White is tired of chasing Fedor

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » White is tired of chasing Fedor
MMAcca
1/29/09 1:54:12PM
You'd think knockout victories over two former UFC heavyweight champs, would have UFC president Dana White salivating over Fedor Emelianenko. That's not the case according to White who says that he didn't even watch the Affliction 2 fight card and still hasn't seen the Fedor-Andrei Arlovski fight. Even though close to 9,000 paid to get into the Honda Center and the card did a gate of over $1.5 million, White doesn't care:

"If Fedor doesn't care than neither do I. If he wants to come over and fight the best in the world then that's cool with me. At the end of the day, if Fedor wants to fight here I'm here, if he doesn't I don't care."

LINK + VIDEO
Muay-Thai_Mogwai
1/29/09 2:07:49PM
Dana's to busy swinging on Brock nads .
Shawn91111
1/29/09 2:08:48PM

Posted by Muay-Thai_Mogwai

Dana to busy swinging on Brock's nut sack .

I smell a warning
nastshabast
1/29/09 2:09:52PM
wow, you should change the title of this to Dana calls CBC scumbags. It's a big deal in Canada for sure. I could tell there was shady editing in that story.

MattHughesRules
1/29/09 2:14:06PM
I find that to be just hilarious. He certainly has changed his tune though. He has gone from calling Fedor a complete bum who is not a top HW in the world to being bitter that he won't fight under a UFC contract.....or that's how he sounds. In the end Dana not trying to work with Fedor is bad for the sport. There are good fights to be had in the cage that would benefit both Fedor and the UFC tremendously. Fighters like Fedor don't come along everyday. In the end if White looks back and Fedor has never stepped foot in the cage I think he will look kind of foolish. It seems rediculous that the best mma organization and the sports top HW would never do business. I am sure a contract compromise could be met to make both parties happy if White would work at it. I am a huge UFC fan and I DO care about seeing Fedor in the UFC...I want it badly!
Twenty20Dollars
1/29/09 2:26:05PM
I could care less if fedor comes to the ufc, because theres just too much bull crap around this issue.

Theres other good fights I can look forward too, instead.
mentalcase
1/29/09 2:47:53PM

Posted by MattHughesRules

I find that to be just hilarious. He certainly has changed his tune though. He has gone from calling Fedor a complete bum who is not a top HW in the world to being bitter that he won't fight under a UFC contract.....or that's how he sounds. In the end Dana not trying to work with Fedor is bad for the sport. There are good fights to be had in the cage that would benefit both Fedor and the UFC tremendously. Fighters like Fedor don't come along everyday. In the end if White looks back and Fedor has never stepped foot in the cage I think he will look kind of foolish. It seems rediculous that the best mma organization and the sports top HW would never do business. I am sure a contract compromise could be met to make both parties happy if White would work at it. I am a huge UFC fan and I DO care about seeing Fedor in the UFC...I want it badly!

Dana white and zuffa have done alot of good for mma if fedor doesn't want to join the ufc its not Dana's fault, there a method to Dana's madness and u seem to have taken what Dana and the lorenzo brothers have done with the ufc for granted if it wasn't for them the ufc may have died back in 2000.

when they purchased ufc in 2001 they were losing millions people said they were crazy now look at ufc and the explosion on mma in the US.

i don't think u have any idea how hard it was for Dana to turn the ufc into what it is today and at the end of the day he will look anything but foolish no matter what happens with fedor
postman
1/29/09 2:57:08PM

Posted by Muay-Thai_Mogwai

Dana's to busy swinging on Brock nads .

Dana Makes money and Brock is going to bring in more then Fedor. By beating Randy he proved he is a legit fighter I see nothing wrong with Dana pulling in more fans with a legit guy. Fedor has found a home in the US but after he fights Barnett he is right back in the same boat. There won't be anyone for him to fight and everyone will be call for a Brock fight ir a Mir fight or even a Randy fight.
Pyrenus
1/29/09 3:38:03PM
I'm calling BS. White is never tired of money. Look, he'll talk smack on Fedor all day and say he isn't anything.

But the same day they sign him, Dana will be announcing that they've acquired the greatest fighter in all of MMA history.

He's worse than a politician.
KipDynamite
1/29/09 3:42:04PM
Im glad hes actn like that. Fedor is good but NUTHING is worth having to deal with that Millen guy. what a freakin douche
bustin_mma
1/29/09 3:51:23PM
Thats true but thats what it takes to be a promoter. At least a good one. All the good promoter's are shady like that.
MattHughesRules
1/29/09 3:52:20PM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by MattHughesRules

Dana white and zuffa have done alot of good for mma if fedor doesn't want to join the ufc its not Dana's fault, there a method to Dana's madness and u seem to have taken what Dana and the lorenzo brothers have done with the ufc for granted if it wasn't for them the ufc may have died back in 2000.

when they purchased ufc in 2001 they were losing millions people said they were crazy now look at ufc and the explosion on mma in the US.

i don't think u have any idea how hard it was for Dana to turn the ufc into what it is today and at the end of the day he will look anything but foolish no matter what happens with fedor

I don't dispute that Dana White has done great things for mma in North America and in general for that matter). I also would never claim to know how hard he worked to get the UFC to where it is today. I do know he has invested himself into it though and for that I think every UFC/mma fan is appreciative.
However the question at hand here is about Fedor and Dana's views of him. Dana White is wrong about Fedor's status as a top HW in the world....he is the best HW in the world. He quite possibly is the best p4p fighter in the world. All I am saying is that if both UFC and Fedor would compromise a little both would prosper because of it. Fedor in the UFC would be a huge deal and to me it only seems natural that the best fighter in the world (or one of) fight in the worlds greatest mma organization. To me it would be foolish not to pursue a contract with Fedor further.
Darnok
1/29/09 4:00:24PM
Ok I seen this comic and thought of Dana as a kid.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
loller90278
1/29/09 4:33:06PM
was dana trying to use MMAmath?

when pressed about fedor ko'ing arlovski he said, "so has tim sylvia" and then he said arlovski ko'd tim sylvia in 3 minutes as well. how would this help prove dana's point? it's not like its a triangle where every ko's each other... fedor > arlovski and tim sylvia -- both ufc hw champs.

and after barnett theres gonna be kharitonov, overeem, yvel, roger gracie, antonio silva, etc etc

most of the best heavy weights arent in the ufc.
casey64
1/29/09 4:39:16PM
Don't blame him.JMO
cmill21
1/29/09 4:41:02PM
I would love to see Fedor vs Sergie. I would pikc Segei to beat AA, he's tough as nails with a well rounded game.
brooklynbadass
1/29/09 4:54:14PM
Bring fedor to the UFC and let him lose to lesnar!
casey64
1/29/09 5:00:33PM

Posted by brooklynbadass

I love Lesnar, but I wouldnt say he's ready to win against Fedor. I wouldnt even say he is ready to fight him, he has a lot of improving to do.
Aether
1/29/09 5:29:24PM

Posted by brooklynbadass

good joke
gsquat
1/29/09 5:34:39PM
Dana's promlem is that he's already made his statements about Fedor. And since he's not one to take them back, he has to stick by what he said before. Even though they're obviously way off.
im2fast4u1981
1/29/09 6:32:21PM
UFC will never have all the top fighters its just impossible....Fedor could fight anyone and i will be tuned in....Affliction needs fedor 2 stay in business so i hope they keep finding him fights
bjj1605
1/29/09 8:48:12PM

Posted by loller90278

was dana trying to use MMAmath?

when pressed about fedor ko'ing arlovski he said, "so has tim sylvia" and then he said arlovski ko'd tim sylvia in 3 minutes as well. how would this help prove dana's point? it's not like its a triangle where every ko's each other... fedor > arlovski and tim sylvia -- both ufc hw champs.

and after barnett theres gonna be kharitonov, overeem, yvel, roger gracie, antonio silva, etc etc

most of the best heavy weights arent in the ufc.

You know I almost agreed with you but you had to list those fighters and call them the best heavy weights. I think overeem is legit. i debate that he's really top ten but... I don't know. Basically after barnett there is the ufc. The best fighters are in the ufc.
Dragonscale
1/29/09 8:55:00PM
I think Lesnar beats Fedor, I think Frank Mir beats him too.

And, when affliction is closed because they spent millions of dollars to put on a few shows, will Fedor go to M1? lol, back to Japan?

(Note: I certainly dont want any MMA shows to close, I'm an MMA fan, not a UFC fan)
cmill21
1/29/09 11:01:01PM

Posted by Dragonscale

I think Lesnar beats Fedor, I think Frank Mir beats him too.

And, when affliction is closed because they spent millions of dollars to put on a few shows, will Fedor go to M1? lol, back to Japan?

(Note: I certainly dont want any MMA shows to close, I'm an MMA fan, not a UFC fan)

Lesnar may(MAY) be able to hold him down for 5 rounds, but where does Mir beat him? Back to Japan is exactly where everyone would go, Dream, Sengoku, there will always be somewhere to fight over there.
Aether
1/30/09 2:45:56AM
I would say Mir has a better chance than Brock and I don't think that's a very good chance to be honest.

If brock had any kind of submission defense I would say that he would have a moderate chance to beat him, but he doesn't, and it's never going to be good enough to defend against someone like Fedor for a long period of time. I doubt that Lesnar will ever have the sub defense to feel safe in a long fight against someone with submissions and a hard head. Sub defense is just too intricate and these guys have been doing it for so much longer than him.
mrsmiley
1/30/09 12:12:16PM

Posted by gsquat

Dana's promlem is that he's already made his statements about Fedor. And since he's not one to take them back, he has to stick by what he said before. Even though they're obviously way off.

I agree with you.

He said Fedor Sucks,then he made the crazy Russian remark.
I think It's clear by the way Dana tends to get so emotional about the subject that he wants Fedor their,but the UFC will not give an inch an neither will Fedors management.
Dana should have just kept quiet on the matter and maybe,just maybe the relations between the two parties would be better now.
soundboy1
1/30/09 1:21:24PM
I feel like the cage would benefit Fedor against Lesnar. he would be able to clinch him against the fence and impose his will. I think he would tire him out and then would either submit him or win the decision.

Mir would get knocked out in the first or second.

At this point Fedor makes every heavyweight division look lame.
telnights
1/30/09 1:47:12PM
You know as much as I want to see Fedor in the UFC Dana has done everything he can short of give the company away to get Fedor. In the end the problem was Fedor's managers trying to sale M1 global with Fedor as a package deal. So Fedor's managers is what caused the deal to fall through. They can blame the UFC all day long but the truth is Fedor's managers are the one that killed the deal. That is clear as the last 2 company's Fedor has been with both were forced to partner up with M1 to get Fedor on their card. As long as Fedor's managers keep thinking about themselves more than Fedor its doubtful we will see him in the UFC. Its not really worth it for the UFC either because even if Fedor is the best HW in the world he isn't a household name. Most US fans don't even know who Fedor is the only place he has a huge fan base is Japan and Russia.

Dana made a really good point in this interview he said they are trying to copy them when they should be building themselves up. It takes time to build a company up and doesn't happen over night.
icantthinkofanything
2/3/09 9:39:45AM
I would love to see Fedor in UFC...I am sure Joe Rogan, and any honest MMA fan agrees. I dont think he should be called the best pound for pound in the world. I feel that that title is meant to describe the most tehnical, athletic and tuf fighter...at every aspect. Fedor is king, but his stand up style is not handsome enough to be considered the best. His stand up is VERY effective tho. The best stand up would be a good mixture of the best boxing, thai boxing and aggression. GSP is earning more everyday. He is the best wrestler, very good striker, and very good bjj.(anyone notice his takedown defense,/takedowns, Superman Jab on serra in combo with a right had and throwing a kick while ducking, and the submission finish on matt hughes/ leg triangle on left arm/kimura on right/spin into arm bar...nevermind his judo throw that put matt on the ground) He has awesome kicks as well. If he can knock more people out (like Heiron, and hughes in the other fight) and be more agressive, he will clearly be the best. I predict he walks through thiago, and anyone else. He may be able to beat Anderson also, but that body triangle, weight and creative strikes by silva, make me think twice.
Back to Fedor, UFC fights against MIR, Couture, lesnar Gonzaga are all worth salivating over. I think Dana should redirect his efforts of controlling internet content to grab FEDOR. I wonder if affliction is really out of buissness(idk, but i hear) it should be easy??? I wanna see Kimbo in UFC also. MMA fans should not be so purist...may the best man win, whether its Lesnr, Kimbo, Mir or Couture!!!