White says UFC Could Change Date of May 1 Card in Montreal

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » White says UFC Could Change Date of May 1 Card in Montreal
Gogoplatapus
1/18/10 7:44:24PM
http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=306732

The UFC is rethinking its May 1 date in Montreal.

The calendar review is apparently due to rumblings that star boxer Floyd Mayweather may meet Shane Mosley the same day in Las Vegas.

UFC president Dana White confirmed via text Monday that the mixed martial arts organization is rethinking May 1 for UFC 113.

UFC light-heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida, due to meet Mauricio (Shogun) Rua in the Montreal main event, also signalled a possible change.
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/18/10 10:55:11PM
So goulet's fighting dale hartt now? hasnt he already switched opponents twice?
Pookie
1/18/10 10:58:36PM
I think that with this particular card, they would beat the mayweather fight in ppv buys.

Mayweather isnt fighting someone with a gigantic fanbase, like all of his recent prior fights. And UFC 113 has Rampage, Rashad, Shogun, Machida, and Kimbo.
karn501
1/19/10 11:34:57AM
I hope they change it I want to see the mayweather fight but if this is on their is no way I'm missing it
cmill21
1/19/10 2:54:04PM

Posted by Pookie

I think that with this particular card, they would beat the mayweather fight in ppv buys.

Mayweather isnt fighting someone with a gigantic fanbase, like all of his recent prior fights. And UFC 113 has Rampage, Rashad, Shogun, Machida, and Kimbo.

I dunno. People tune in to see Floyd because of his mouth(like Lesnar). It's a better idea to switch it to a week before or a week after. I still wish it was Floyd vs Pac man. I don't know who to blame but I know that Floyd took the harder back up fight.