Wiman got screwed

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Wiman got screwed
Next Page »
SociopathX
4/19/09 1:32:39AM
uni decision in favor of sam snout? are you kidding me ? what a joke.
that fight cost me a 6 fighter 100 dollar to win 1000 dollar parlay on betus on top of it. terrible
State_Champ
4/19/09 1:42:44AM
Dude, I don't what fight you were watching but Sam Stout kicked Wiman's ass, man.
Tailgunner
4/19/09 1:52:45AM

Posted by State_Champ

Dude, I don't what fight you were watching but Sam Stout kicked Wiman's ass, man.

Yep, Stout picked him apart on the feet and almost finished him with that body shot in the second. Wiman was pretty out of it at the end of the second round and kept staring at the clock praying for the round to end.

Other than a few loopy rights and a couple of takedowns Wiman didn't do much damage until the last minute in the 3rd.
DevonFoxy
4/19/09 1:54:07AM

Posted by State_Champ

I dont know what fight your talking about man lol I saw Wiman land the harder more effective shots in the first and grind out the third giving him a 29/28 over stout. It was a close fight but I feel Wiman had a case to be upset.
kopower
4/19/09 2:15:31AM
I thought Wiman won round 1 and 3. I'll have to watch the fight again to make sure. Stout did do the most damage though but not enough to win a unanimous decision. Except for the second round I thought Wiman landed more shots and had takedowns to secure a decision win. Not the worst decision but a questionable one. Just my opinion
State_Champ
4/19/09 2:33:08AM
It's funny how every body saw the same fight and yet there are mutliple opinions, haha.

I now have a new appreciation for the job the judges are doing. (cuz I thought Stout won for sure)
Mayhem13
4/19/09 2:47:13AM
I had it Wiman 29-28, although the first was close...I thought Matt landed the better shots and got a takedown..2nd was all Stout...and 3rd was Matt for sure.
slapshot
4/19/09 3:04:54AM

Posted by kopower

I thought Wiman won round 1 and 3. I'll have to watch the fight again to make sure. Stout did do the most damage though but not enough to win a unanimous decision. Except for the second round I thought Wiman landed more shots and had takedowns to secure a decision win. Not the worst decision but a questionable one. Just my opinion

Its not the worst decision Ive seen but its still not the right one. IMO it was not even close 29 to 28.

IMO we are reaching the point were Ive seen enough bad decisions that I feel the scoring system needs to be re-evaluated.
prozacnation1978
4/19/09 3:27:50AM
i had wiman winning that fight as well!!
i was shocked to see stout win that fight
Tailgunner
4/19/09 3:47:53AM

Posted by kopower

I am watching the fight again and I think you are right about Wiman winning the first. The third was real close, I think Wiman did actually win it!

Watching it again Wiman definitely had more takedowns and sub attempts. If I had bet on Wiman I'd be pissed as well.

Ignore my first post.
Pookie
4/19/09 4:13:33AM
I gave wiman the first round and the third, he was constantly active when he was grappling with him and i feel controlled far more of those rounds than stout did.

2nd was all stout though.
1daveufc
4/19/09 4:15:47AM
some one phone the police some one just been robed.it was wiman that was ripped of in that fight but he was always going to lose with sam being the home town boy.JOKE PURE JOKE
TheHitmanTL
4/19/09 4:19:59AM
well... i guess this means he should try to finish his opponents rather than let it go to a decisions
fizzle
4/19/09 4:52:17AM
wiman lost, i picked him and i was bitter about it too cause im a Stout fan for a long time... reagurdless of who landed more meaningful shots Stout did more CONSISTANT damage throughout all three rounds and controlled the majority of that fight, I give Wiman the fisrt round but even though he surged at the end of round three i didn't think it was enough to award him the entire round. All around i though Stout won the fight and was not surprised by the UD one bit.
postman
4/19/09 8:31:08AM
There where 4 of us watching that fight lastnight and we all thought Wiman won the fight.
bls1919
4/19/09 9:15:12AM
I had Stout winning the last 2 rounds. Wiman kinda blew his wad in the 1st. Got dominated in the second. The third was a close rnd but Stout did more damage and even though Wiman got him down......he did nothing from top position to steal it at the end. It was very close. If Wiman could have kept the pace from the 1st into the second i dont think Stout could have coped but he kinda gassed.
sparky
4/19/09 9:47:43AM
I personally thought Wiman won rounds 1 and 3!!!!!!
ajorton
4/19/09 10:27:32AM
I had Wiman winning 1 and 3 an I will tell you why.
In Round 1 Wiman through more and connected with more punches and was the aggressor. He had 2 takedowns on Stout and went for countless submission attempts.

In 3 no arguing about it that it was Wiman. Wiman got 2 takedowns and controlled was controlling Stout the entire round. Round 2 was defo Stout.
Franklinfan47
4/19/09 11:21:10AM
One of these threads has to show up after every event.

I though the fight could have easily gone either way imo, I thought for sure it was going to be a split decision. I agree the rounds 1 and 3 looked to me to be Wimans by a slight margin. I may be biased though because I picked Wiman.

Either way, it was a great fight
State_Champ
4/19/09 11:27:06AM
I think if one is watching the fight and judging by the proper criteria maybe the outcome seems different than if one just watched the whole fight without analyzing it and simply took it all in.

I don't know for sure, but I have noticed a lot of people giving very specific reason for why Wiman should've won and I thought Stout won but I'm just saying that from watching the fight without really looking too far into it.

I still think Stout won the fight.
P4P-Bettor
4/19/09 1:08:35PM
I also had Wiman winning rounds 1 and 3 with Stout winning decisively in rnd 2. I honestly hought it might be scored as a split decision for Wiman though not unanimous for Stout.
SociopathX
4/19/09 1:30:15PM
I agree... I had it rounds 1 and 3 going to Wiman. and 2nd rd going to Stout.

FROM NOW ON ALL FIGHTS THAT GO TO A DECISION SHOULD IGNORE THE CRAP JUDGES AND BE BASED OFF OF A POLL THE AUDIENCE. similar to that from Who wants to be a millionare show.

Every audience member at the event should have a clicker at their seat and should pick who they thought won. It's the only fair way. Dana White should put this into effect immediatley as I think this would honestly be more fair.
pdanke
4/19/09 1:55:25PM

Posted by SociopathX

I think this would honestly be more fair.

Drunk people are always known for their fairness and their judgment.

If that was the case, GSP would have been voted in as UFC Middleweight champion.

gartface
4/19/09 2:31:57PM
There were about 15 of us watching that fight...not one of us was pleased with the decision. Matt "Mountainman" Wiman won that fight.
Thefridge1337
4/19/09 2:36:01PM

Posted by SociopathX

I agree... I had it rounds 1 and 3 going to Wiman. and 2nd rd going to Stout.

FROM NOW ON ALL FIGHTS THAT GO TO A DECISION SHOULD IGNORE THE CRAP JUDGES AND BE BASED OFF OF A POLL THE AUDIENCE. similar to that from Who wants to be a millionare show.

Every audience member at the event should have a clicker at their seat and should pick who they thought won. It's the only fair way. Dana White should put this into effect immediatley as I think this would honestly be more fair.

if that was the case then the more popular fighter would always win not the actual winner of the fight
Aaronno9
4/19/09 2:37:35PM
I had Wiman winning rounds 1 and 3. Even though I picked Stout, I was pissed when I heard the decision. Wiman seems like one of the most commited guys in the sport at the moment, hes a totally differant fighter to the cocky guy who thought he could take anybody we saw vs Fisher and in TUF. I hope he gets straight back on the horse and picks up more wins soon.
nickcuc547
4/19/09 3:22:11PM

Posted by Tailgunner

Posted by State_Champ

Yep, Stout picked him apart on the feet and almost finished him with that body shot in the second. Wiman was pretty out of it at the end of the second round and kept staring at the clock praying for the round to end.

Other than a few loopy rights and a couple of takedowns Wiman didn't do much damage until the last minute in the 3rd.

ya in the second round all of this is true, but what about the first and third, definitely won by wiman, terrible decision i thought.
theguido
4/19/09 3:26:16PM

Posted by Pookie

I gave wiman the first round and the third, he was constantly active when he was grappling with him and i feel controlled far more of those rounds than stout did.

2nd was all stout though.

TRUE TRUE TRUE

I felt he stole the fight late in the 3rd
telnights
4/19/09 3:32:25PM
I had it 29-28 Wiman. I thought Wiman landed more strikes and scored the take down in the first. The 2nd was all Stout and the 3rd was all Wiman.
Tailgunner
4/19/09 5:07:03PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by Tailgunner

Posted by State_Champ

ya in the second round all of this is true, but what about the first and third, definitely won by wiman, terrible decision i thought.

After watching it again you will see I posted that I felt Wiman actually won the 1st and 3rd rounds. Wiman was the agressor and had more takedowns and sub attempts. I said ignore the first post that you quoted.
Pages: [1] 2