Next Page »
POLL: who will win Lesner or Mir
Mir-submission 53% (42)
lesner-tko 37% (29)
Mir-tko 6% (5)
lesner-submission 4% (3)
Violence108
11/5/07 8:54:22PM
ufc have confirmed that Brock Lesner will fight Frank Mir on the UFC 81 card in Feb.
edge0125
11/5/07 8:59:35PM
i like Brock; but i think hes going to get destroyed in this fight
ohiostate1016
11/5/07 9:06:36PM
Wow. It looks like they want to put Brock on the fast track to the UFC title. At this rate, he'll get a title shot by his 4th fight (assuming he wins).

I like this matchup, but it could potentially be a boring one. Both guys are going to look to take it to the ground. It'll be interesting to see which guy trys to avoid the takedown, becuase that is usually a sign that he thinks he is outmatched on the ground. My money is on Brock. I think he'll try to stand with Mir. Still, I think that Brock will win this one. It will probably be via a decision.
kevietre
11/5/07 9:07:28PM
Brock ground and pound or Mir sub both in the first round. It's a toss up.

We will find out FEB. 2nd Great fight im looking forward to this a lot.
MALICE
11/5/07 9:23:04PM
Gotta go Mir by sub in the 1st. And if it does go this way, I will not judge Lesnar by it. Many inexperienced fighters lose by submission, more than anything else. It just takes experience in the cage, or ring, to avoid these subs. I know Lesnar said he has been training JJ, so I guess we will see.
Trapt1nw0nder
11/5/07 9:29:46PM
Mir by knee to the face...or Mir Triangle Choke

If Mir comes in shape I dont see him losing to this rookie.......If Mir is in shape,I dont see Brock being able to GnP on him so easily..nor beating him standing......So if he is in shape Im sure he will outlast Brock no matter how good Brock does in training
NatedawgThaM
11/5/07 9:35:25PM
Lesnar is faster, stronger, better striker, better wrestler. If he is truthful about his word that he's trained JJ before I doubt he gets submitted by a basic submission like armbar, kneebar, traingle, chokehold ect. I think he overpowers him by taking/slamming/tackling Mir down and pounding on him for either a late round stoppage or a Unanimous Decision for Lesnar by GNP..
tuvok500
11/5/07 9:57:23PM
Mir by sub or even by KO if Lesnar want to exchange on his feet !!

tuvok500
11/5/07 10:03:14PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Lesnar is faster, stronger, better striker, better wrestler. If he is truthful about his word that he's trained JJ before I doubt he gets submitted by a basic submission like armbar, kneebar, traingle, chokehold ect. I think he overpowers him by taking/slamming/tackling Mir down and pounding on him for either a late round stoppage or a Unanimous Decision for Lesnar by GNP..

how can you say that Lesnar is faster , stronger, better striker, better wrestler than Mir ???

the guy is 1-0 in MMA and his win was against Min Soo Kim 4-6 record !!

it is not WWE here, it is MMA and he will realize that a real punch and a real sub is very painful !!!

go Mir !! LOL

Franklinfan47
11/5/07 10:10:25PM
Lesnar Baby!!
Twenty20Dollars
11/5/07 10:14:33PM
I doubt mir will get lesnar in a submission.

Im pulling for lesnar tko prolly second round, mir will get tired

Mir will try and finish it in the first and come out slow in the second. lesnar takes it to the ground and tko
puppetmaster837
11/5/07 10:18:10PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

You think that people that practice jiu jitsu cant get caught in armbars or triangles? That is ridiculous. I was trying to come up with a good example of a jiu jitsu practitioner gettting submitted but then i realized that doesnt even need justification. Mir has really good submissions. If you have seen his fights he transitions from one to another so good and he will submit Lesnar.
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/6/07 12:15:49AM
Size isint everything in mma (couture vs sylvia...) so yeah even if some people think that Brock might have a slight advantage on Mir on the standup... Mir has a huge one on Lesnar...brock ain't fast, now I think he's all talk n' hype but u never know he might surprise the world but none of the less... none of that's going on IMO. Mir will school him standing up feet and don't even get me started if it get's on the ground...wich it won't cause Mir rd 1 KO ooohh yeahhh
jgordon85
11/6/07 12:23:08AM
mir coming in shape to me means dropping down to light heavy or middleweight because he is a small small small heavyweight. he does not cut weight at all. he is still in transition i see him as a submission fighter only and do not think he has recovered from his accident. lensar seems like he is taking mma seriously. this is a test for both of them if they belong in the ufc. mir's last opponent was not the best. it is a test for both of them and i got lensnar. it seems that wrestling and elbows outmatches sick jits sometimes.
sleevey
11/6/07 12:37:03AM
I posted this earlier on a different thread Lesnar TKO round 3

1st and fore most as mentioned it will give Lesner much need credibilty amongst the new fan based audience with a win over Mir a former champ who has some big wins in his career and a name alot of fans are aware of Altough most knowledgeable fans know that Mir is not even close to what he used to be he is still a former champ and will carry that in every fight he is in ( even though he is a c level fighter). Even if Lesner does not win a good showing will let people know he can make it to the top with more traing and some more experiance. We all know Mir has not showed up in his fights since the accident there is training issue's and he never seems to be in shape. and as any casual fan can tell you cardio is huge in mma it really makes the difference in most fights just ask BJ or Hughes. Also he never seems to be there mentally. IMO I think Mir will gas early fighting such a big man and the hype will begin for Lesner.

Number 2 The UFC is really hurting for something in the HW division with Randy retired Fedor not fighting in the UFC it really is the weakest and IMO the worst division in the UFC the talent is no where near the level of any other division in the UFC. This fight means a boost in the average fans eye and Marketabilty for the UFC. This division now needs some type of excitement as well and Lesnar and Mir defiently know who to entertain the fans ( at least verbally).

3rd Mir fortay is BJJ and for well over a year Lesnar has been intensly training with some of the best. can he get caught in a sub yes anyone can and thats why they fight. Keep in mind I am not saying a year or so of MMA training is equal to 10 years of MMA training. I just don't see the fight breaking down like that. It will stay standing for a minute or two then we will see basicly a wrestling match where as Lesnar finally wears down an out of shape Mir and TKO's him early in the 3rd. Once that happens the best marketing team in sports unleash the hounds. If for some reason Lesnar gets caught it benifits the UFC even more they now have 2 HW to market. Not only the future of the HW they now have an instant tittle fight and they will have so many directions to go rather than just a washed up old champ and as well all know they are the kings in that aspect of selling fights to us the fans.

4th Due to the fact that The UFC lost some big investments in the HW division ie Crocop, Hearing, could not sign Fedor, Randy's suddenly retired and Vera's loss to a very unpopular and no marketabilty Timmy who do they have in that division I know Big Nog but again the newer fans don't really know of him and what he has done for the sport. If Mir does win it sets up an instant title fight with Nog that a the UFC will sell the man who just beat the next big thing will be marketed like no other all the WWE fans will pay to see Mir get dominated and I hate to sound like a broken record yet no orgination markets like the UFC and finally they will have the mirage of something decent in the HW division. and still keep the future alive with Lesnar by saying it was inexperiance and give him 3 or 4 fights against some c level competion letting him build his name back up. Not only that the WWE fans are very loyal they would pay to see the dude who beat there idol get beat.

If Dana and Silva wanted to really give Lesnar a fight they would never put him with a striker Mir does not have the power to KO Lesnar, However if he fought any average HW with some power and got caught then they lose the abilty to really markeet him to the Tuf and WWE fan base they are looking to get. A brutal KO will take more time for them to rebuild the future of that weight class. So why do they take that risk? Again these are just some basic observation of what the UFC has done over the past few years, They sign a nig name and match him against someone they should beat (at least on paper anyway) dispite all the crazy upsets this year. Yet even with a loss they have still been very sucessful at marketing the big names after losses. The winner of this fight is being groomed for a titlle shot as I said for MIr it would be his next fight if he were to win, for Lesnar it could be as early as 3 fights from now. Again this is just my take so as far as UFC is concerned they can't lose in this matchup. Btw I am no Lesnar nuthugger.
tuvok500
11/6/07 1:19:37AM

Posted by sleevey

I posted this earlier on a different thread Lesnar TKO round 3

1st and fore most as mentioned it will give Lesner much need credibilty amongst the new fan based audience with a win over Mir a former champ who has some big wins in his career and a name alot of fans are aware of Altough most knowledgeable fans know that Mir is not even close to what he used to be he is still a former champ and will carry that in every fight he is in ( even though he is a c level fighter). Even if Lesner does not win a good showing will let people know he can make it to the top with more traing and some more experiance. We all know Mir has not showed up in his fights since the accident there is training issue's and he never seems to be in shape. and as any casual fan can tell you cardio is huge in mma it really makes the difference in most fights just ask BJ or Hughes. Also he never seems to be there mentally. IMO I think Mir will gas early fighting such a big man and the hype will begin for Lesner.

Number 2 The UFC is really hurting for something in the HW division with Randy retired Fedor not fighting in the UFC it really is the weakest and IMO the worst division in the UFC the talent is no where near the level of any other division in the UFC. This fight means a boost in the average fans eye and Marketabilty for the UFC. This division now needs some type of excitement as well and Lesnar and Mir defiently know who to entertain the fans ( at least verbally).

3rd Mir fortay is BJJ and for well over a year Lesnar has been intensly training with some of the best. can he get caught in a sub yes anyone can and thats why they fight. Keep in mind I am not saying a year or so of MMA training is equal to 10 years of MMA training. I just don't see the fight breaking down like that. It will stay standing for a minute or two then we will see basicly a wrestling match where as Lesnar finally wears down an out of shape Mir and TKO's him early in the 3rd. Once that happens the best marketing team in sports unleash the hounds. If for some reason Lesnar gets caught it benifits the UFC even more they now have 2 HW to market. Not only the future of the HW they now have an instant tittle fight and they will have so many directions to go rather than just a washed up old champ and as well all know they are the kings in that aspect of selling fights to us the fans.

4th Due to the fact that The UFC lost some big investments in the HW division ie Crocop, Hearing, could not sign Fedor, Randy's suddenly retired and Vera's loss to a very unpopular and no marketabilty Timmy who do they have in that division I know Big Nog but again the newer fans don't really know of him and what he has done for the sport. If Mir does win it sets up an instant title fight with Nog that a the UFC will sell the man who just beat the next big thing will be marketed like no other all the WWE fans will pay to see Mir get dominated and I hate to sound like a broken record yet no orgination markets like the UFC and finally they will have the mirage of something decent in the HW division. and still keep the future alive with Lesnar by saying it was inexperiance and give him 3 or 4 fights against some c level competion letting him build his name back up. Not only that the WWE fans are very loyal they would pay to see the dude who beat there idol get beat.

If Dana and Silva wanted to really give Lesnar a fight they would never put him with a striker Mir does not have the power to KO Lesnar, However if he fought any average HW with some power and got caught then they lose the abilty to really markeet him to the Tuf and WWE fan base they are looking to get. A brutal KO will take more time for them to rebuild the future of that weight class. So why do they take that risk? Again these are just some basic observation of what the UFC has done over the past few years, They sign a nig name and match him against someone they should beat (at least on paper anyway) dispite all the crazy upsets this year. Yet even with a loss they have still been very sucessful at marketing the big names after losses. The winner of this fight is being groomed for a titlle shot as I said for MIr it would be his next fight if he were to win, for Lesnar it could be as early as 3 fights from now. Again this is just my take so as far as UFC is concerned they can't lose in this matchup. Btw I am no Lesnar nuthugger.

LOL !!!

Frank Mir a C level fighter ????

you are not very good to analize a situation man !!!

i will not try to dismantle your opinion but let me say that i desagree with 99.99% of what you say man , the 0.01% that i agree is " Lesnar nuthugger "

Mir's last fight was very good and he is now injuree free for the first time in a while since his accident.

MMA is about real fighting and not about WWE style of scripting joke that nobody what to see in UFC !!

TheHitmanTL
11/6/07 1:27:48AM
lesnar tko rd 2
HulkRage
11/6/07 1:44:46AM

Posted by kevietre

Brock ground and pound or Mir sub both in the first round. It's a toss up.

We will find out FEB. 2nd Great fight im looking forward to this a lot.

I could not agree more.
I would love to see Mir start to make a comeback and this be his starting block, but Lesner maybe too powerful for Mir to handle.
Blizzard
11/6/07 7:22:17AM
I am hoping for a Mir sub rd1.
cowcatcher
11/6/07 9:14:24AM
i like lesnar and the excitement he seems to be bringing with his arrival, but mir has a huge experience advantage and has a very good chance to catch lesnar in a sub. mir is a former champ with excelllent subs for a hw and lesnar is as physically gifted as any hw, but is very very green and this is a huge step up for him. honestly id like to see lesnar win and do so in spectacular fashion, but as of right now i think he has to be considered a pretty big underdog. heres to hoping this isnt a snoozer filled with blanketing, i have to admit im looking forward to seeing how good brock really is.
Aaronno9
11/6/07 9:21:45AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

How do you know hes a better striker?

Im interested to see how brock is going to cope in an active guard with mir attempting subs constantly (im pretty sure brock will beable to take him down without to much trouble) becouse in his last fight he was pretty much able to pound at will with no risk of getting subbed. Should be interesting, but i think itl come down to wether mir comes in shape, and wether brock has any sumbission defence. Im going to go with a 1st r sub for frank.
xchickox
11/6/07 11:24:45AM
the best thing about this fight is the picture or brock lesnar wrestling a shark on the fantasy picks section, genius

depending on brocks submission training i think lesnar by tko in rd 2
atlas777
11/6/07 1:55:02PM
Im going to have to go with brock in this fight mir has great submissions but lately his cardio has become quite a concern. Brock is a good athlete and he is terribly strong so submissions wont be easy to put on him. Im saying Brock by TKO in the 1st or 2nd not sure yet. IM not gonna count out mir though just becuase it is brocks first time in the octagon so there could be the ufc jitters, and you never know how easily he can cut to 265 we will see but im gonna stick with lesnar.
rabbit915
11/6/07 2:03:11PM
I dont like lesnar but i think he will win by decesion. I think he has too much size,strength and wrestling experience for Mir to get a submission. I bet Lesnar just continues get takedowns and GNP for the win.

My only concern is that im not sure how good of a striker Lesnar is and he might be able to knock Mir out.
cmill21
11/6/07 2:40:45PM
Mir by Kimura.
Pitbull09
11/6/07 7:22:48PM
I wont feel bad at all when Mir sumbits or tkos brock. See if you can run your mouth in the cage against a former ufc champ.
Lay_N_Pray
11/6/07 7:26:11PM
I'm really excited to see Lesnar get in the cage because of his starpower and the aura that people get from him. It will be electric and one of the highest selling UFC PPV's of all time and I am just really excited for the UFC cause of the exposure this will get.

The atmosphere will be great.

With that being said...Lesnar better hope Mir has to pull out due to injury or something, because Brock is to inexperienced and Mir is a straight up bad, bad man. When Mir is on, he can be devestating on the ground and even the feet.

I'm so excited for this fight and I have little doubt in my mind Mir will take this. Frank will reemerge as a superstar of the division.
Djbb
11/6/07 9:14:41PM
My prediction:

1st round - Some basic grappling and ground wrestling, Mir going for a standing rear-naked choke (only way to take down a big guy like Lesnar) but Lesnar not tapping as round ends

2nd round - Circling around eachother waiting for someone to make a move, Lesnar shoots for a takedown and succeeds but Frank manages to escape and get back to his feet. Some more circling, round ends.

3rd round: Lesnar grabs a steel chair and cracks Frank over the head with it, then proceeds to F-5 him onto the steel chair. Big John calls for DQ as Lesnar climbs the octagon and delivers a shooting star press to an unconscious Frank Mir. WWE fans collectively mark out and shit themselves.

Winner: Frank Mir by DQ.
TheLegend
11/6/07 10:27:36PM

Posted by jgordon85

mir coming in shape to me means dropping down to light heavy or middleweight because he is a small small small heavyweight. he does not cut weight at all. he is still in transition i see him as a submission fighter only and do not think he has recovered from his accident. lensar seems like he is taking mma seriously. this is a test for both of them if they belong in the ufc. mir's last opponent was not the best. it is a test for both of them and i got lensnar. it seems that wrestling and elbows outmatches sick jits sometimes.

Mir could never make 205 even if he is in shape, when he is in shape he is around 240-250. I have Mir by Shoulderlock in the 1st minute
kevietre
11/6/07 10:50:57PM
After UFC 61 Mir's gut was hanging out and he gassed in the 2nd round.

After UFC 74 Mir easily and quickly submitted Hardonk and then said "I'm Back!"

Lesnar might be the one who get's the F5
Pages: [1] 2