Whos the most dangerous fighter when focused?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Whos the most dangerous fighter when focused?
Next Page »
POLL: Fighters
Anderson Silva 29% (20)
Georges St. Pierre 35% (24)
BJ Penn 29% (20)
Randy Couture 3% (2)
Chuck Liddell 3% (2)
Taylor8766
5/10/08 2:05:37PM
Who do you think the most dangerous fighter is, when there focused and training to rip someones head off.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/10/08 2:07:05PM
GSP
teddythetuna
5/10/08 2:15:30PM
masodd
5/10/08 2:45:28PM
BJ Penn or Anderson Silva......its a close one but they are all animals when focused
mrsmiley
5/10/08 2:48:11PM
Kevin Randleman
loller90278
5/10/08 2:56:18PM
crocop
puppetmaster837
5/10/08 3:18:44PM
Anderson Silva
Jackelope
5/10/08 3:22:58PM
Fedor, Crocop, then BJ Penn in that order
wolfman
5/10/08 3:45:08PM
Out of that list, I'd say Anderson Silva or GSP. I would also add Cro Cop and Vitor Belfort.
juanez13
5/10/08 3:46:21PM
i wont include Fedor or anderson silva, since their mental game has always been one of their strenghts, and have never showed weakness in that aspect.

When 100% focused the most dangerous are Cro Cop (mental is his biggest weakness), GSP, and BJ penn.
wolfman
5/10/08 3:57:19PM

Posted by juanez13

i wont include Fedor or anderson silva, since their mental game has always been one of their strenghts, and have never showed weakness in that aspect.

When 100% focused the most dangerous are Cro Cop (mental is his biggest weakness), GSP, and BJ penn.

Good point, I picked Anderson Silva for how he has looked recently, but I also thought what you did and that is why I added GSP, Cro Cop and Vitor Belfort. When they are mentally focused and prepared they will virtually destroy whoever is in front of them.
Copenhagen
5/10/08 3:58:43PM

Posted by juanez13

I'm a huge CC fan, but I don't think mental is his biggest weakness (although it is one of them.) I also don't buy into the fact that he was fighting notably better competition in UFC. I think it has more to do with how the cage does not suit his style, whereas the ring completely compliments his striking. He will always be able to go and fight great in a ring, but until he switches up his style a bit, he will continue to have problems in the octagon (whether he is mentally prepared or not.)
candynuts
5/10/08 4:06:10PM
Ill nominate Vitor.
Mchubb316
5/10/08 4:09:12PM
Fedor, CC, Silva, BJ, GSP
Mastodon2
5/10/08 5:17:09PM
Cro Cop. When he considers winning his only option, he is unstoppable.
nickcuc547
5/10/08 5:36:45PM
bj, he has ko power with good technique as well as the best jiu jitsu in mma, most talented fighter in the world imo. gsp, silva and fedor are close but bj is the most dangerous.
ThaAxeMurderer7
5/11/08 4:18:57AM
Shogun. I know a lot of people may think I'm crazy but I do believe that if healthy and focused he is the best and most dangerous fighter. He's strong, aggressive, awesome jj and muay thai.
NatedawgThaM
5/11/08 4:47:18PM

I believe Frank Trigg said it best on one of the PRIDE FSN shows. "When Kevin Randleman is focused, I don't know a man in the world who can beat him." But when he's not he's as easy to beat as Ross Pointon.

but out of that list, you got to go BJ Penn, you saw how easily he took out Jens and how he made Joe call him, his daddy. He also dominated GSP until he gassed and when he's focused that cardio will be top notch and I think he could finish GSP in a rematch. The only person who can beat BJ at Welterweight or Lightweight is GSP by LNP and that's only because he has longer limbs. Nobody else can hang with him.
cmill21
5/11/08 5:57:08PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Cro Cop. When he considers winning his only option, he is unstoppable.

100% agree. How he looked in the 06 OWGP was rediculous. BJ Penn is also very tough to stop when he's 100%
papercut
5/11/08 6:27:10PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I believe Frank Trigg said it best on one of the PRIDE FSN shows. "When Kevin Randleman is focused, I don't know a man in the world who can beat him." But when he's not he's as easy to beat as Ross Pointon.

but out of that list, you got to go BJ Penn, you saw how easily he took out Jens and how he made Joe call him, his daddy. He also dominated GSP until he gassed and when he's focused that cardio will be top notch and I think he could finish GSP in a rematch. The only person who can beat BJ at Welterweight or Lightweight is GSP by LNP and that's only because he has longer limbs. Nobody else can hang with him.

100% both parts randleman and penn
fullerene
5/12/08 10:22:57AM
The problem I have with these threads is that they reward fighters with inconsitent performances like Cro-Cop, Belfort and Randleman over fighters who consistenly perform at a high level. When these guys lose to some of the best fighters in the world (2 each on that list have losses to Couture and Fedor for example) it's assumed by some people that they just lacked mental focus and would have won otherwise. I don't think so. The best fighters when focused are the best fighters, period. Fedor, Silva, GSP, Penn and Yamamoto are guys high on that list.
Aaronno9
5/12/08 10:39:33AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Shogun. I know a lot of people may think I'm crazy but I do believe that if healthy and focused he is the best and most dangerous fighter. He's strong, aggressive, awesome jj and muay thai.

holt8081
5/12/08 5:40:55PM
before or after he got KTFO by gonzaga
skinnator
5/12/08 7:55:17PM
why not Giant Gonzalez. The problem is he is never focused
throwmeahotone
6/4/08 12:28:47AM
Kalib Starnes Or Kimbo.
Pookie
6/4/08 1:17:21AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I think Bj has longer arms, his reach is only an inch shorter than gsp's but gsp has a way wider chest structure.
gartface
6/4/08 1:25:36AM
Wagner de Conceicao Martins or Eric Esch...

I take that back, the Techno Goliath.
casey64
6/4/08 7:22:02PM
GSP!!!!
Pitbull09
6/5/08 12:46:58AM
Randy and BJ

Couture lost his edge in LHW with personal issues but got it all together and got the HW title

Bj didnt take fighting serious as he should of but now is one of the best in the world (not that he wasnt before )
Ben_Hutch
6/25/08 10:05:05PM
Wanderlei
Pages: [1] 2