whats with pride?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » whats with pride?
JunCTion
5/6/07 1:50:04AM
whats with the pride website?

and when is the next event besides total, critical, final?

does anyone know a what pace the fritos are gonna start promoing & having events?

it kinda stinks that there was only 2 prides in the first playground season.
xthe_scottx
5/6/07 1:58:51AM
The next PRIDE event will probably be the LWGP which is going to be on July 16. Full ownership of the company wasn't turned over until May 1, so we should now start hearing about upcoming events.
JunCTion
5/6/07 2:05:36AM
but thats the date for critical countdown, and isnt total elimination supposed to be before critical countdown?

it would be nice if there were pride fight nights and unleashes too and maybe a couple FREEPVs to get the balls rolling
Zvonimir
5/6/07 2:09:53AM
They pushed total elmination back, so thats its tentative new date.
xthe_scottx
5/6/07 2:10:15AM

Posted by JunCTion

but thats the date for critical countdown, and isnt total elimination supposed to be before critical countdown?

it would be nice if there were pride fight nights and unleashes too and maybe a couple FREEPVs to get the balls rolling

July 16 is when the LWGP starts, here is the source:
Link

Also, I too would like to see some free PRIDE events and just to let you know, they have a show similar to UFC unleashed on FSN. Trigg and Glazer host it and they show a few fights from PRIDE each episode. It's on sunday nights.
JunCTion
5/6/07 2:49:54PM

Posted by xthe_scottx

Posted by JunCTion

Link

Also, I too would like to see some free PRIDE events and just to let you know, they have a show similar to UFC unleashed on FSN. Trigg and Glazer host it and they show a few fights from PRIDE each episode. It's on sunday nights.

yeah i watch the FSN show but its usually the same 6 or 8 shows repeated over & over again. im just hoping that the fritos run it a little more like unleashed. although it would be cool if they came up with some kind of early archive show to show some of those early fights with the older fighters when they were in their prime and bas quadros. that would be cool history for fans that have never seen pride.
zephead
5/6/07 3:22:10PM

Posted by JunCTion

Dana said that he is working on a TV deal for Pride and that it should be announced soon
JimiMak
5/6/07 3:27:03PM
We're all hatin this slight hiatus, but changing such large companies over takes lot of legal and financial work. I think the longer the hiatus the more it hurts the product, but once the events start goin again hopefully they'll roll at around the same pace as UFC.
JunCTion
5/7/07 3:23:06AM
2 or more PPVs a month between the two would be awsome.
a couple fight nights between both each month
maybe a few unleaches and pride on fx a week
a pride reality show. maybe have one show with 1 team for pride and 1 for ufc and the team thats picks the fight gets their cage or their ring.

if dana is about MMA and not just the UFC he could push this to the top mainstream sport to watch.
then ppv, freepv, cabletv, nationaltv, hbo, showtime, even espn.

holy cow
Buddharox
5/7/07 3:38:18AM
LWGP is going to be so amazing. Any of the match ups are going to be craaazy good.
JunCTion
5/7/07 3:48:26AM

Posted by Buddharox

LWGP is going to be so amazing. Any of the match ups are going to be craaazy good.

i wonder if theyll get ufc fighters in the mix?
warglory
5/7/07 11:15:48AM

Posted by xthe_scottx

Posted by JunCTion

Link

This article also stated that PRIDE 35 would be sometime in June.
AchillesHeel
5/7/07 11:16:48AM

Posted by JunCTion

I'm pretty sure that Dana White has said no. He wants time to promote an inter-organizational card. My guess is that he'll try to set up a New Year's Eve show, a la Shockwave, with all cross-promotion matchups.
warglory
5/7/07 11:18:45AM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Buddharox

I believe Dana stated in a past interview that they would not have any crossover for this tourney.
JunCTion
5/7/07 8:08:19PM
it'd be nice if eventually there was 1 crossover fight at each orgs events
and hopefully good match ups between contenders.