Whats The Worst Decision In UFC/Pride

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Whats The Worst Decision In UFC/Pride
« Previous Page
ghettoprophet
11/13/07 10:57:50PM
i think Hamil won the fight too, but I think it was blown out of proportion because it was such a good fight. I was very much invested in the outcome, and I really wanted Hamil to win but I dont think it was as dominant as people make it out to be. Hamil shouldn't have let Bisbing up, we should have taken any opportunity for ground and pound, hes such a good wrestler it probably wouldnt have gone to decision.
Gipper
1/17/08 1:16:37AM
guida/thomas
guida/griffin
griffin/ortiz
The8One5
1/17/08 1:19:25AM
hamill/bisping
ninja/rampage

(boxing) whittaker/chavez
Pookie
1/17/08 1:44:14AM

Posted by The8One5

hamill/bisping
ninja/rampage

Chavez vs Meldrick taylor for the boxing fans. That shit was down right appaling.

NInja vs Rampage by a long shot though in mma.
Forrest vs ortiz, guida vs griffin, and hamill vs bisbing dont really compare IMO
RampageOwnedYou
1/17/08 2:07:11AM
TOP 3 THAT come to mind

Heith Herring loss to decision against Vitor Belfort Pride 14 clash of the titans
Heith won fight hands down. Horrible decision.

Hamill vs Bisping UFC 75 Split decision win for Bisping.....Horrible...did they even watch the fight?

Mike Aina vs Nick Diaz Diaz win via decissionEkiteXC Uprising

Aina got robbed, huge Diaz fan but he did not win the fight.
Pookie
1/17/08 2:55:35AM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

TOP 3 THAT come to mind

Heith Herring loss to decision against Vitor Belfort Pride 14 clash of the titans
Heith won fight hands down. Horrible decision.

Hamill vs Bisping UFC 75 Split decision win for Bisping.....Horrible...did they even watch the fight?

Mike Aina vs Nick Diaz Diaz win via decissionEkiteXC Uprising

Aina got robbed, huge Diaz fan but he did not win the fight.

I disagree vehemently on the diaz fight

but props for pulling out herring vs vitor.
I didnt even remember that one lol.
The8One5
1/17/08 6:26:23AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by The8One5

hamill/bisping
ninja/rampage

Chavez vs Meldrick taylor for the boxing fans. That shit was down right appaling.

NInja vs Rampage by a long shot though in mma.
Forrest vs ortiz, guida vs griffin, and hamill vs bisbing dont really compare IMO

there were much worse boxing decisions yeah, i just thought id mention the whittaker/chavez fight cus it ended in a draw kinda reminded me how hamill got screwed by the home town crowd by the home town in england, i think bisping won that fight because all the hown town boys lost that night, etim and taylor and bisping all lost that night
telnights
1/17/08 3:34:38PM
1. Mike Bisping vs Matt Hamill
2. Ricco Rodriguez vs Big Nog
3. Rampage Jackson vs Ninja Rua
4. Clay Guida vs Tyson Griffin
5. Wanderlei Silva vs Mark Hunt
6. Yuki Kondo vs Dan Henderson
7. Jeff Joslin vs Jon Fitch
8. Yushin Okami vs Jake Shields
9. Roy Nelson vs Ben Rothwell
10. Hellboy Hansen vs JZ Cavancante
tepid55
1/17/08 7:06:58PM
Tyson Griffin vs Clay Guida was horrible.
Purge
1/18/08 2:04:23PM
Wanderlei/Hunt
CactusBob
1/18/08 3:59:14PM
Definatly not the worst, but worth a mention are Alessio vs Sanchez, and Jardine vs Bonnar.
Kastro
1/18/08 6:32:39PM
Rampage vs Ninja was absolute robbery, even Rampage knew he didnt deserve the decision...

Bonnar vs Jardine is another one that comes to mind.
sambaker425
1/18/08 6:51:30PM
matt won in my books for sure
tberg420
1/19/08 10:37:40AM
If we are mentioning boxing then Ruiz vs Holyfield and MMA would be Bas vs Randelman and Griffin vs Guida.
GraMMA
1/19/08 10:58:05AM
BJ Penn-Caol Uno II How that could've been ruled a draw is beyond me.Penn clearly won and I've always wondered if it was set up as an excuse to get rid of the lw div at the time.No belt so scrap the div.Never made sense to me.
BlazinSaddle
2/7/08 6:17:46PM
hamill/bisping hands down
penn/uno 2 was pretty disgusting as well

prides worst decision is probably rampage/ninja
BelaLugosi
2/7/08 6:46:10PM
ricco/nog
hamil/bisping
ninja/page
mezger/sak
BlazinSaddle
2/7/08 6:48:09PM

Posted by BelaLugosi

mezger/sak

i think mezger forfeit that fight
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
2/7/08 7:13:27PM
im going to say pride ruling nick diaz's win over gomi a no contest.

THat is complete bs. He should get 2 belts for being a pot smoking MMA fighter.

also the fact that pride didnt test for steroids but some how thought marijuana was performance inhancing.
BelaLugosi
2/7/08 7:33:22PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by BelaLugosi

mezger/sak

your right but the decision was ruled a draw.. and it was going to an OT round then ken shamrock went nuts jumped in the ring and ordered guy back to the dressing room and was screaming at yugi and sak but it shouldn't have been a draw in the 1st place guy won that fight but watching ken was funny as shiit
BlazinSaddle
2/7/08 7:44:08PM

Posted by BelaLugosi

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by BelaLugosi

mezger/sak

your right but the decision was ruled a draw.. and it was going to an OT round then ken shamrock went nuts jumped in the ring and ordered guy back to the dressing room and was screaming at yugi and sak but it shouldn't have been a draw in the 1st place guy won that fight but watching ken was funny as shiit

ah...gotcha i should watch that fight to the end
KYGUY07
2/8/08 1:27:56PM
For me it was Ricco vs Nog, Ricco won every round in my opinion, but second would have to be hamill vs bisping
big_timmy
2/8/08 9:51:45PM
Hamill - Bisping (the only reason that went to bisping was because the fight was in England)
Forrest - Tito
Arlovski_Tko
2/10/08 6:15:30PM
I knew I wasn't the only one who thought that Randleman got screwed in his fight with Bas
Pitbull09
2/10/08 6:39:02PM
Hamil and Bisping was badddd
mrsmiley
2/11/08 8:33:28AM
Hamill/Bisping

Hunt/Silva

I thought Saku and Mezger was BS too.though Guy didn't continue into overtime,I really thought he won that fight.
Tein_Lung
2/13/08 3:15:45AM
it seems what people are missing is its not the UFC thats doing the judging its the ACs same with the REFS they are not controled by the UFC anymore and haven't been for a long time.. Yes there have been several WTF calls on who won, but its the Commisions that are to blame not the UFC/Pride...

They need to come up with an MMA scoring something that takes everything into account, for instance JUST because you have the top spot and in someones guards does not mean you are controling the fight, sometimes being held in guard means the guy on the bottom is controling the guy on top. Several fighters out there have better JJ on their backs then they do on the top.

Until they actualy stop using Boxings scoring for MMA there will continue to be screw ups. For instance with the 10 point system, if you lose 1 point you can kiss you win good bye, Its the nature of it, even if you beat the crap out of your opponent your likely not gonna get the nod so you have to finish if you lose a point - Look at the tito Rashad fight...

All in all its not the UFCs fault for the bad calls its the control boards, however they still end up fooking carrers like with Hammil they set him back a good 2 years with that horrid call
Pages: 1 2 [3]