whats your favorite type of music?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » whats your favorite type of music?
Next Page »
Naturaldisaster
10/25/08 4:02:57AM
Mines country, and some hip hop/rap
haggiswashere
10/25/08 6:11:19AM
Metal and sometimes classic metal. (i like variety) note my shirt... even though they are classic rock i like all metal from old stuff (sabbath, metallica, zz top, Ozzy of course) to current (Lamb of God, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Slipknot, Korn)
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
DCRage
10/25/08 7:37:52AM
Right now it's chiptunes/SID music. 8 bit, no s**t!
Jimbo
10/25/08 7:46:22AM
i like both kinds of music, country AND western.... lol j/k i actually cant stand them

i mostly listen to metal and heavy metal but i like alot of different types of music and lots of different bands, some of my favourite bands are

CKY
the Cure
Katatonia
Bone Thugs n Harmony
RATM
lots of different techno
Soulfly
Lostprophets
Nelly is ok
Prince lol
Royksopp
Turbonegro
Beastie Boys

so yeh, what i like varies alot.
owen1
10/25/08 7:46:39AM
Hip-Hop.
Mostly older hip-hop aswell,like Tupac,Wu-tang,Big L,Nas..
breakdown5
10/25/08 8:41:46AM
metal and hardcore such as The Acacia Strain, Unearth, Heal These Wounds, etc.
postman
10/25/08 8:52:27AM
Metal, Punk, Rap mostly 90's rap.

Metal:
All That Remains
Machinehead
Darkest hour
etc

Punk
No use for a name
Strung Out
Mellincollin
etc

2Pac
Wu Tang
Too Short
I like the Game now
Rush
10/25/08 9:01:53AM
Trance
Classical
New Age experimental
disorderlyvision
10/25/08 10:05:43AM
Death Metal
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/25/08 11:14:41AM
too many bands or groups to name to give u an idea of what i listen to

i listen to everything from marvin gaye to lil wayne to three 6 mafia.
i listen to everything from interpol to system of a down to mastodon

system is my fav though, although RAGE is a close second
ive seen both live although its unfair to compare the shows as SOAD was in a venue in ATL & RAGE was at voodoofest last year over 40k folks were there.....WICKED!!
dannyfrank
10/25/08 11:21:58AM
i cant pick a favorite genre, but some of my favorite bands are RATM, NOFX, Death Cab for Cutie, and a bunch of other stuff. my ipod ranges from rap, to country, to metal, to folk punk. i got everything except for techno
MMAcca
10/25/08 12:07:35PM
Rock - both old and new stuff
Proper Hip-Hop - None of this 50 pence/The Gay(m) crap

Stuff like The Clash, The Ramones, The Kinks, The Byrds also.
Branwest
10/25/08 12:12:37PM
I love so much music. I love metal (not too much of the newer crap), some Punk like NOFX (which really isn't punk in my mind because they're too talented to be labeled as punk), and I like Shooter Jennings, and alot of classic rock.

But right now, my favorite music is listening to BOB DYLAN. I can't help it, the man was a genius. Bring on the attacks from all of you. He may not have the best voice in the world, but I love his music. Different strokes for different folks. We all have different tastes. I don't knock anyone for liking rap just because I don't. Although I do like some rap, just not alot. Also, because I grew up on it. I'm a huge fan of bluegrass, and that will be made fun of for sure. But hey, I do live in Kentucky.
iwannabesedated
10/25/08 1:10:26PM
zephead
10/25/08 1:21:49PM
Rock
Blues
Ordep
10/25/08 1:35:42PM
Punk from Argentina and Spain
Ska-Punk
Ska
Electronic
Salsa!
emfleek
10/25/08 1:36:15PM
Blues
Classic Country
Bluegrass
artofdefense
10/25/08 2:27:40PM
"Punk
No use for a name
Strung Out
Mellincollin
etc"

LOL do you like Simple Plan too?

These are not punk bands, they are pop-punk bands made popular by MTV and Clear Channel, sell out one and all, corporate music creations to steal our culture, cover it in sugar and bubble wrap and sell it back to us. Disgusts me.

Obviously I'm a Punk Rocker.

On my MP3 player:

-Minor Threat
-NOFX
-Teen Idles
-SKA-P
-Choking Victims
-Leftover Crack
-Citizen Fish
-Bad Brains
-Anti Flag

ncordless
10/25/08 3:03:41PM
Jazz, bluegrass, really good rock and rap.
iwannabesedated
10/25/08 4:26:20PM

Posted by artofdefense

"Punk
No use for a name
Strung Out
Mellincollin
etc"

These are not punk bands, they are pop-punk bands made popular by MTV and Clear Channel, sell out one and all, corporate music creations to steal our culture, cover it in sugar and bubble wrap and sell it back to us. Disgusts me.

On my MP3 player:

-Minor Threat
-NOFX
-Teen Idles
-SKA-P
-Choking Victims
-Leftover Crack
-Citizen Fish
-Bad Brains
-Anti Flag

You pull his card for listening to Pop-Punk then you finish your list with Anti-Flag HAHAHA. if anyone sold out its those guys.How do you go from Captain Anarchy and die for your government to a song like 1 trillion dollars FFS they were on Madden 08.What makes you so punk anyways??? Your studded belt and chain wallet from hot topic or just because you rock out to shitty bands on hell cat records??..Stealing your cultue hahaha...Ian Mackeye is responsible for shitty emo bands that are stealing your cutlure maybe you should research before you speak...NOFX had a TV show on Fuse that soo un -mainstream....your funny dude.
Aaronno9
10/25/08 4:36:07PM

Posted by artofdefense

"Punk
No use for a name
Strung Out
Mellincollin
etc"

On my MP3 player:

-Minor Threat
-NOFX
-Teen Idles
-SKA-P
-Choking Victims
-Leftover Crack
-Citizen Fish
-Bad Brains
-Anti Flag

Strung out pop punk?

Comparing strung out or no use for a name to simple plan is just retarded. Their both of fat wreck last time i checked anyways, so if their selling out then so are nofx.
Aaronno9
10/25/08 4:39:24PM
At the moment im mainly listening to thrice, alkaline trio, death cab, propagandhi and goldfinger.
dannyfrank
10/25/08 5:57:52PM

Posted by Branwest

I love so much music. I love metal (not too much of the newer crap), some Punk like NOFX (which really isn't punk in my mind because they're too talented to be labeled as punk), and I like Shooter Jennings, and alot of classic rock.

But right now, my favorite music is listening to BOB DYLAN. I can't help it, the man was a genius. Bring on the attacks from all of you. He may not have the best voice in the world, but I love his music. Different strokes for different folks. We all have different tastes. I don't knock anyone for liking rap just because I don't. Although I do like some rap, just not alot. Also, because I grew up on it. I'm a huge fan of bluegrass, and that will be made fun of for sure. But hey, I do live in Kentucky.

no hate coming your way, man. bob dylan is the greatest lyricist to ever walk the face of the earth.
Sledge23
10/25/08 6:09:17PM
Beatles, and anyone of the fab 4's solo stuff.
And any kind of piano type music(Billy Joel, Elton John, etc).
loller90278
10/25/08 8:46:28PM
right now my main squeezes are:

moby
ATB
the black keys
showtek
Rush
10/25/08 9:54:04PM

Posted by loller90278

moby

Genius
warglory
10/26/08 2:30:09AM
I am a die hard metal fan! In fact, I have to give a shameless plug to my blog:

www.allmetalresource.com

It's been rated a top 10 heavy metal blog by About.com, you guys who are fans of metal should check it out.
loller90278
10/26/08 4:16:58AM

Posted by Rush

Posted by loller90278

moby

Genius

yeah im stuck on go: the very best of moby.

cant believe ive never liked him that much anymore
warglory
10/26/08 4:56:30AM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Rush

Posted by loller90278

moby

Genius

yeah im stuck on go: the very best of moby.

cant believe ive never liked him that much anymore

Dude, please don't take offense to this question because I am genuinely curious.

Is your usage of "anymore" in your sentence correct grammar? I have seen a lot of people on the Net who have good English skills use it in this form, and to me it sounds really incorrect.

Sorry to sidetrack the conversation, but this really sparks my interest.
Branwest
10/26/08 4:21:46PM
What bothers me is these music companies that take 'good-looking' people and put a band around them, TELL them what to sing and how to sing it and put alot of money behind them and make them an expensive video and throw them out there. Most of these people can't perform live and have no true talent.

Music companies should give complete control to the ARTISTS. I don't give a crap what they look like, it's about the MUSIC. Don't get me wrong, I like looking at some of these hotties, but I HATE their music. Some of the best artists and bands of all time are ugly dudes and chicks.

Blues, jazz, bluegrass, it's great music. But when it gets taken over by these menacing companies, it gets muddled and made-over, and , IMO, ruined. Some of the best music you'll never hear on the pop-stations on radio or on MTV or whatever. You have to go find it. But when you do, it's well worth the search. Unfortunately, this horrible process of MAKING so-called 'artists' isn't going to change anytime soon. The music companies are making too much money throwing these fake people out there. People like Britney Spears, or most of these new 'rock' bands you see on MTV. Most of these guys aren't writing their own songs/lyrics. It's horrible. What happened to the days of the sixties and seventies? Even if you don't like the music, you have to respect that most of these people were creating their own music and experimenting with different sounds. Now, its a world of crap. Most good music is either on independent labels, or on major labels but have provisions in their contract to have full-control of the music they put out (which is rare unless you've been around a long time and are already 'proven').
Pages: [1] 2