White says Jones-Silva 'absolutely will happen,' Jones expects heavyweight move in 2013

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » White says Jones-Silva 'absolutely will happen,' Jones expects heavyweight move in 2013
Budgellism
10/31/12 9:02:53AM
While UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC) vs. welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) is still a strong possibility, UFC president Dana White has strengthened his stance on the possibility of Silva vs. light-heavyweight titleholder Jon Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-0 UFC).

"I said it in Brazil, and I'll say it again: Hell yes, they will (fight)," he said Tuesday.

Time is ticking, though; Jones said he plans to be a heavyweight as early as next year.

LINK
airkerma
10/31/12 10:10:03AM
Bubbles
10/31/12 10:41:13AM
Didn't we hear this about GSP/Silva too? Dana please stop talking, if you are going to do something, then do it. Don't feed us this crap every other week because you (and everyone else) want it to happen
BillsNewAccount
10/31/12 10:47:31AM
Brock v Fedor

I'm super cerial this time
machodog76
10/31/12 10:48:44AM
Dana says a lot of things
sparky
10/31/12 11:19:54AM
If the fight i'snt booked I'm not listening to Dana. "Homie dont play that" been to many fake fight announcements as of late
BillsNewAccount
10/31/12 11:31:52AM
Awful lot of pessimists out there. Just remember, when Silva put on that bizarre fight against Maia, Dana promised to make it up to us as fans. Sure enough the very next week he... Did that thing.... With the thing.... Wait no, that was someone else.
ghandikush
10/31/12 1:01:18PM
So he'll evade a rematch with Lyoto afterall
ncordless
10/31/12 1:06:19PM

Posted by ghandikush

Why rematch a 2nd round finish when there are fights like Silva nd the HWs out there.
ghandikush
10/31/12 1:17:44PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by ghandikush

Why rematch a 2nd round finish when there are fights like Silva nd the HWs out there.

Because had that flash submission not been caught he could have very well been facing being outscored while his typical third round gassing kicked in. No other 205er on earth can give the challenge Lyoto can except maybe Gustaffson and apparently he cant get a shot either.

We know niether silva or jones ever want that fight for their legacies. HW I'm very interested in however.
frizzzlecake
10/31/12 3:15:48PM
What was missing from the quote was when Dana said," Absolutely will happen in the next UFC Undisputed Video game."
Bubbles
10/31/12 4:37:32PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

What was missing from the quote was when Dana said," Absolutely will happen in the next UFC Undisputed Video game."

there will be some bug to freeze the game everytime this fight is about to start so you cant even see it there
bjj1605
10/31/12 10:51:38PM
I hope he's right but I doubt he is.

Jon Jones still hasn't openly said he'd accept the fight and it has been weeks since Anderson publicly stated that he would take it.

If he was gonna accept I think he'd have done it by now.
thevoodooninja
11/1/12 5:24:14AM
If dana wouldn't talk, I wouldn't mind him so much
Budgellism
11/2/12 6:19:09AM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by ncordless

Posted by ghandikush

Because had that flash submission not been caught he could have very well been facing being outscored while his typical third round gassing kicked in. No other 205er on earth can give the challenge Lyoto can except maybe Gustaffson and apparently he cant get a shot either.

We know niether silva or jones ever want that fight for their legacies. HW I'm very interested in however.

I want to see the rematch but how was that a flash submission? Round 2 was back and forth until Jones landed a big right hand then scored a takedown, opened up a big cut on Machida with an elbow that made Big John call in the doctor. Then after that Jones dropped Machida with another right hand and then grabbed hold of the choke that put Machida to sleep.

Jones was easily going to win round 2. You can't call that a flash submission.
fullerene
11/2/12 9:24:28AM
I hope I get to see Jones-Silva and GSP-Silva. I don't know about either one of them, though. All the pressure seems to be on the guy who is approaching 40 to make the weight adjustments.