Who would win - Mac Danzig vs. Manny Gamburyan

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who would win - Mac Danzig vs. Manny Gamburyan
ufc88
1/6/08 7:11:31AM
I see manny taking this fight. i think he would win a decision i dont think either of these guys would finish one another

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
Mastodon2
1/6/08 7:27:20AM
Mac Danzig. Manny is stout and aggressive, but Danzig is just far more cage savvy, everywhere Manny goes Danzig will be peppering him with shots and slamming elbows into his head and ribs. Danzig also has the additional bonus of not being out of the game due to injury.
xchickox
1/6/08 8:05:07AM
it would be a really close fight but i think Mac would win
vick_vega
1/6/08 11:21:23AM
Think about something. Let's use our brains here. I am a huge fan of both guys. Both are cool. And both are A level fighters. But let's think about something. Manny really won the lightweight compitition. Mac is a lightwieght but won the welterweight compitition. Do you think Manny would have been able to do that. I dont think so. Mac is craftier, has more expierience, has fought better guys, and I think after fighting a bunch of welterweights, he will have an easier time at lighweight. Manny is very good, but Mac is a guy that can be top 10, in there with the best lightweights in the world.
kofranklin
1/6/08 11:26:56AM
Danzig
madmarck
1/6/08 11:51:01AM

Posted by vick_vega

Think about something. Let's use our brains here. I am a huge fan of both guys. Both are cool. And both are A level fighters. But let's think about something. Manny really won the lightweight compitition. Mac is a lightwieght but won the welterweight compitition. Do you think Manny would have been able to do that. I dont think so. Mac is craftier, has more expierience, has fought better guys, and I think after fighting a bunch of welterweights, he will have an easier time at lighweight. Manny is very good, but Mac is a guy that can be top 10, in there with the best lightweights in the world.

I think Mac has showed that he can finish guys taht are much bigger than him. What happens when he has the size advantage? I think his TKD defense is really his one of his most over looked strengths. I say he beats Manny on the feet and they are even if the fight goes to the ground. Which will be decided by Mac.
Mac by TKO in the 2nd.
fullerene
1/6/08 12:43:55PM
Interesting fight. But can Manny beat Mac (or anyone) if he doesn't get the takedown? Probably not. Can he get the takedown on a guy who stuffed a guy like Tommy Speer? Probably not.

Manny has the kind of build that can usually absorba a lot of damage and I think he would end up doing exactly that on the way to a UD loss.
Aaronno9
1/6/08 1:07:35PM
Have to agree with the majority, i think mac would be just to good for manny. I cant see manny getting the takedown, and thats his only real chance unless he lands a huge shot and knocks mac out.
SpiderSilva
1/6/08 1:30:04PM
Man Mannys not getting any love he went throuh J Lau
Manny looks like he is mighty good
not just his last fight but on the show he ran through the comp just like Mac
Manny is going to be really good so is mac
Id go with Manny
Boo_Radley21
1/6/08 2:27:41PM
Manny for sure. Beat Lauzon, and I think Lauzon would destroy Danzig and amke him look amateur. Should have won ultimate fighter but got injured. He's just a beast and I have a feeling he would be able to pull this off if it ever happened.
Aaronno9
1/6/08 2:52:46PM
Dude, if you really think lauzon would destroy mac you really need to watch more of his fights! Admittedly itd be a tough pick, but nobody would be getting ran through in that fight.
jiujitsufreak74
1/6/08 3:04:37PM
i would really like to see Mac fight someone in LW before i make this pick. the WW that he defeated on the show were not that talented so imo it doesn't make sense to pick him based on him beating a few WW. manny has proven himself to be a vicious pitbull on the attack and has proven most of us wrong on his way up the LW division. i personally think he could have beaten nate had his shoulder not popped out, and his submission skills are very well versed. that being said mac is a seasoned veteren with an all-around game with decent hands and solid JJ. i don't think manny would be able to sub him but he may be able to get a decision. this would be a tough one for me to pick but if i had to choose i would lean more toward mac because i feel his style and skill are perfect to defeat manny although i see this fight going the distance. but who knows, manny may prove me wrong again if this happens.
Rush
1/6/08 3:12:17PM
I think this fight would be either guys fight and would go to decision.

Manny is a steamroller and it wouldn't take much for him to finish most LW if he got the dominant position. That being said, I have a feeling that once people figure out how to defend Manny's takedowns I think he'll end up like Karo.

I could be wrong, but then again, we haven't seen much of either fighter in the octagon. But I do know this, I would not compare Tommy Spear to Manny at this point in size or fighting style.
nickcuc547
1/6/08 4:48:34PM

Posted by vick_vega

good point but, in manny's defense tuf 5 was loaded with talent whereas tuf 6 was not, imo tuf 6 had the least talent of any season, it was very tough to come out of tuf 5, manny beat noah (easy), but he also beat matt wiman and joe lauzon which is a huge feat. mac beat kolosci twice (a really tough guy but not a ufc calibure fighter), scarola (i dont even have to say anything about him), and speer who is very raw still, much less polished than manny. now i think mac would win the fight because he is more well rounded but manny can most definately beat mac and i wouldnt be at all suprised if he did.