Whos has better high kicks ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Whos has better high kicks ?
Next Page »
POLL: Who has the better high kicks ?
Mirki "Crocop" Filipovic 69% (31)
Peter " Lumberjack" Aerts 22% (10)
Other 9% (4)
loller90278
1/19/07 3:34:53PM
Peter Aerts HL reel

Mirko Crocop HL reel

i hadn't heard much about peter aerts before, since i'm not a die-hard k-1 fan, but he looks very impressive!

Feel free to comment other headkickers..
i personally like the yvel vs goodridge headkick, my favorite

hippysmacker
1/19/07 3:57:10PM
haven't seen a lot of Aerts. Nice highlight reel though. Aerts may actually have better high kicks. Iid like to see them in a K-1 fight. I'd bet Cro-cop would win an MMa fight. He's been training ground with Werdum for a few years now, and is supposedlyu pretty good there now. I know they fought a long time ago and cr0-cop won , but I've never seen it. i'll search youtube. Still, they are both probably different fighters now.
nate22
1/19/07 4:23:32PM
Aerts probably has a better high kick than Cro Cop, I think that would be the general consensus within the K1 elite fans.

Other notable highkickers...

Ernesto Hoost
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SnxaZw2oSkU

Rob Kaman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6vCm7Hh1IWE

Andy Hug
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZKhA7KlSEdw

K1 greatest hits is so worth downloading if you guys get the chance, some great fights and great entertainment.
punisherind
1/19/07 4:25:07PM
dont know much about aerts. but i think u can open a big can of worms if we go beyond the pride/ufc universe. for instance, there are many muay thai and san shou fighters with solid kicking games. ever hear of Buakaw Por Pramuk?
Savy
1/19/07 4:26:05PM
Cung Lee
nate22
1/19/07 4:27:30PM
Buakaw is one of the greatest kickboxers I have ever, ever seen. I would of loved to of seen a match up against Dekkers in his prime.
loller90278
1/19/07 4:40:00PM
hmm thanks, knew about ernesto H. but not too many of the other ones... yeah i wanted to post this in the general MMA section but couldnt find it //
evilslutt
1/19/07 5:57:30PM
Great links. Thanks for sharing. Im not sure if I got this correctly. This is the first time I've really seen big blows in K-1 since I've never really watched them or none are available on my cable. In K-1, elbows are now allowed? I did not see any elbow prep or targeting shots or something related. If it's now allowed, any inputs why?
nate22
1/19/07 7:14:46PM

Posted by evilslutt

Great links. Thanks for sharing. Im not sure if I got this correctly. This is the first time I've really seen big blows in K-1 since I've never really watched them or none are available on my cable. In K-1, elbows are now allowed? I did not see any elbow prep or targeting shots or something related. If it's now allowed, any inputs why?

Well, i'm not entirely sure, but I can make a guess as to why.

In K1, especially in the GP's the fighters fight numerous times a night, delivering elbows are liekly to cause cuts and prevent fighters from advancing or being able to fight the second fight of the night even if they do get past the first opponent.

Other than that, it's something i've always wondered myself, they are the essence of Muay Thai and this is the main discipline that is practised in K1, if anybody has a better insight I too would be interested to find out.
Savy
1/20/07 9:29:47AM

Posted by evilslutt

evilslut, if i understand your question, the reason for your confusion is because k1 has two different sets of rules. one set is kickboxing rules (without elbows), and the other set is mma rules (with elbows).
Beenosworld
1/22/07 11:50:29AM
you would have to be crazy to think Peter is a better high kicker. MIRCO CRO COP all the way!!!
loller90278
1/22/07 1:30:06PM

Posted by Beenosworld

you would have to be crazy to think Peter is a better high kicker. MIRCO CRO COP all the way!!!

did you make that without seeing both highlight reels and not knowing of aerts?
nate22
1/22/07 1:42:42PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Beenosworld

did you make that without seeing both highlight reels and not knowing of aerts?

Obviously, it doesn't take more than one watch of that hl to realise the truth.
amik
1/26/07 11:25:05AM
Andy Hug without dubt...

Rest in peace!
pv3Hpv3p
2/2/07 4:48:29PM
Remy Bonjasky anyone???
Rampage_Soldier
2/2/07 9:21:54PM
Mirko's HK's have so much power and accuracy behind them, I gotta vote for Mirko on this one. His legs are as thick as tree trunks....
Svartorm
2/3/07 4:47:34AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Remy Bonjasky anyone???

Him or Glaube definitely.

Of the two choices, its hard to say because most of Aerts headkick KOs are from the 90s. Now he tends to do it with punches more than anything. Hes a phenominal kickboxer, and even at 36 years old, he can stand with anyone. So, if we're talking right now, I'd say Mirko has the better high kick, but comparing both men in their primes, I'd say Aerts takes it.
madmarck
2/5/07 2:20:44PM
Gotta say they arent Cro Cop Kicks but Team Tompkins got some nice ones.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Trapt1nw0nder
2/5/07 7:57:36PM
i dont know...but Sean Solman has the best flying kick....as seen on the fight against Rashad.....
madmarck
2/5/07 11:04:55PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

i dont know...but Sean Solman has the best flying kick....as seen on the fight against Rashad.....

Clearly Rashads kicks are just a little bit better.
Leland
7/16/07 10:38:43AM
Gonzaga High kick > all
george112
7/16/07 11:25:35AM
whoa...peter owned with that high kick
SSfighter51
7/16/07 1:15:15PM
cro cop out of those two. but anderson silva has the gnarly kcks and knees in the game.
LHK
7/16/07 1:32:19PM
Andy Hug was incredible. Although overall I have to give it to Mirko. Mirko vs Aerts was for the unofficial greatest kicker title. Who won?

Although Aerts did have "more powerful" kicks back then (before Crocop jacked his legs up to enormous size), Crocop's were faster and more precise. Now definitely Crocop is undisputed king of kicks, no one comes close (note: GGs kick was the ugliest, sloppiest head kick I have ever seen, but he deserved to win of course, he wanted it more).

casey64
7/16/07 1:57:33PM
Cro-cop has some killer kicks
Aether
7/16/07 4:12:11PM
In the world of kickboxing I think there are tons of fighters with better HKs than mirko. His kicks seem amazing in MMA because it's rare to see effective kicking in MMA due to the risk of a takedown. He's a good kickboxer for sure, but there are quite a few who are better. I'd say aerts, hoost, remy all have better kicks just to name a few.
Stickan
7/16/07 5:25:34PM
Obviously Gabriel Gonzaga....

EDIT: damn I was beaten to it :P. Mirko has by far the most impressive high kick I've seen. It's not just technique but his timing and explosiveness is unmatched.
LHK
7/16/07 6:47:10PM
I actually find Crocops HKs from K1 more impressive then in MMA...he was so explosive and seemed to just bring them on like an onslaught. Hoost's HKs are really not that good, look sloppy and slow, although I'm sure they are powerful. His low kicks are another story, they are stunning, don't know if anyone has better low kicks, but this thread is about high kicks. Bonjasky has a smooth style, but not enough power (best knees probably). Sorry, keep trying, Mirko is tops, Hug and Aerts probably follow.
Mastodon2
7/16/07 7:21:48PM
Cro Cop, even though his right arm doesnt come up to defend his face when he does it! No one survives it anyway so its a moot point.

Cro Cop was not the best overallin K-1, but he did have the best high kick. He aims it perfectly, times it perfectly and throws it with ridiculous force. Its unreal. Aerts is good, but Cro Cop's kick wins it.

Other notable kickers in K-1

Buakaw; the living embodiment of Muay Thai

Jerome Le Banner; Amazing mid roundhouse kick, but only throws it when his opponent is stooping, watch a JLB HL and you will see him using this to devastating effect

Remy Bonjasky; loves flying around the ring with Khao Loys (flying knees) but they rarely hit (when they do they are devastating though) but when he uses his normal kicks they are ace too.

Hoost; Great low kicks, devastating to his opponents thighs. Trashed Vovchanchyn using them, and Igor is a harded kick boxer, but he couldnt handle the onslaught!

MOST OVERRATED KICKER IN K-1...

GLAUBE FEITOSA!

Yes, his overturning kicks look amazing (Im learning the Muay Thai equivilant myself atm, same kick different name), but it only works if his opponent is turtling (standing still defending) or moving back. When people figured out that by closing the distance, Glaube had nothing to combat them with, he started to look a little exposed. His kicks also arent all that powerful. He lands really clean, but the nature of the kick, hitting the deltoids and neck, rather than the cranium (which would break the kickers foot) means it doesnt KO people.

Looks great, but not actually that good a kick.

warglory
7/16/07 7:28:29PM

Posted by Savy

Posted by evilslutt

evilslut, if i understand your question, the reason for your confusion is because k1 has two different sets of rules. one set is kickboxing rules (without elbows), and the other set is mma rules (with elbows).

HERO'S does not allow elbows either.
Pages: [1] 2