Whos got the best chance to stop Cro Cop??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Whos got the best chance to stop Cro Cop??
« Previous Page
POLL: Who will defeat Cro Cop
Andrei Arlovski 33% (25)
Tim Sylvia 16% (12)
Randy Couture 24% (18)
Chuck ( LHW) 16% (12)
Brandon Vera 11% (8)
hippysmacker
2/13/07 11:35:43AM

Posted by TheNatural

I know anything can happen in the ring but come on guys, anyone who knows a little bit of mma knows there is only 2 people in mma who can beat cro cop & guess what? neither are on the above list..........any guesses? the clue is cro cops entrance music into UFC67

That's an interesting thought since he has lost to Fedor, Big Nog, Hunt and yes even Randleman. Hunt , Fedor, Nog were all decisive pretty decisive. I think you are definately either underestimating every other HVY in the top 10 or over estimating Cro-cop. You said it yourself, anything can happen in the ring. Personally I think Co-cop is the # 2 HVY in the world. Even though Nog and Hunt beat him , but that doesn't mean I'm right. Probably not a good idea to state " anyone who knows a little bit of MMA " has to agree with an opinion of yours. It would mean you are insulting a lot more people than you probably realize. Thanks
FLAMarlins35
2/13/07 12:56:34PM
rashad evans is better
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
roadking95th
2/13/07 2:04:22PM
I can't see anyone on the list beating CC. Therefore I picked Couture. His style matches up with CC the best. Of course, he would have to be a younger version of his current self. Hell, if I can do that than I should've just pick a bigger Chuck.

Realistically, when the best chance is below 35%, in my opinion, there is so many what ifs. This might be a fight where a ref screw up would have the best chance of beating CC. Can we get that added to the poll
TheArtOfWar
2/13/07 2:33:50PM

Posted by TheNatural

I know anything can happen in the ring but come on guys, anyone who knows a little bit of mma knows there is only 2 people in mma who can beat cro cop & guess what? neither are on the above list..........any guesses? the clue is cro cops entrance music into UFC67

I agree with you there is no UFC Fighter with more than 10% chance of victory...
shackle
2/13/07 3:01:14PM
I was talking about the votes not your post :)

AA at the time had more votes.

QUOTE]Posted by We_Todd_Did

Posted by shackle

Even though I'm not a huge tim fan...

damn give him a little respect to tim after he beat AA 2 times?

People pick who they think looks cooler sometimes lol... AA with those trademark vampire teeth thats what it is! People on the net love to hate on Miletich fighters.

Don't beleave what you see on the net, and see on TV alot of the smack talking is just a part of the job. You help build up a fight you will get paid more. Just like tito with his smack talking. I'm sure (some) of these guys are great people.

/end rant

That being said.. I want the say vera... Just want to see him fight a top fighter though.

Aw,come on man.I think I listed enough objective reasons that included neither having a man-crush on AA nor Timmy hating.Never even said I liked/disliked either of em personally.Don't get so hung up on commonly made assumptions.
MurillaNinjaScrilla
2/13/07 6:28:27PM
I think Randy has a chance. He performs well in his biggest matches. He also mostly uses upper-body, Greco-Roman takedowns instead of leg-shots which Cro-Cop defends well. If you look at how Fedor beat Cro-Cop, he kept coming at him and didn't let Cro-Cop create distance. That is the same gameplan that Randy has always used against superior strikers.
Snacks
2/13/07 6:42:22PM
Melvin Guilliard.

Why? Crocop doesn't exactly have the best of luck against 5'10 black guys with dyed hair.
richieb19
2/13/07 6:45:04PM

Posted by Snacks

Melvin Guilliard.

Why? Crocop doesn't exactly have the best of luck against 5'10 black guys with dyed hair.

Randleman AND McDonald...
Snacks
2/13/07 9:07:38PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Snacks

Melvin Guilliard.

Randleman AND McDonald...

Yup.
jay98107
2/13/07 10:15:46PM
easy, nobody.
Unkoman
2/14/07 12:32:38AM
Mark Hunts coming for Cro cop- marketable guy who they can hype up
as being the last guy to beat cro cop. They know Mirko would probably beat hunt this time but it would sell tickets and it would be a brawl.
aznteabagger
4/14/07 5:34:38PM
all of em can put up a fight and itd be a brawl but im pretty sure cro cop will just hunt em down 1 by 1
Orlandi0053
4/14/07 6:56:28PM
I dont think you have to be the best at everything to beat cro cop although he is one of my favorite mma fighters he got shot down in one shot by Kevin Randleman so iany thing could happen if he goes against a good striker.....correct?
kerazzle
4/14/07 6:58:15PM
stylistically speaking I think Randy has the best chance. Andrei I think would get K.O'd. I still havent seen enough from Brandon Vera but I put him right behind couture out of all those guys on the list. Couture would no doubt be a massive underdog, but thats when he always performs best plus style-wise it's a good match up for him. His striking is enough to get him close enough to Cro Cop for a TD and he has great Greco. Still I cant see him doing what Fedor did.
jdubs
4/14/07 9:21:21PM
toss up between vera and chuck, both could beat him
madmarck
4/14/07 11:34:29PM
Big Nog is coming to the UFC. Pretty sure he beat Cro Cop and would be one of his biggest challenges now.
mkiv9secsupra
4/15/07 12:55:37AM

Posted by madmarck

Big Nog is coming to the UFC. Pretty sure he beat Cro Cop and would be one of his biggest challenges now.

bignog shouldnt be a problem. CC dominated that fight until he just slipped up. He wont make that mistake again. On the feet Nog had nothing. It would be a slightly more dominant match than the last.

AA has the best chance. I dont think CC would know how to defend against a big overhand right too well.
JunCTion
4/15/07 1:16:38AM
the only way cro cop gets beat in the next year is if he goes into a fight with a broken left big toe!

or if any one smart enough can get him in a clinch against the cage and does nothing but stomp on his foot repeatedly!
FortySixBelow
4/15/07 7:58:19AM
Couture got my vote...It's going to take a lot of heart and an amazing game plan to beat a man like Cro Cop... i don't think his chance is good...but it is the best among that group. I think he could throw more wrenches into Cro Cop's game then any of the others.
Ultimate_fighter
4/15/07 2:33:11PM

Posted by richieb19

Andrei Arlovski
Tim Sylvia
Randy Couture
Chuck ( LHW)
Brandon Vera

I would have to go with AA, he may have a suspect chin and would most likely get KO'd, but he has the most agressive standup of them all, which is what you need to beat crocop, plus his right hand is lightning quick. Big Tim's legs are too easy a target for CroCop, Couture would fall short after a few failed takedown attempts, Liddell has a very bad style to match up against Mirko as he keeps his side completely open and his hands way too low, and Vera, well Vera would just get outclassed by a superior striker.

seazer
4/15/07 2:42:03PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Posted by richieb19

Andrei Arlovski
Tim Sylvia
Randy Couture
Chuck ( LHW)
Brandon Vera

I would have to go with AA, he may have a suspect chin and would most likely get KO'd, but he has the most agressive standup of them all, which is what you need to beat crocop, plus his right hand is lightning quick. Big Tim's legs are too easy a target for CroCop, Couture would fall short after a few failed takedown attempts, Liddell has a very bad style to match up against Mirko as he keeps his side completely open and his hands way too low, and Vera, well Vera would just get outclassed by a superior striker.

I def. have to agree with this statement, well said man.
Statik
4/15/07 2:46:49PM

Andrei Arlovski!
Very aggresive fighter, and probably the best chance to beat Cro Cop
ncordless
4/15/07 2:55:58PM
Couture has the best shot at Cro Cop. His well-rounded game will give him the best chance. A ground guy that can punch. That is where the majority of Cro Cop's losses come from.

Vera would seem like a good fight except Cro Cop has serious K-1 striker skills. Vera, although a good striker in his own right, would get seriously outclassed by Mirko.

Arlovski would get KTFO. He's got skills but LHK is gonna toast his chin.

Liddell would be in a major disadvantage due to his low hands and tendency to counter. He would never get close enough before Mirko KOs him.

Sylvia... would be funny to see who falls funnier from a LHK, Timmy or Alexandre

BTW, I am not a randy nuthugger in the least, but based on styles and tendencies to big matches, he gets my vote.
Juggernaut
4/15/07 10:45:59PM

Posted by We_Todd_Did

God...or maybe a certain coach Ditka...

Seriously though, I truly think that CC would have an easier time stopping a bigger guy (Sylvia) than someone like AA.With Tim, he'd be able to move around and pick his shots better, particularly leg kicks, which would land FAR faster than Big Tim's jabs.We all know the formula:he throws a bunch of leg kicks until (insert victim here) can't take 'em anymore and focuses on blocking them, then WHAM!LHK,good night.

I can really see AA giving him problems with his speed.AA has an excellent ability to move in and out of the pocket very quickly, probably has better foot speed than CC is used to dealing with outside of K-1, and actually has some really decent head movement.He'd be a far more difficult target on which to time those kicks correctly.Given, he'd have to work on his combos a little, because I don't think it'd take CC long to time some good shots when all AA is doing is "left jab, right...left jab, left jab, right" as he's been known to do.

agreed, Mirko is very good against the bigger opponents. hell,look what he did to Big Bob Sapp, broke his Jaw. I'd say Randy has a pretty good chance though, Mirko isn't all that great against wrestlers and not very good on the ground, look at the fight with Mark Hunt
-Virus-
4/15/07 10:53:30PM
Im thinking either Chuck because of his punchers chance also Werdum should be on the list because if he beats Arlovski he will be top contender and will have a chance if he can get it to the ground
AdamG
4/16/07 12:23:14PM
Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera. Nuf said. The only guy in the UFC that has already beat CC and will be an immediate contender for the title. Of the fighters that haven't beaten CC, I'd give Vera and Liddell the best chances. CroCop is too slow to beat the Iceman and will get out hustled by Vera. I think Chuck would have to change his game plan to beat CC, because trying to counter Mirko is a dangerous game. Vera and Liddell would have to press the action at a faster pace than CC is used to, the way Fedor did.
LaosPowerHouse
8/1/07 7:30:31AM
Randy. Once it's on the ground, it's all over
russ_95670
8/1/07 9:30:55AM
The pit bull. hes taller and can trade strikes.
cowcatcher
8/1/07 9:33:23AM
gabriel gonzaga
Pages: 1 [2]