Whats under your hood? (computer hardware)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Whats under your hood? (computer hardware)
shackle
5/3/07 2:28:02PM
Buy hood I mean computer case :)

Just curious what everyone has.

I just upgraded a few months ago, I build my own PC's.

here is what I'm running: (got everything at newegg.com)
case: Antec Performance One P180B 3x 120mm fans.
Power supply: rosewill glossy 500 watt
Ram: Ocz 1gig stick ddr2 pc-5400
CPU: core 2 duo e6300
Graphics: EVGA 7900gt (damn... right when direct x 10 cards come out!)
Motherborad: cheap, but good asus board... had to sacrifice something lol.

I use the setup for gaming/web design, and it was about time for a upgrade, but you can never stay up to date unless your supa rich lol. I really like it thought the case is much bigger then you would expect not sure if thats good or bad though. I need to get 2 gigs of ram though.

Anyone upgraded to vista I hear it's pretty much pointless all you get is a pretty AERO (wow pretty colors lol), and I hear there isn't a performance upgrade at least not until direct x 10 comes out.
rcg916
5/3/07 2:57:27PM
My machine came with vista....... and yes. the pretty colors are the extent of the perks so far. In fact I find a huge number of programs that actually ARE NOT compatible with Vista, thus limiting my possibilities...

Yeah, it sucks, for now. Im sure everything will cross over soon enough.
shackle
5/3/07 3:07:00PM
Yeah microsoft really disappointed me with vista...

I guess everyone was expecting a huge performance upgrade as I thought too. Most are saying it runs slower then xp, and recommend 2 gigs of ram if you play games. Maybe the 64bit processors that has been push so long now will actually be used some day....

The pretty colors just don't do it for me :(

Yeah and as you said most software not working guess I'll be sticking with XP till big vista improvements come out.

I really hate how they try to force you to have vista now too. (example selling games that require vista, and taking XP off the shelfs)

It seems like a UI upgrade then a whole new OS.

Posted by rcg916

My machine came with vista....... and yes. the pretty colors are the extent of the perks so far. In fact I find a huge number of programs that actually ARE NOT compatible with Vista, thus limiting my possibilities...

Yeah, it sucks, for now. Im sure everything will cross over soon enough.