Whi=o has seen never back down?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Whi=o has seen never back down?
gamez0932
3/22/08 1:05:57PM
Ive seen it and i actually really liked it. i thought it would be korny with the underground fight league and all but it had a good story line behind it and the fighting scenes wernt bad. For those who've seen it, what did you think of it? and do you think mma will be a new theme in hollywood movies?
hippysmacker
3/22/08 2:00:59PM
I made it through half of it, and I am still trying to wash it off me. It seemed like a wannabee MMA karate kid to me. This is what happens when your buddy manages a theater and you can go fro free whenever you want to . Agree to disagree on this movie for sure.
wolfman
3/22/08 2:14:36PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I made it through half of it, and I am still trying to wash it off me. It seemed like a wannabee MMA karate kid to me. This is what happens when your buddy manages a theater and you can go fro free whenever you want to . Agree to disagree on this movie for sure.

Yeah, I have heard a lot of bad things about this film and even without hearing the bad things about this movie I still had no intentions to see it. If I could see it for free as you mentioned, then yeah I would also check it out. As I can't see myself actually wasting 8 or 9 dollars to see a movie that looks to exploit MMA for a quick cash in.
bullettdodger
3/22/08 2:50:52PM
My friend tried to get me to go, thankfully i had a midterm, though when he came back to town yesterday he informed me that he had seen the movie TWICE... so i think once its on HBO or something like that, I'll check it out... but im not spending my hard earned cash of some piece of crap
Pookie
3/22/08 3:07:32PM
What amazes me in the preview is when Honsou and the main character do those weak ass kicks on the thai bag and how they fly across the room.

fullerene
3/22/08 3:34:07PM
I saw it and was annoying people by laughing at parts that weren't supposed to be funny. My favorite scene is when he walks into the gym, is given no papers to sign, wears no protective equipment and--after passing a 3 minute fitness test (really, 3 1 minute weightlight rounds) he puts on 4 oz gloves and starts going full-out with another student while the teacher watches--enouraging him to block the knees he's getting hit in the head with.

loller90278
3/22/08 4:32:41PM

Posted by fullerene

I saw it and was annoying people by laughing at parts that weren't supposed to be funny. My favorite scene is when he walks into the gym, is given no papers to sign, wears no protective equipment and--after passing a 3 minute fitness test (really, 3 1 minute weightlight rounds) he puts on 4 oz gloves and starts going full-out with another student while the teacher watches--enouraging him to block the knees he's getting hit in the head with.

this post made me laugh
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/22/08 5:22:23PM
My gf who happens to love mma checked it out. She was actually laughing during scenes that were supposed to be serious and said that the plot to the movie was pretty much like the Karate Kid. She said that it wasn't horrible but she could care less if she ever saw it again. I personally wouldn't mind seeing it just b/c of the fact that I've seen some pretty shitty movies and there is no way this can be worse than "Cabin Fever"
gamez0932
3/22/08 7:54:50PM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

My gf who happens to love mma checked it out. She was actually laughing during scenes that were supposed to be serious and said that the plot to the movie was pretty much like the Karate Kid. She said that it wasn't horrible but she could care less if she ever saw it again. I personally wouldn't mind seeing it just b/c of the fact that I've seen some pretty shitty movies and there is no way this can be worse than "Cabin Fever"

yeah, i mean everyones who taking this movie seriously and dont like it and havent even seen it are dumb. its just a movie, and plus its cool to see actual movies comming out with themes on mma. i didnt expect it to win an oscar and i think the movie came out just fine. it did have the same feeling as the karate kid but i liked much more just cause i can relate to mma a whole lot better then just karate.
p_unit23
3/22/08 10:07:22PM
I'm sure this is good for mma and will bring a bigger fanbase. BUT, its your typical movie. Guy gets beat up and likes the bad guy's girl. Guy trains with some gym. Guy beats up bad guy. Guy gets girl. End of movie.
SpiderSilva
3/23/08 11:01:41PM
well I saw the preview for this movie and could have told you just to give me your money it would have made you feel better afterwords
cowcatcher
3/24/08 12:37:39PM
its on my list of movies to see right after you got served and the joy luck club.
fullerene
3/24/08 12:51:03PM

Posted by Pookie

What amazes me in the preview is when Honsou and the main character do those weak ass kicks on the thai bag and how they fly across the room.

They explained that in the movie. They said Roque/Honsou had trained with the Gracies in Brazil and fought in the Vale Toro

If you're going to roundkick a bull and live to tell about it you have to really turn your hips over.
Pookie
3/24/08 1:22:18PM

Posted by fullerene

Posted by Pookie

They explained that in the movie. They said Roque/Honsou had trained with the Gracies in Brazil and fought in the Vale Toro

If you're going to roundkick a bull and live to tell about it you have to really turn your hips over.

LMAO thats a good way to show everybody that your trainer is legit... saying he trained with the gracies in brazil
Svartorm
3/24/08 1:43:34PM

Posted by cowcatcher

its on my list of movies to see right after you got served and the joy luck club.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thats was priceless!
disorderlyvision
3/24/08 6:35:34PM

Posted by cowcatcher

holy lol that made me laugh