Whos do you want Junior dos Santos to fight next?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Whos do you want Junior dos Santos to fight next?
POLL: Whats next for him?
Heath Herring 25% (13)
Cain Velasquez 19% (10)
Shane Carwin 17% (9)
Jake O'Brien vs. Christian Wellisch(winner) 11% (6)
Cheick Kongo vs. Mustafa Al-Turk(winner) 23% (12)
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Josh Hendricks (winner) 6% (3)
mentalcase
10/26/08 12:54:41AM
Discuss
MMAcca
10/26/08 12:59:20AM
Maybe the winner of O'Brien/Wellisch, or somebody around that level will be a good test i think.
mentalcase
10/26/08 1:07:14AM

Posted by MMAcca

Maybe the winner of O'Brien/Wellisch, or somebody around that level will be a good test i think.

ok thanks for the reponse but can you also answer the poll 2 mouse clicks please 7 hits so far and no one votes WTF
Mchubb316
10/26/08 2:09:34AM
I would like to see him fight the winner of Kongo and Turk. I think Kongo will win the fight, and it gives us a chance to see how good Santos' striking really is.
higdon10
10/26/08 2:13:17AM
I would love to see him fight Shane Carwin.
GrandMaster313
10/26/08 2:16:57AM
Carwin I think is what Dana (actually isn't it Joe Silva?)will match him up against........ have to admmitt I was very disappointed in this fight !
warglory
10/26/08 2:24:19AM
I think Herring would be the perfect test for him. Heath is much better at stand up than Werdum is, and we'd get to see how Junior does when a veteran fighter puts on the pressure.
Rabi
10/26/08 9:43:33AM
I dont think they will put him against Valesquez or Carwin. I think Santos and those 2 i mentioned could be the future of the HW division in the UFC.

I would say the winner of Kongo v Al Turk.
MMAcca
10/26/08 10:56:02AM
What would be the point of feeding him to wolves already

Matching him up against Carwin or Cain would be ridiculous at this stage.

Dos Santos is a young guy with good hands who is learning BJJ with Minotauro, training with Blackhouse (the likes of Machida,A Silva, Big and Lil Nog) and could actually do something in this division if given the push he needs.
breakdown5
10/26/08 11:27:18AM
Definitely Herring. He's the HW gatekeeper IMO. If he gets past Herring, throw him to the dogs.

As a side note, I don't know what Werdum was thinking trying to trade shots with Santos. He should have gotten the fight down to the ground and he probably would have won. But this new Werdum thinks he's Mr. Chute Box and he paid for it last night. I'm just glad I put a feel better bet on Santos because I had a feeling that Werdum would keep it standing.
copcopps
10/26/08 11:48:34AM
winner of O'Brian/Welisch because I think Dos Santos would kill both of them
copcopps
10/26/08 12:20:06PM

Posted by breakdown5
Should have gotten the fight down to the ground and he probably would have won. But this new Werdum thinks he's Mr. Chute Box and he paid for it last night. I'm just glad I put a feel better bet on Santos because I had a feeling that Werdum would keep it standing.

Same here but I removed my money on it
Budgellism
10/26/08 12:44:31PM
Personally, I'd like to see him fight someone with a decent name but someone that will allow him to test his skills... I'd like to see him fight Gonzaga and see how he fairs against him

Dos Santos looks like he could have a great run in the ufc, he has an excellent camp and he's got natural talent... Build him up a little bit... Don't send him in with someone like Carwin, where he'll either beat an up and comer or he'll get knocked down a peg... The ufc needs some talented HW's, I say build him up and don't waste an opertunity here with him

He should fight either Gonzaga or maybe Herring.

I expect big things
jae_1833
10/26/08 1:34:40PM
I said Carwin.....Shane has beaten 2 low level guys in the UFC and needs to be tested, Dos Santos has beaten a supposedly top 10 guy in dynamic fashion and needs to not be completely fed to the dogs. These guys are on the same level IMO, just with different skill sets. I think Cain would also be a good pick as he needs some more fights under his belt before the bandwagon takes him for a ride he can't stay on. Just because some of these new guys have surprised us with dynamic wins lets not all jump the nutsack yet.....that's how you get Kimbowned!!!!!
mentalcase
10/26/08 3:46:12PM

Posted by Mchubb316

I would like to see him fight the winner of Kongo and Turk. I think Kongo will win the fight, and it gives us a chance to see how good Santos' striking really is.

agreed id like to see him fight a good stand up fighter too