Whats next for King Mo Lawal?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Whats next for King Mo Lawal?
BustedKnuckle
12/22/09 10:08:37PM
I really thought that Mike Whithead would have been a bit tougher match for King Mo but, he stepped up to the challenge. His striking is very unothadox. Its a combo...wrestling/caveman strikes!! And it was effective against Whithead. That said who is next for Mo? With Lashley signing I dont see why SF doesn't make this fight hapen. Lots of draw and maybe they could put it on thier next CBS card!!??
mshalosky
12/23/09 12:53:22AM
i dont see why he would continue to fight at heavyweight when he is a natural middleweight. Its ridiculus especially for a young fighter. i wanna see a match with henderson both are great wrestlers so it would probably be a standup war with two guys with tons of power. Maybe give king mo a gimme fight before the hendo match since hendersons fighting shields first.
sparky
12/23/09 11:30:46AM
King Mo vs Mousasi
Kpro
12/23/09 11:59:54AM
since Mike Kyle took out Feijao, I think he should face Kyle, winner being the next contender to Mousasi's title leapfrogging Babalu and Sokoudjou since they've already recently lost to the champ.

Of course that depends if Hendo fights at 185 or 205.

Or if they don't want to fast-track him there's Randleman, Ruiz, Southworth, Rosa, etc.
sbulldavid
12/23/09 5:36:43PM
I think Mo needs to fight a former top ten guy like Babalu, I wasn't that impressed with him and I think he needs to fight some skill guys, I would rather see him get submitted a few times than get knocked out before he cleans his striking up a bit. He's physically gifted and he is going to be around for a while.
deezyo
12/31/09 12:15:31AM
i think sokoudjou would be a good test for him
NatedawgThaM
1/2/10 6:24:49PM

Posted by Kpro

since Mike Kyle took out Feijao, I think he should face Kyle, winner being the next contender to Mousasi's title leapfrogging Babalu and Sokoudjou since they've already recently lost to the champ.

Of course that depends if Hendo fights at 185 or 205.

Or if they don't want to fast-track him there's Randleman, Ruiz, Southworth, Rosa, etc.

I agree. I'd go with not fast tracking him. Give him Randleman or one of those guys mentioned, like 2 of them, probably Randleman since they could market him as "former UFC Heavyweight champion" even over the fact he's lost 2 straight. So give him 2 of them, and let Soko or Babalu win again, and then can take out one of them before he gets Mousai or Hendo.

Mike Kyles a good one too. I'd love to see him whoop his ass.
jkwmma
1/14/10 10:23:27PM
i think that king mo should fight soukudjou or maybe k-rad. these would be good so he can get more fights under his belt before he fights the very top guys. i do think he is at that level, but just want him to try and clean out the strikeforce LHW division
chubbud22
1/18/10 10:48:21AM

Posted by sparky

King Mo vs Mousasi

State_Champ
1/18/10 1:37:37PM
King Mo vs Bobby Lashley
MMAGuru
1/18/10 9:35:40PM
It depends on who is avalible to fight and at what weight class. If at heavyweight he could fight lashley, rogers, or mike kyle. At LHW he could fight Sokoudjou, randleman or sobral. I just hope they don't spoon feed him to much because if he is every in the position to fight for the title i think gegard could possibly smash him.
Fjaschler
1/19/10 12:04:55AM

Posted by sparky

King Mo vs Mousasi

That seems to be the popular talk right now but honestly I think it's a little early for that. This is what I'm hoping for...
Mousasi vs. Dan Henderson for the LHW strap
King Mo vs. Soko (only because he won't fight Babalu)
If Mo wins make him next in line for Mousasi, if Soko somehow pulls off the unthinkable make him fight Babalu the winner of that match gets the next title shot.
chubbud22
1/26/10 11:16:46AM

Posted by sparky

King Mo vs Mousasi

It would be intereting