Whos has better high kicks ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Whos has better high kicks ?
« Previous Page
POLL: Who has the better high kicks ?
Mirki "Crocop" Filipovic 69% (31)
Peter " Lumberjack" Aerts 22% (10)
Other 9% (4)
warglory
7/16/07 7:51:17PM
Aert has some mean kicks, possibly the best I have seen (more powerful than Mirko's I think), but he doesn't have the best high kick as far as reach goes. I have noticed his strategy is a combo in which he lands several body punches and when the fighter is hunching over to defend, he lays them out with a kick to the head. Very effective I must say. However, I'd say that Andy Hug is the best high kick artist I have ever seen. The speed and fluidity of his kicks are quite impressive. Check this out:

ANDY HUG HL

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tb6BbwKiPHQ

It should also be noted that Andy Hug beat CroCop in K-1 competition.
LHK
7/16/07 8:31:02PM
Yes, Hug is a good candidate, one of the best ever, but pure power and explosiveness goes to Mirko. Hug relied too much on the axe kick (Mirko didn't even blink when he hit him with it). Hug had a lot of speed and fluidity, but lacked accuracy and raw power, whereas Mirko does not. Their fight was pretty even by the way, both had spurts of combinations that landed throughout the entire fight, but yeah Hug won. Hug also defeated Hoost which Mirko couldn't do, but once again, doesn't mean their high kicks are better.
warglory
7/16/07 9:23:36PM

Posted by LHK

Yes, Hug is a good candidate, one of the best ever, but pure power and explosiveness goes to Mirko. Hug relied too much on the axe kick (Mirko didn't even blink when he hit him with it). Hug had a lot of speed and fluidity, but lacked accuracy and raw power, whereas Mirko does not. Their fight was pretty even by the way, both had spurts of combinations that landed throughout the entire fight, but yeah Hug won. Hug also defeated Hoost which Mirko couldn't do, but once again, doesn't mean their high kicks are better.

Yes, I agree Hug isn't the most powerful kicker, but if he didn't KO people with his kicks, they were enough of a distraction for him to land some mean hooks to finish the job. I guess it's difficult to judge who has the best kicks considering there are multiple angles to look at. Speed and finess definitely go to Hug, but power and accuracy would probably go to Mirko.

And again, yes Aert is a human howitzer, but his high kicks were not as graceful as Hug and Mirko imo.
ultimatefighter33
7/16/07 9:28:41PM
dude mirko has the better high kick everyone knows that in all of mma
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
SteedTheDeed
7/17/07 1:03:33AM
Aerts usually is very impressive, lately he has gotten older and he gases much quicker. He is taller than cro cop so his legs get up their fast and it is ALL of the shin right across your face.
cmill21
7/17/07 1:12:45AM
I dunno when you see a guy that stands 6 '2 kick a guy that stands 6 '8 in the head it makes me think he possibly has the best kicks in mma. Not only does he have the best high kicks I think he has the best kicks period. He submitted yoshida via leg kicks, I'm sure wandy will testify to body kicks as will herring. Talking about Mirko Filipovic by the way lol.
LHK
7/17/07 1:28:54AM
Mirko is my favorite fighter and I don't like Hoost at all, but his low kicks are a lot better. He would have finished Yoshida with one. All other points I agree with. And yes, "overall" Mirko has the best kicks, Hoost's high kicks aren't that great, whereas all of Mirko's kicks are phenomenal.
Pages: 1 [2]