Wheres the love......

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Wheres the love......
roman
6/28/07 2:58:43PM
for Hamill. I can't believe he is such the underdog. I got him winning by unanimous. He is going to take the count down and barely work. It's going to be a boring fight IMO but I see Hamill coming out on top. His takedowns are going to be a huge problem for Bisping, his grappling is just too good for him to lose this fight.
nubby
6/28/07 3:07:47PM
Hams is going to drop down for a shoot and get kneed in the face and go down for the count.
ProfessorChaos
6/28/07 3:11:16PM
I see it the same way as the OP, but don't tell me people. I want the underdog bonus when he wins. He's going to be able to take Bisping down whenever he wants to.
nubby
6/28/07 3:15:46PM
I don't think I will bet money on this fight because there is too much room for a mistake on either's part.
DevonFoxy
6/28/07 3:26:28PM
lol I got the hammer in UD lol keep doubting him if u saw Bispings last fight urll know he wasn't as impressive as he should have been.
thepunisher
6/28/07 3:33:27PM
I got Hamil in a split
fedorwins1
6/28/07 3:36:55PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

lol I got the hammer in UD lol keep doubting him if u saw Bispings last fight urll know he wasn't as impressive as he should have been.

U see the Hammer's last fight? Not exactly great striking.
DevonFoxy
6/28/07 3:40:10PM
i agree im not saying the win is gonna be impressive by any means i just think bispings gonna have a hard time keeping on his feet. i love bisping as a a fighter but i think The hammers wrestling is gonna be too much thats all.
tuvok500
6/28/07 3:42:39PM

hamill ud
Rush
6/28/07 3:45:59PM
I picked Hamill. I just don't see what there is to debate about this match.
AmericanFighterAce
6/28/07 3:52:33PM

Posted by Rush

I picked Hamill. I just don't see what there is to debate about this match.

\
The reason why there is no love for Hamill is because he is a boring fighter, he mostly just holds down all the fighters for the victory, if him and Josh Koscheck were to ever fight (I know different weight classes) it would be the worst match ever because they both are blankets.
Rush
6/28/07 3:56:13PM
But the original question was, why he is the underdog. That has nothing to do with being a boring fighter (though I agree with you that he is a boring fighter).

Give the guy some credit though, he is deaf.
DJDark41
6/28/07 4:11:07PM
Hamill is the underdog because he is gonna take Bisping down and lay on him until Bisping rolls him over and gets a TKO, or submits him from his back. He has a chance, but I think that Bisping is just a better fighter. But, true enough, give the guy some props he is deaf...
Canadian-Pain
6/28/07 4:12:47PM
Hamill's ground skill is great, but everything else is lacking. Unless he has improved a tonne since his last fight.

Why would you think the guy with the perfect record should be the underdog??
ProfessorChaos
6/28/07 4:34:30PM

Posted by Canadian-Pain

Hamill's ground skill is great, but everything else is lacking. Unless he has improved a tonne since his last fight.

Why would you think the guy with the perfect record should be the underdog??

Have you seen Hamill's record?

Plus he is training at Team Punishment. I think they have a pretty good GnP fighter there...
hippysmacker
6/28/07 5:01:49PM

Posted by DJDark41

Hamill is the underdog because he is gonna take Bisping down and lay on him until Bisping rolls him over and gets a TKO, or submits him from his back. He has a chance, but I think that Bisping is just a better fighter. But, true enough, give the guy some props he is deaf...

Nothing against Hammil, and I don't doubt that he will be able to take Bisping down easily. I think people forget that Bisping is a BJJ blackbelt, and I think he will sub him. Let's not forget it was Bisping who hurt Hammil's arm on the show with that armbar.
Rush
6/28/07 5:13:26PM
Wasn't the armbar to prove a point about Matt's intensity. They were rolling and Bisping put it on harder than usual to prove to Matt that he needs to tone it down (because people can get hurt).

I don't think an armbar in training says anything about either guys' ground skills.
hippysmacker
6/28/07 5:54:22PM

Posted by Rush

Wasn't the armbar to prove a point about Matt's intensity. They were rolling and Bisping put it on harder than usual to prove to Matt that he needs to tone it down (because people can get hurt).

I don't think an armbar in training says anything about either guys' ground skills.

I thought Bisping only cranked because Matt refused to tap. You are right that the other fighter's complained about him going too hard though. Could be a little of each, or either one. Only Bisping and God know for sure why he cranked it.
Rush
6/28/07 6:00:33PM
Now that you mention it, I can't remember if it was cranked or Matt didn't tap. I think Matt did tap and Bisping cranked it a bit, but I'm going purely from memory.
pv3Hpv3p
6/28/07 6:11:43PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Nothing against Hammil, and I don't doubt that he will be able to take Bisping down easily. I think people forget that Bisping is a BJJ blackbelt, and I think he will sub him. Let's not forget it was Bisping who hurt Hammil's arm on the show with that armbar.

I got to disagree with you on this one, HS... No one wanted to wrestle Hamill when they were on the show, and you could see the releif in Bisbing's eyes when he found out that he didn't have to fight him...

Watching Matt Stuff the Count's TD with no hands was amazing... His balance and power will make a big difference in this fight because I think that Michael is a small LHW anyways...

While his jits is good, Hamill is a monster on the ground, and IMO will nullify it... It'll be boring, but I see Hamill squeaking out a UD, and the fight being highly reminisent of Koscheck / Joslin... The def of LnP
hippysmacker
6/28/07 6:16:10PM
I agree that if Hammil wins it will be LnP. I also think Bisping will not Ko him. Hammil ate about 1000 punches in the face from Nickels and kept coming forward, even though I believe Bisping hits harder .He only stood because of the arm injury, so this will be fought on the ground IMO. I just think people underestimate Bispings jits.
nubby
6/28/07 6:19:20PM
I don't underestimate his jits.... his jits is the shits.
pv3Hpv3p
6/28/07 6:23:34PM
Not trying to underestimate MB's jj... I just think with Hamill's strong wrestling base, the work he's been doing with Tito and the guys at punishment, and the fact that he is physically stronger will be the difference, and will lead to the LnP dec