Whats the one fight you've always wanted to see happen?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Whats the one fight you've always wanted to see happen?
Taylor8766
11/9/08 11:14:00PM
I'm so happy that Franklin and Henderson are finally fighting, I've always wanted to see these two go at it and I cant wait to see it I know its going to be a good fight. So which fight have you always wanted to see happen.
seanfu
11/10/08 12:01:58AM
Mayweather vs any top 25 LW so he can shut the fuk up. He apoligized after Dana offered him a title shot at Sherk and then he gets on BET Iron Ring and talks some more.

But MMA all time- tough to say. Probably Chuck vs Wandy in 2005. Pride rules and ring.

I think His best fights were in the ring in Pride. (Talented Strikers)

Rampage Tito in 2004 could have been one of the greatest fights in history.
Twenty20Dollars
11/10/08 12:03:33AM
I would say awhile back it was Liddell vs W. Silva and it didnt disapoint.
Khaos
11/10/08 1:25:18AM
Ricco Rodriguez vs Josh Barnett in 2002, could have had real potential for an all out ground war. I'd even enjoy seeing it nowadays.
mentalcase
11/10/08 1:40:50AM
bas rutten Vs rickson gracie- when bas called him out -i dont know what year that was
bojangalz
11/10/08 2:52:07AM

Posted by mentalcase

bas rutten Vs rickson gracie- when bas called him out -i dont know what year that was

Bas Rutten vs (Fill in the blank) UFC rules. Poor Bas...his career and talent was really wasted by those damn pancrase rules. I would have loved to see him work under the unified rules. I'm not sure there were too many who could have stopped him.
mentalcase
11/10/08 4:12:21AM
um bas wasnt that good did u see the fight with randlman yeah i know all randlman did was take him down and lay on him, and rutten was active at the bottom but that was hardly an insperational performance- if you dont want to by layed on stuff the takedown and go for the ko like chuck did

now i like bas as much as the next guy
but why dose eveybody think hes that good- he knew what was best for him and retired after earning a belt he knew he probly couldnt defend- ( i think Rizzo & Williams would have both beat him at the time)
so retire go to pride do colour comentry, and hes a funny guy and he keeps his good looking record with no losses since kenny subed him in 95

really who has bas ever beaten that was that good?
haggiswashere
11/10/08 4:18:07AM

Posted by mentalcase

um bas wasnt that good did u see the fight with randlman yeah i know all randlman did was take him down and lay on him, and rutten was active at the bottom but that was hardly an insperational performance- if you dont want to by layed on stuff the takedown and go for the ko like chuck did

but why dose eveybody think hes that good- he knew what was best for him and retired after earning a belt he knew he probly couldnt defend- ( i think Rizzo & Williams would have both beat him at the time)
so retire go to pride do colour comentry, and hes a funny guy and he keeps his good looking record with no losses since kenny subed him in 95

The shamrock brothers like a thousand times lol, Vernon White, Guy Mezger. He was really good. Im bias because he is one of my favorites but ya

EDIT: Plus he has gone 21-0-1 in his last 22 fights!!!!!!
mentalcase
11/10/08 4:27:15AM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by mentalcase

The shamrock brothers like a thousand times lol, Vernon White, Guy Mezger. He was really good. Im bias because he is one of my favorites but ya

yeah ok hes 0-2 againt ken 2-1 against frank (loss MD won SD won via cut)
well he beat Jason Delucia 3 times and Suzuki mezger white Funaki
nothing really impressive i think alot of people just say he was really good cause they like him cause hes a charismatic guy
Aaronno9
11/10/08 8:51:16AM
Um, Bas was forced to retire due to injury, not becouse he wanted to keep a good record... he had never planned to defend the HW belt anyways, becouse he was moving down in weight class.

Back on topic, I always wanted to see wandy vs chuck, more to shut up all of Chucks critics more than anything, and it was worth the wait. Another fight i always wanted to see was Shogun vs Wandy. Id like to see Rich Franklin fight Forrest to, but id rather wait until Rich is back to a decent sized LHW before that happens since Forrest his huge.
fullerene
11/10/08 9:19:58AM
A lot of the fights I wanted to see have lost some of their luster now:

Ruas vs. Royce
Sakuraba vs.Rickson
Couture vs. Yoshida
Antonio Silva vs. Brock Lesnar
Kid Yamamoto vs. Urijiah Faber

This one is still relevant, though:

Couture vs. Fedor
mkiv9secsupra
11/10/08 9:20:29AM
Liddell vs Wanderlei already happened
Tito vs Wanderlei 2
CC or AA vs Couture.... to retire Randy for good.....

my new all time fight i want to see.....Dan Henderson vs Wanderlei 3!!!!

Rush
11/10/08 9:45:09AM
There are a ton of interesting match ups that I've wanted to see happen.

Most of them are either never going to happen (fighters are too old) or could happen.

Right now, I think might these would be interesting

HM Choi vs. Tim Sylvia
Norifumi Yamamoto vs. a top 5 UFC LW
tepid55
11/10/08 10:46:17AM
I think Rodriguez vs Barnett could still be a pretty good fight if it happens in DREAM.
mrsmiley
11/10/08 2:33:22PM
Bas VS Rickson as mentioned above.At the time Bas called him out,I truley believe they both were the best.

Another one is Rickson VS Sakuraba.
That fight should of happened.
mrsmiley
11/10/08 2:46:50PM

Posted by mentalcase

The thing is you have to look at it from the time Bas was fighting.
Take a look at Minuro Suzuki.Sure his record isn't stellar,but at the time (when he fought Bas),the dude was looking tough.He had won his last 5 fights by submission.Most of them in the first round.And two of the guys he had beaten were Ken Shamrock and Maurice Smith.Keep in mind,back at that time Shamrock and Smith were 2 of the baddest guys around and Suzuki took them both to town.
Then Bas comes in and demolishes him in under 5 minutes.
You also have to look back at what Bas was doing for his time.He was knocking people out in dramatic fashion,half the time without ever having to close his fist to do it.
A lot of the time we look at records or older fights,and we can't feel the hype or the significane they had back then.
RandyCouture
11/11/08 12:39:38AM
Forrest vs Shogun both at 100% it would be an all out war
higdon10
11/11/08 4:18:00PM
Penn/Gomi
Ortiz/Babalu
Couture/Fedor
CwB
11/11/08 5:13:37PM
fedor vs barnett
fedor vs aa
fedor vs couture

if fedor wins all of those then he will definatly be the best of all time (so far)

other fights

Lee murray vs tito 2
Shorty
11/15/08 4:28:34PM
Aleks vs AA
Big Nog vs Randy
Chuck vs Wandy 2003 Pride Grand Prix, would have been the biggest fight ever imo.