White unsure on whether to cut Diaz, says financial blow from Diaz absence "pretty big"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » White unsure on whether to cut Diaz, says financial blow from Diaz absence "pretty big"
Budgellism
9/7/11 7:06:43PM
UFC president Dana White said he's perfectly within his rights to cut Nick Diaz (25-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC) from the contract he inked just three months ago.

But he is unsure whether he'll do so.

"I'm still blown away by this thing," White today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I've got to take a couple of days and figure this thing out."

As of now, the executive is still dealing with the fallout from Diaz's absence. The former Strikeforce welterweight champion today no-showed his second consecutive press conference to promote UFC 137, which prompted White to remove Diaz from a welterweight title fight with champ Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) and slot former WEC champ Carlos Condit (27-5 MMA, 4-1 UFC) in his place.

LINK
FastKnockout
9/7/11 7:34:23PM
He won't release Diaz, and he knows it.
prophecy033
9/7/11 7:35:16PM
Diaz is a headache Dana and zuffa don't need. I don't like saying that cuz Diaz is a fighter I like but the truth must be told regardless
bhardy22132
9/7/11 7:52:19PM
why wouldnt he release him? Nick does not have that much draw power and Dana has had to deal with Diaz's **** before. I would cut my ties from him to he is not worth the money.
Budgellism
9/7/11 8:10:32PM
I don't want to see him cut even though I dislike him. He's an entertaining and skilled fighter that would match up well with several fighters in the WW division. I mean who doesn't want to see Penn vs. Diaz or Condit vs. Diaz?
Playground_Samurai
9/7/11 8:56:23PM
This is a huge asshole move by Diaz that i've never seen anyone else pull before. I mean, this was a main event title match and they can't even get Nick to give any sort of an explanation. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they decide to cut him.

That being said, I agree with Budge. There are too many awesome match ups out there that I want to see him in. I hope they give "Dirty" Diaz just one more chance.
Chael_Sonnen
9/7/11 9:32:27PM
Punish Nick by throwing Fitch at him
mrsmiley
9/7/11 9:33:56PM
I think it adds a little more to the fight,but for better or for worse I won't dive into. To many worms in that can.
Diaz should have been their,but he certainly has his own way of doing things. LOL, I really don't know what to say to be honest.
This is weird.
prophecy033
9/7/11 9:39:23PM
I was just reading a story on mmajunkie that said Cesar Gracie thinks DIAZ is getting what he deserves. That's all I have to know. The trainer that has stuck with you and covered your ass for 10 years thinks your getting what you deserve. Diaz as a person is one heavily flawed individual, although an extremely talented one. He just can't get over himself. WAR GSP V CONDIT
bjj1605
9/7/11 10:59:24PM
Give him ONE more chance in the UFC. No need to cut him yet. He's been punished.
Manak
9/7/11 11:50:49PM

Posted by prophecy033

I was just reading a story on mmajunkie that said Cesar Gracie thinks DIAZ is getting what he deserves. That's all I have to know. The trainer that has stuck with you and covered your ass for 10 years thinks your getting what you deserve. Diaz as a person is one heavily flawed individual, although an extremely talented one. He just can't get over himself. WAR GSP V CONDIT

if cesar is saying then im over it, WAR GSP V CONDIT
ncordless
9/8/11 12:17:59AM
I am not surprised, really. A lot of people were excited that Diaz was going to get some attention because of the way he is. I always had the suspicion that fame was the last thing that Diaz wants or needs and that he would do just about anything to get away from it once he tasted it. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see Diaz fight in MMA again. He can make as much money boxing as he would if he is perma-banned from Zuffa and fighting in the B leagues. He really has more of a passion for triathalons than MMA at this point. I hate to say it because no matter what your opinion of Diaz as a person or the person he is shown to be in the soap opera that is MMA, everyone admits that he is a brilliant fighter to watch, with a style that is unique and exciting if not always effective, but I think he is done.
kingsmasher
9/8/11 10:30:49AM
Diaz prolly wasnt wanting this fight after looking at gsp....he has no advantage anywhere...knows hed be on his back...he is the type of personality that would def do whatever to get nixed from a fight knowing he was the underdog...