Wiman: With Age Comes Wisdom

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Wiman: With Age Comes Wisdom
MMAcca
12/1/08 1:23:26PM
By his own admission, lightweight prospect Matt Wiman did not make wise choices early in his career. Promoters liked his any time, any place attitude, but as his career began to take off, it didn’t serve him well.

“When I was younger, I would get in over my head, because I would just take any fight, any time and not even really prepare for it,” he said. “I was fighting guys with three times as many fights as me. I was taking fights on short notice. I was taking fights just to make a dollar and have a challenge.”

LINK
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
12/1/08 1:58:34PM
I have gone for Wiman in his last 4 fights and he hasnt let me down yet so I'm going for Wiman against Edgar
PaleHorse
12/1/08 2:31:57PM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

I have gone for Wiman in his last 4 fights and he hasnt let me down yet so I'm going for Wiman against Edgar

Im hoping that Wiman is going to send Frankie into the Featherweight Division where we can watch people like Matt Brown and Urijah Faber SMASH him, but it would take a decisive victory from Wiman to do that.
xAcidburNx
12/1/08 6:42:27PM
wimans my boy.ive been rootin for him since i saw him fight spencer fisher. (thought that flying knee was a bit of a cheep shot) to be honest im worried about him this time around. edgar has got really good wrestling and i see this fight goin to him by a long boring drawn out lay and pray UD. hopefully wiman proves me wrong. i still picked him for a second round finish.
MALICE
12/1/08 10:24:53PM

Posted by xAcidburNx
ive been rootin for him since i saw him fight spencer fisher. (thought that flying knee was a bit of a cheep shot)

By cheap shot, you must mean perfectly timed and executed sweet ass flying knee. It was a good lesson to Wiman. Quit showboating and keep your hands up.

to be honest im worried about him this time around. edgar has got really good wrestling and i see this fight goin to him by a long boring drawn out lay and pray UD. hopefully wiman proves me wrong. i still picked him for a second round finish.

I think you better reconsider. You're worried for a reason. Edgar is an awesome wrestler. He has outwrestled some top LW's, Franca and Griffin. It's going to happen again. Wiman is going to get overwhelmed by Edgar's far superior wrestling.
Rampage200
12/2/08 10:39:20AM
Love Wiman!!!