whos next for torres?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » whos next for torres?
zacatack
7/14/08 3:13:01PM
who will be next for MIguel Torres?
I dont see any body in the wec taking his belt.. but whos in line
for a title shot?
joshryanshepherd
7/14/08 3:33:21PM
I'd say since everyone in the UFC is changing classes, that Torres should move up and fight Urijah for his belt its only 10 lbs not like moving from MW up to LHW and jumping 20lbs. and i would take Torres to beat Faber
Twenty20Dollars
7/14/08 3:39:56PM
Manny Tapia(however you spell his last name) is suppose to be the next in line for torres because he was suppose to be torres's first title defense.
zacatack
7/14/08 3:50:55PM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

I'd say since everyone in the UFC is changing classes, that Torres should move up and fight Urijah for his belt its only 10 lbs not like moving from MW up to LHW and jumping 20lbs. and i would take Torres to beat Faber

yea that would be an awesome fight, wec needs to make it happen
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/14/08 4:36:52PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Manny Tapia(however you spell his last name) is suppose to be the next in line for torres because he was suppose to be torres's first title defense.

im confident tapia will be torres' next opponent
mrkennedy
7/17/08 12:40:02PM

yeah i confirmed
rabbit915
7/17/08 2:33:07PM
Unlike the FW division, the WEC has a lot of top talent at BW. In addition to Manny Tapia, i would also like to see him fightBrian Bowles and Will Ribiero.
pv3Hpv3p
7/17/08 6:28:19PM

Posted by mrkennedy

yeah i confirmed

Unfortunatley Tapia seems to have that injury bug

I'd really like to see a super fight with Faber, but maybe they want to let that one brew for a little longer
Mayhem13
7/17/08 10:09:08PM
I hope its Tapia, would be a good fight, but Torres would end up with the W
Quasar
7/18/08 12:36:26AM
My personal opinion is that he would beat Faber. I hope he takes that opportunity if it arrises.
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/18/08 1:48:31AM
I'm all for a rematch with Maeda as well. I'd say fight Manny Tapia first and have Maeda fight the winner of Bowles vs Page and set it up that way.
misses1112
7/18/08 8:54:23PM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

I'm all for a rematch with Maeda as well. I'd say fight Manny Tapia first and have Maeda fight the winner of Bowles vs Page and set it up that way.

oooo nice string of events, i'm all for it!!!
fedorwins1
7/18/08 10:16:10PM

Posted by misses1112

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

oooo nice string of events, i'm all for it!!!

That's a great idea, if anyone can take the belt away from Torres, I think it will be Page. He's so well rounded, and extremely fast, would be an amazing non-stop fight.