Whats the hold up on Keith?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Whats the hold up on Keith?
theguido
2/5/08 2:55:31PM
Why doesn't Jardine have a fight yet but chuck has fought once and is scheduled again? Is the UFC screwin Keith; and Why???
bullettdodger
2/5/08 3:03:42PM
He isn't as popular/marketable as Chuck or Shogun... it sucks but it really does look like they're screwin Jardine over here... never know though
Jackelope
2/5/08 3:11:08PM
He'll be back for sure. I think right now there's just no marketable fights for him. With him having already fought Liddell, Forrest, Alexander, and Rashad there's not much they can do with him til some of this sorts itself out.

Personally I still think there should be a rematch with Forrest, but that's just me talking and it doesn't matter anyway cuz now Forrest is dedicated to TUF. They might be setting him up with a match against Machida, but that would be months and months down the road.

Point is- I don't think it's the UFC hating on him as much as I think it's just that he is in a strange position as far as the rankings go.
madfrog0
2/5/08 3:20:47PM
scared lol
rabbit915
2/5/08 3:23:24PM
Yeah i think its just that he has fought all meaningful competition right now and the rankings need to shift a bit so he has somebody to fight. They could have him fight a can but i dont think he wants to risk a loss because hes next in line for the title shot (or should be).
Boo_Radley21
2/5/08 3:28:11PM
I thought I read a while ago that Keith was taking until March off.
ocho-cinco
2/5/08 3:36:38PM

Posted by Jackelope

He'll be back for sure. I think right now there's just no marketable fights for him. With him having already fought Liddell, Forrest, Alexander, and Rashad there's not much they can do with him til some of this sorts itself out.

Personally I still think there should be a rematch with Forrest, but that's just me talking and it doesn't matter anyway cuz now Forrest is dedicated to TUF. They might be setting him up with a match against Machida, but that would be months and months down the road.

Point is- I don't think it's the UFC hating on him as much as I think it's just that he is in a strange position as far as the rankings go.

I agree, especially with the Forest re-match. I'm getting sick of TUF draging out title fights. If one of thoes guys gets injured like Serra did, I'm going to snap.
kevietre
2/5/08 3:45:57PM
I think Rampage got injured after the Hendo fight so he should be healing up while coaching TUF that why by the time it ends and the time it airs they should already be into training for their fight. As far as Jardine goes I think he rises to the occasion when he's under pressure like in the Forrest and Liddell fights but takes guys lightly like GSP did with Serra. This is why he got whooped by Houston. If they put a challenging guy in front of Keith he will have a good fight but if they give him a can we could see him get upset.
LuketheDuke
2/5/08 3:50:37PM
they should have him fight wand
AchillesHeel
2/5/08 4:10:39PM

Posted by LuketheDuke

they should have him fight wand

It's a possibility.

From that article:

At the UFC 81 press conference, Dana White came very close to announcing who Wanderlei Silva’s next opponent would be - stopping short at the last second per Joe Silva’s urging.

One thing White did confirm though was when the match-up will take place.

"Wanderlei Silva will be fighting on the May card,” White said.

Earlier in the evening, I spoke with Keith Jardine. Jardine stated the following about his future:

"The UFC wants me to have a high profile big fight - a main event quality fight. So, it should be somebody really good - hopefully in May,” said Jardine.

Looking at the list of potential opponents for Jardine in May, I can only see one fighter that is not busy who fits the profile of being a main event or co-main event fight. That is Wanderlei Silva. The fact that Silva is also scheduled to be fighting in May appears to make the match-up all the more likely.

Purge
2/5/08 4:31:25PM
They should sign Rogerio Nogueira and have him face Jardine.
whardin19
2/5/08 5:38:16PM
Yeah, I was kind of curious as to where Keith Jardine was too. If this whole Silva/Jardine thing is true this could be a sick fight! A slugfest for sure! Not sure it's a Main Event type of fight though. Could be a awesome Co-Main Event though. But who knows how the UFC thinks. There were some pretty weak Main Event fights last year, so this wouldn't be a bad Main Event.
mrsmiley
2/5/08 6:21:06PM

Posted by Purge

They should sign Rogerio Nogueira and have him face Jardine.

Good idea.After Big Nogs win,I have wondered if they have considered that yet.
bls1919
2/5/08 7:18:21PM
Bringing in Little Nog could be a very interesting fight. i think another great fight for fans anyway would be against Silvia
bls1919
2/5/08 7:22:04PM
my bad i meant SILVA
Kastro
2/5/08 7:28:04PM
Im still not sold on Keith, the man is a warrior and all but I just see a lot of awkwardness in hise game and some obvious things he needs to work on....

Perhaps im wrong as thats just my opinion. I would like to see Keith vs Sokodjou it will be a good test for Keith, and it will give Sokodjou a chance to stand with someone and not be too worried about their ground game.... very enetertaining match-up right there!
jessmar
2/5/08 11:08:26PM
i dont remember anything about him taking time off,but he does deserve to fight.
sinister_16
4/8/08 9:25:50AM
im hope keith jardine gets a title shot against Rampage so Rampage will destroy him in the very first round ko that would be hilarious because i hate Keith but it won't happen because Keith won't even make it through Wanderlei
casey64
4/8/08 9:49:28AM
Yeah he is not a marketable as Chuck or Shogun