whos the fav chuck or wandy!?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » whos the fav chuck or wandy!?
puppettamer
9/23/07 11:47:09PM
if the fought who would be the fav now with them both haveing back to back losses!?just curious of ur opinion say if they fought in dec
Djbb
9/23/07 11:50:58PM
I think in a small way Chuck will always be a bit of a fan favourite because despite his recent losses, you tend to hold your breath waiting for a vicious KO punch. Only problem is you might suffocate before it happens.
cmill21
9/23/07 11:53:29PM
Wand. Chuck holds his hands to low to beat strikers.
puppettamer
9/23/07 11:53:43PM
yeha but he looked terrible against jardine it just seemed he wasnt in the fight but gain wandys had long time to heal up and get heathly also i dunno wish this fight coulda happend in better circumstances
NatedawgThaM
9/23/07 11:59:33PM
Wandy most def...

He exposed Chucks weakness which is leg kicks to keep keep his power off balance and plus like I've always said people who fight chuck and lose are always too afraid of his punching power which I think is just a little overrated IMO, and Wandy ain't scared to go toe to toe with anybody so he'll give Chuck a really bad day...
Southpaw82
9/24/07 12:00:09AM
Wandy. I will always believe that after his transformation into the "Axe Murderer", aside from his Hendo loss, he can come out and put the stamp on Light Heavies. Chuck has the KO power, that is well known, and Wand has the same KO skill, and he's extremely fast. They both have a punchers chance, and their style is similar, but Wandy is more aggressive.

Wandy KO rd. 2 - 2:30 into the rd.
kevietre
9/24/07 12:24:05AM
I'd have to go with Wandy since he won't have the octagon nerves since he has already faught in the UFC and a cage before. Chuck didn't look like himself at 76 and can't defend leg kicks at all. If the fight ever happens I think the Iceman would be KO'd
cowcatcher
9/24/07 10:09:36AM
wandy would probably be the favorite as chuck has lost more recently while wandy has been inactive so his losses arent as fresh in peoples heads. im pretty sure the line would be close though as chuck is still the most well known fighter in the US.
kofranklin
9/24/07 11:45:48AM
I think wande would win. But it would still be a great fight.
TNunley
9/24/07 1:41:28PM

Posted by cmill21

Wand. Chuck holds his hands to low to beat strikers.

He holds his hands low because he's a counterpuncher. He wants you to punch at him.

I gotta say Chuck would be the favorite just because he's been Dana's "golden boy" for so long. It wouldn't be by much though.
TNunley
9/24/07 1:43:23PM

Posted by kevietre

I'd have to go with Wandy since he won't have the octagon nerves since he has already faught in the UFC and a cage before. Chuck didn't look like himself at 76 and can't defend leg kicks at all. If the fight ever happens I think the Iceman would be KO'd

I dunno, he defended them fairly well in the beginning. I just think Chuck beat Chuck. He seemed like he had tunnel vision the further the fight went. He was so worried about looking for a strike to KO Jardine, that he focused on nothing else. Jardine just played it out well.
loonytnt
9/24/07 3:31:06PM
i say wandy
Chuteboxer
9/24/07 4:24:08PM
Even before Chuck fought Jardine or Rampage a second time, i've always thought Wandy could beat him. I can't explain why; I just think that if Chuck did hurt Wandy, and they went to the mat with Chuck trying to finish him off, well, we all know that when Wandy's not completely out like he was with Hendo and CC that he can recover pretty quickly. Chuck would waste his strength on trying and be drained, and Wandy would be ready then to come at him with his own barrage of knockout punches. I'm not saying that's what would happen; it's always what I thought was a possibility though..