sort of training will come into play if Frank Mir attempts any sort of takedown/slam on Lesnar. Secondly, Lesnar obviously has the upperhand in the power department. That may not account for much, but when you take his agility and athleticism into consideration, he could be a potentially dangerous guy in the octagon. Lastly, his NFL experience, although brief, could also be a deciding factor. He sacked the **** out of the Kansas City Chief's quarterback. Literally nearly broke the guy in half. He could very well shoot for a takedown and drive Frank Mir straight through the cage.

Edit: Oh, and lets not forget his college wrestling career. From Wikipedia:

"Lesnar wrestled at Webster High School in Webster, South Dakota where he managed to have a 33-0 record in his senior year and also played football.[5] Lesnar later attended the University of Minnesota on a full wrestling scholarship; his roommate was Shelton Benjamin who also served as Lesnar's assistant coach.[6] Lesnar won the 2000 NCAA wrestling championship as a heavyweight after placing second in 1999. Prior to joining the Minnesota Golden Gophers, Lesnar also wrestled at Bismarck State College in Bismarck, North Dakota, where he won the 1998 NJCAA wrestling championship.[3] Lesnar finished his amateur career as a four-time all-American, two-time Big-Ten Champion, and a two-time College National Champion with a record of 106-5 overall in four years of college."

Tell me thats not scary as ****.
NatedawgThaM
11/8/07 1:52:26AM

Posted by puppetmaster837

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Lesnar is faster, stronger, better striker, better wrestler. If he is truthful about his word that he's trained JJ before I doubt he gets submitted by a basic submission like armbar, kneebar, traingle, chokehold ect. I think he overpowers him by taking/slamming/tackling Mir down and pounding on him for either a late round stoppage or a Unanimous Decision for Lesnar by GNP..

You think that people that practice jiu jitsu cant get caught in armbars or triangles? That is ridiculous. I was trying to come up with a good example of a jiu jitsu practitioner gettting submitted but then i realized that doesnt even need justification. Mir has really good submissions. If you have seen his fights he transitions from one to another so good and he will submit Lesnar.

I've watched Lesnar in WWE and I've seen him train. He's freakin beast of an athlete. He tryed out for the NFL Vikings so you know he's a freakin monster natural born athlete. You have to be one of the strongest and quickest big man to be a Defensive Tackle. The only reason he didn't make it was lack of football experience and they feared it would take him too long to learn the system.

He's a better wrestler with his college resume being all the proof you need there. Plus he just found out he's facing Mir so you know he's training Harder in JJ so I doubt he gets caught in something simple. I think he will Take Mir down and I think he's a better striker. I think He wins a UD by GNP or maybe catch Mir with a KO punch because Mir might underestimate his hands.

I just think Mir is past his prime and will never be as good as he once was. Look who he just beat. Antoni Hardonk. Who has he beat? Isn't he winless in the UFC? No talent there. He beat a nobody so I ain't jumping on his band wagon just yet. I think this is the ultimate test for both men. Can Mir prove that he beat Hardonk with skill and not becuase of lack of talent on Hardonk's part by beating Lesnar? Can Lesnar prove hes here to stay by beating a former HW champion?

I am really looking forward to this fight...
Pages: 1 [2]