Whats going on with soko and who should he fight next?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Whats going on with soko and who should he fight next?
ricoj3323
2/13/08 1:22:34AM
I was wondering if anyone has heard any news on soko?? well I think he should fight luiz cane next because they are both coming off of losses and soko would take that guy out

What do you think??
Pookie
2/13/08 1:40:53AM
I want to see him fight a strong wrestler
NatedawgThaM
2/13/08 6:19:41AM
IMO The whole surprise effect and not knowing Soko it over. Now he's well known and everybodies watching out for the head kicks. His chins not all that good, and he does not use his judo like I think he should. IMO He should be more like Karo since he has a weak chin.

I also think he should fight Luiz Cane because Luiz is a dangerous striker with great BJJ and that automatically guarantees as long as he follows the rules, Luiz Cane is going to kill him!!!
Pookie
2/13/08 6:22:58AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

IMO The whole surprise effect and not knowing Soko it over. Now he's well known and everybodies watching out for the head kicks. His chins not all that good, and he does not use his judo like I think he should. IMO He should be more like Karo since he has a weak chin.

I also think he should fight Luiz Cane because Luiz is a dangerous striker with great BJJ and that automatically guarantees as long as he follows the rules, Luiz Cane is going to kill him!!!

C'mon theres obviously more to him than that.

He happened to fight the most technically sound striker in the world of MMA, of course he was going to look bad.

BlazinSaddle
2/13/08 6:35:00AM
irvins lucky cane make a stupid mistake or he was going to sleep, nice acting irvin

as for soko, who knows if he fights in the UFC again, lyoto is on another level and he was unprepared to fight that caliber opponent, as for him fighting cane, thats not a good idea wherever the fight goes, soko could catch him but ultimatly it would probably end up with a cane victory by sub or tko
NatedawgThaM
2/13/08 7:25:32AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by NatedawgThaM

C'mon theres obviously more to him than that.

He happened to fight the most technically sound striker in the world of MMA, of course he was going to look bad.

Machida is the most technically sound but there was no striking in that 1st round barely, it was just Machida laying in his half guard getting takedowns at will and Soko wasn't using his Judo to prevent the takedowns or get in a better position. But the one time Machida lands and it was in the second, Soko gets dropped. Not to mention in that WEC fight, it took less then a minute for Soko to get tagged with one punch and dropped.

If he used his judo more, he could be a beast and in the title picture just like Karo. But he's focusing too much on his striking and his chin just does not hold up to that game plan.
prozacnation1978
2/13/08 12:17:43PM
he will fight in may or june just watch,
KYGUY07
2/13/08 1:16:07PM
personally i dont care if he comes back to the ufc, I just cant stand to watch him for some reason, even though he is a decent fighter.
fullerene
2/14/08 10:25:02AM
IMO, the perfecf fight for him is Houston Alexander. They had similar hype for similar style wins and both of them are coming off of losses.
sonicsmokesweed
2/16/08 9:22:45AM

Posted by Pookie

I want to see him fight a strong wrestler

i agree and a perfect matchup[ for Sokoudjou and this point would be Jason Lambert
Ordep
2/16/08 1:21:42PM
the real question is.... where is Nakamura?? he's been more time off than Soko, and at least he lasted the whole fight against Machida.

cmill21
2/16/08 1:39:07PM

Posted by Ordep

the real question is.... where is Nakamura?? he's been more time off than Soko, and at least he lasted the whole fight against Machida.

Yes Nak is a tough tough dude. Incredible judo as well
nickcuc547
2/16/08 1:45:21PM
give him another top guy to see if he's a fluke or not. rashad evans or even tito ortiz would be a good matchup for him.