Whats The Worst Decision In UFC/Pride

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Whats The Worst Decision In UFC/Pride
Next Page »
Sam_Rothstein
10/30/07 4:46:06AM
I always wondered what people thought was the worst decision in ufc/pride

a lot of fights have been written off as bad decisions such as bj penn vs gsp and rampage vs ninja rua and more recently michael bisping vs matt hamill.

So what do you think was the worst decision you have ever seen the judges make in UFC or Pride?
Sam_Rothstein
10/30/07 4:47:27AM
I will start it off

I vote michael bisping vs matt hamill
Khaos
10/30/07 5:07:35AM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

I will start it off

I vote michael bisping vs matt hamill

I second this guy 100%

hippysmacker
10/30/07 6:34:02AM
Personally I feel GSP definitely won rounds 2 and 3 vs Penn, so that's out for me. I will say Ricco vs Nog was the worst decision in Pride and Vitor vs Tito was bad in the UFC. Ricco won all rounds IMO, and that was just Pride judges defending their turf. Vitor dropped Tito in the first and clearly won the 2nd to me.
jomatty
10/30/07 7:49:04AM
i second the ricco vs nog vote. that was really bad imo.
thepunisher
10/30/07 8:03:17AM
Ninja VS Rampage was bad even Rampage thought he lost
garrick
10/30/07 10:00:19AM
Hamill vs. Bisping hands down. I'll say it again, Hamill got ripped off!
tuvok500
10/30/07 10:29:09AM
Hamill / Bisping !!! worse decision EVER !!! LOL

atlas777
10/30/07 10:49:33AM
Hammil vs Bisping was the worst decision ever in the UFC, but Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin was a horrible one as well.
loonytnt
10/30/07 11:14:15AM
hammil is #1 but i didnt here clay vs tyson yet? i think that one was bad too
MMAnomale
10/30/07 12:09:32PM
Tito vs. Forrest was bad, but nowhere near as bad as the Hamil/Bisping decision. That was ludicrous.
jgordon85
10/30/07 12:13:24PM
hamill vs bisping of course is first.
guida vs griffin i do not know what fight they were watching.
TNunley
10/30/07 12:14:41PM
I personally feel the Tito/Forrest fight wasn't a bad decision after watching it... it was a close fight either way you look at it, so even if Tito wasn't the "clear" winner... it would be difficult to rank it anywhere close to the worst decision ever.

The one fight where I think the only person who doesn't disagree with the judge's decision was the fighter.... Bisping/Hammill. I don't think there is probably 2 other people in the world besides Bisping himself who actually feels he won that fight.
HulkRage
10/30/07 12:18:10PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Personally I feel GSP definitely won rounds 2 and 3 vs Penn, so that's out for me. I will say Ricco vs Nog was the worst decision in Pride and Vitor vs Tito was bad in the UFC. Ricco won all rounds IMO, and that was just Pride judges defending their turf. Vitor dropped Tito in the first and clearly won the 2nd to me.

I agree 100%. Ricco and Vitor were both robbed.
liddel4prez
10/30/07 1:42:29PM
Randleman/Bas
warglory
10/30/07 1:48:09PM
Hamill/Bisping was definitely up there. I'd also have to add in Rua/Jackson match as a close second.
hook_tothe_body
10/30/07 3:30:06PM
Tito/Griffin wasn't the worst of all time because by UFCs stupid judging/rules (takedowns - even if you don't do anything with them - earn you points,) Tito won that fight. It was close, but I would say Tito won. By those rules. If the fight happened on the street I would say Griffin won because when Tito took Griffin down late in the third, Griffin was the one - from his back - landing the elbows. But the way the UFC judges fights, I don't see anyone ever winning a fight off their back, which is sad.

My vote goes to Rampage/Ninja.
ChokeUout
10/30/07 4:01:11PM
As far as Tito and Forrest, I presonally thought FOrrest won, but I can understand giving it to Tito. It was arguable a 1-8 round for tito in the first, forrest got the second, and in the thrid, forrest landed more strikes, but tito landed some too, the takedown made it a very even round, so it's hard to be mad at that going either way.

Ninja and Rampage was a worse decision, as was vitor and tito...

BUt Yeah, I'd say right now I'd go with Hammill and Bisping. Bisping Lost all 3 rounds in my opinion. Hammil was the agressor and had bisping backing up the whole fight, took bisping down twice in each round, kept landing that Jab at will, and rocked him with a few different hooks. Even if he didn't do alot of damage on the ground, he did Pass the guard into side control and had his back a couple times if I recall. Plus, When bisping got back up, it was becasue hammill let him up, and there were 3 takedownbs where hamill was held down for a minute plus, which counts as Octagon control in my book.

SHould have finished 30-27 in my book. Horrible decision
pv3Hpv3p
10/30/07 4:06:32PM

Posted by liddel4prez

Randleman/Bas

+1... Love Bas and all, but he didn't win that fight
Mitchell740
10/30/07 5:38:48PM
How about Serra and Lytle?
Mitchell740
10/30/07 5:41:44PM

Posted by ChokeUout

As far as Tito and Forrest, I presonally thought FOrrest won, but I can understand giving it to Tito. It was arguable a 1-8 round for tito in the first, forrest got the second, and in the thrid, forrest landed more strikes, but tito landed some too, the takedown made it a very even round, so it's hard to be

I personally call it a draw, it seemed Tito got a 8-2 first and second and third to Forrest.
Lord_Lenny
10/30/07 6:14:04PM
anyone who watches the forrest/ortiz fight without the sound of the announcers and pays attention should have tito winning that fight two rounds to one. it cant be one of the worst decisions if it was right.

Gotta say Hammill, Bisping though, especially because i had all my money on Hammill and him wining UD

SteedTheDeed
10/30/07 6:21:07PM
wand v hunt.
zephead
10/30/07 6:22:58PM
Ricco vs Nog.

Forgot to mention I wasn't to happy with the Herring vs. Beloort decision either
MALICE
10/30/07 8:09:42PM
Hamill/Bisping
Ricco/Nog
cmill21
10/30/07 8:13:35PM

Posted by zephead

Ricco vs Nog.

Forgot to mention I wasn't to happy with the Herring vs. Beloort decision either

That was bad. Pride had a weird way of judging for their fights, but so does the UFC I don't think anyones anywhere near perfected mma judging.
Mastodon2
10/30/07 8:16:15PM
I didn't think Nogueira / Ricco was an off call, Nogueira had some good submission attempts and Ricco didn't do a great deal other than maintain "dominant" position, though is being on top of Nogueira really a dominant position, giving that Nogueira is pretty much amazing off his back?

Tito / Griffin was terrible
Tito / Belfort was also poor
Carlos Newton losing to Daiju Takase was some of the worst judging I've ever seen. Did the judges even watch the fight?!
MALICE
10/30/07 8:16:16PM

I don't think anyones anywhere near perfected mma judging.

Definitely not. But do you ever think they will develop a new style of judging?
cmill21
10/30/07 8:17:59PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

I don't think anyones anywhere near perfected mma judging.

Definitely not. But do you ever think they will develop a new style of judging?

Hoping they will, I figure if mma keeps going on it current pace they will be forced to.
Mastodon2
10/30/07 8:18:52PM

Posted by SteedTheDeed

wand v hunt.

Are you serious? Sure there is a size difference, but Wanderlei didn't have a problem with it and sure wasn't going to ask for a handicap. He got some good striking, but was uneffective on the ground, and unable to hold down or attack Hunt effectively on the ground, even though Hunt's ground ability was minimal at theat point. Hunt just started to outstrike him, even dropped him with that monster hook. I love Wanderlei, but he lost. Happens to the best.
Pages: [1] 2 3