White: UFN 26's Gamburyan vs. Miller bout should've been stopped after first

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » White: UFN 26's Gamburyan vs. Miller bout should've been stopped after first
FastKnockout
8/18/13 11:51:35AM
After a confusing end to the first round, a UFC Fight Night 26 bout between featherweights Manny Gamburyan and Cole Miller went to the scorecards. UFC President Dana White, though, doesn't think it should have ever gotten that far.

Link
SmileR
8/18/13 11:53:38AM
I got to agree with him! It pissed me off that it wasn't the guy was done and couldn't stand without being helped up! Cole won that fight !
FastKnockout
8/18/13 12:15:11PM
I'm a little confused with the rules. Cole landed the elbow 2-3 seconds before the bell, but Manny never actually went out. He was just dazed. Isn't he allowed to stay in the fight as long as he answers the bell to the 2nd round?

But I disagree with Dana about Miller. Kudos to him for showing a little sportsmanship.
airkerma
8/18/13 12:41:00PM
Refs should deduct points for terrible acting. Fishing for a dq win is pathetic
Webbie
8/18/13 12:49:42PM
Yeah, that was ridiculous. They both should've lost.
FastKnockout
8/18/13 1:09:38PM

Posted by airkerma

I don't think he was acting. He was probably dazed from the elbow and thought it was to the back of the head.
airkerma
8/18/13 1:41:39PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by airkerma

I don't think he was acting. He was probably dazed from the elbow and thought it was to the back of the head.

I can't agree. He grabbed a location that wasn't touched. Most dazed guys don't usually grab where they were hit, they're loopy. And guys trying to answer the bell don't just lay there holding themselves, they shrug it off. If it was an ever more clear legal strike would he have done the same?
prozacnation1978
8/18/13 1:55:33PM
I lost that bout so I was pissed
Webbie
8/18/13 2:48:18PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by airkerma

I can't agree. He grabbed a location that wasn't touched. Most dazed guys don't usually grab where they were hit, they're loopy. And guys trying to answer the bell don't just lay there holding themselves, they shrug it off. If it was an ever more clear legal strike would he have done the same?

I tried to give you Props, but I must spread the love.

But yeah, Manny was acting. That was a bitch move on his part.
bjj1605
8/18/13 3:41:11PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I'm a little confused with the rules. Cole landed the elbow 2-3 seconds before the bell, but Manny never actually went out. He was just dazed. Isn't he allowed to stay in the fight as long as he answers the bell to the 2nd round?

But I disagree with Dana about Miller. Kudos to him for showing a little sportsmanship.

I actually haven't watched this fight yet, but if you're done at the end of the round, you are not allowed to use the rest time to recover/regain consciousness.

You said he wasn't really out though so I don't know.
Svartorm
8/18/13 9:05:29PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by airkerma

I have to agree. I think the blows were legal and he was hurt, so tried to pull a Carlo Prater and act like it was a "back of the head" blow that hurt him. Besides holding the head, it's the exaggerated slow blink that makes it look fake. It's something people who actually suffer head injuries never do, but something every faker does.
Bubbles
8/18/13 9:58:11PM

Posted by FastKnockout

there was a fight not too long ago where a guy laid on his back after the bell for a few seconds to gather his breath and the ref called the fight
Svartorm
8/19/13 11:22:42AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FastKnockout

there was a fight not too long ago where a guy laid on his back after the bell for a few seconds to gather his breath and the ref called the fight

I remember that, but forget the fight. I think it was in RFA or Titan.