Whats next for Rampage?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Whats next for Rampage?
chickmagnet
7/10/08 4:13:27PM
I think Rampage should fight Thiago Silva. This could be an explosive fight and it would be a good match for Rampage to try to get back into contension, and a good fight for Thiago to get his recognition that he deserves.

If not Thiago how about Shogun or Sokojou? He has some interessting matchups. Jardine shouldn't fight Rampage at this point in his career. Jardine is risking getting KO'd again if he gets into the same cage as Page.

Rampage fighting Wandy shouldn't happen until Rampage gets a win then the fight would be right to take place.

Thoughts?
eyeforeigneye
7/10/08 4:17:55PM
id love to see him fight Wandy again right away, but it probably wont happen so soon.

Soko would be an interesting fight..
joshryanshepherd
7/10/08 4:19:56PM
SHOGUN. <--you see that period? that means im pretty official!! haha
juanez13
7/10/08 4:21:18PM
maybe he gets get his title shot right away (watch post fight press conference, Dana isnt opposed to it, and seems like he is actually for it)

but i disagree, a fight with Wandy would make sense now, and Shogun vs Soko also makes more sense than matching either one with Page.

chickmagnet
7/10/08 4:24:26PM
No love for Thiago? That would be a great fight.
juanez13
7/10/08 4:27:16PM

Posted by chickmagnet

No love for Thiago? That would be a great fight.

yea it would be a great fight, just dont think it'll happen, i see them Matching Page in a big profile match up, thats one of the reasons Wandy fits the bill for his next opponent.
nickcuc547
7/10/08 4:29:50PM
no other scenario but him getting a rematch with forrest is fair. when your belt to a controversial decision you get a rematch right away.

with that said if he doesn't, i will be heated but he will get shogun or wandy.
DCRage
7/10/08 4:33:50PM
I'm thinking maybe the Liddell-Rashad loser. Winner gets back to maybe one fight from the shot.
Boo_Radley21
7/10/08 5:05:36PM
Give him Machida, winner gets their shot because honestly I don't think Lyoto is deserving yet, but he could be seen as a good win that would get Rampage back, and if Machida can beat Rampage he will move up for sure. And also, the LHW belt probably wont be defended for a while and give time for that fight.

coldchillin
7/10/08 5:13:07PM
too much controversy surrounding the bout with Forrest, the ex-champ should get an immediate rematch even though the fight was very boring. Winner of this fight could get the winner of Liddell-Evans. Have the rematch sooner than later though.

Machida is already the number one challenger but the UFC is going to make him wait. I think a rematch with Franklin @ 205 would be great for him marketing wise but I'm not so sure that Ace can get past Hamill.
JimiMak
7/10/08 5:17:51PM
Since Machida deserves it and it has to be a top 5 guy and they're prob'ly giving the next shot to Chuck.... Machida just makes sense. When he looks just as good or better against Rampage than he's looked so far, ppl are gonna realize and there'll be no choice but to give him his title shot.
Gipper
7/10/08 5:18:16PM
shogun, wand, t.silva, soku, maybe even stephan bonnar.
mrkennedy
7/10/08 5:28:24PM
Shogun
tylerlee123
7/10/08 5:38:55PM
Wandy or Shogun
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/10/08 6:18:15PM
i dont care honestly.....let him fight Chuck again
billycarnage
7/10/08 7:23:00PM

Posted by nickcuc547

no other scenario but him getting a rematch with forrest is fair. when your belt to a controversial decision you get a rematch right away.

What is so contraversial? All three judges had Forrest. Contravesial because Ibarra wants to file a complaint or cause Rampage felt like he wasn't beat bad enough...? Let Forrest have his win. I think Rampage should and will earn it back. Any decision will be contraversial and it's not like they are lacking contenders. They have Machida, Winner of Chuck vs Evans and Wandy if he doesn't fight Page.

I would like to see Wandy vs Page
and Forrest vs Lyoto.
chickmagnet
7/10/08 7:30:40PM

Posted by billycarnage

Posted by nickcuc547

What is so contraversial? All three judges had Forrest. Contravesial because Ibarra wants to file a complaint or cause Rampage felt like he wasn't beat bad enough...? Let Forrest have his win. I think Rampage should and will earn it back. Any decision will be contraversial and it's not like they are lacking contenders. They have Machida, Winner of Chuck vs Evans and Wandy if he doesn't fight Page.

I would like to see Wandy vs Page
and Forrest vs Lyoto.

Sounds good, Juanito should just retire. He should be a man of his word, he said if Forrest beats Rampage he would retire so be an honest person and retire and stop complaining.

Remember, Forrest came out with the W!!
ChokeUout
7/11/08 12:38:14AM
Aw Man, do we HAVE to keep bitching about the decision? SOme People think FOrrest won, some think Jackson won (I'm one of those people). But can we at least put that convo in one of the 47 threads dedicated to that fight?

Anywho. Here's a bold prediction. Rampage's next 4 fights will be rematches: Shogun, Forrest, Wanderlei, Chuck, in any order. In fact, Chuck is the only one that won't happen right away, the other 3 are possibilities.

If somehow Rashad beats chuck, i think they'll give Rampage an immediate Rematch. But of course they're gonna give Chuck the title shot if he wins. In which case, I'd absolutely LOVE to see Wanderlei/Rampage inside the octagon
Pookie
7/11/08 5:11:21AM
Anyone, honestly
Naturaldisaster
7/11/08 1:42:19PM
Shogun is comin off a big loss, and so is rampage. Shogun is still one of the top LHW in the world and so is rampage so they should fight in december, shogun should be ready by then
jawbreaker517
7/11/08 1:53:59PM
id say if liddell finishes evans in dramatic fashion, even though it wouln't be a title fight, id still like to see rampage vs liddell again.
KYGUY07
7/11/08 4:27:42PM
I say give him either shogun in december, or jardine, all 3 cming off losses, they would both be good fights for him.
NatedawgThaM
7/12/08 10:53:32AM
Probably Wandy or Machida.

If Wandy wins, he most likely gets a title shot after beating the #1 contender at the time and the former champ. But if Rampage wins he avenges two devastating losses and takes a big step towards a title rematch or being the first person to give Machida an L since I think that's who they will give Machida to hold him off of a title shot.
theguido
7/13/08 1:22:25AM
the Shogun fight makes sense there is good hype behind it because of there past and it is one of those must win fights for both not saying either is in danger of being dropped just that to start climbing the LHW ladder they need a big win.
Jackelope
7/13/08 1:47:27AM
After a year long layoff and 2 surgeries I'd like to see Shogun get a good tune up fight before he jumps in with Rampage.

Thiago is a good thought for a match up, but I'm not sure Thiago has the marquee name to sell.

Wandy seems like a great match up, but if the UFC wants to build Jackson for another title fight, this would be a bad idea.

I don't want to see Chuck vs. Rampage again.

Machida fits the bill on paper, but Rampage won't bring the fight enough against Machida to make it an interesting fight. Machida has a less aggressive style and even better footwork than Forrest. This would be a boring match for the casual fan. Personally, I love watching me some Machida chess.

So, of all those evils I go with Wandy again. I think Jackson stands a better chance at beating him this time than he did in the previous 2 fights. It will be a slugfest, and both fighters have a lot to gain from a W. There's no question in my mind that the winner of Page/Wandy 3 would be #1 contender. (Outside of the Machida factor) It just seems to make the most sense.

Then again, I could be talking out my ass simply because I'd kill to see another Wandy on Page beat down the likes of Wandy/Page 2.