Whats your favorite submission

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Whats your favorite submission
Next Page »
george112
2/6/07 4:57:46PM
Personally my favorite is the triangle choke...but id like to here you alls to...so lets hear em...
DeadguY
2/6/07 5:03:07PM
I like the traingle too just cause you also have the option for a quick arm bar if you have problems with it.
bayonetxwork
2/6/07 5:40:01PM
Drop in leg locks. Ya know, when your about to get choked out, but instead you hyperextend their knee, yeah them.
JunCTion
2/6/07 6:06:41PM
this is a cheesy answer, but i like when a fighter gets caught in a sub that they're known for using. if i remember, hughes caught trigg in a rear naked choke twice, then criticized him for not being able to defend it, then he got caught by bj
Cobbs666
2/6/07 6:12:09PM
when someone is beaten into submission
JunCTion
2/6/07 6:13:51PM
tapping out do to strikes is pretty cool
pv3Hpv3p
2/6/07 6:29:04PM
Leg locks get iffy when the submitee is too flexible (like Frank Edgar, well he just plain toughed it out too)

Triangle Chokes are an excellent fight ender, unless you're fighting an overwhelmingly powerful fighter (Hughes / Newton, Rampage / Arona)

I'm old school, I like a solid guilottine (sp), gator roll, N/S, Anaconda, arm triangle... A lot of front chokes, because they are most plausible in a real fighting situation, IMO...

With that being said, Aoki's gogoplata was sick...
crimethinc
2/6/07 6:33:32PM
I just like doing arm triangles. I don't know why. But I like seeing good armbars and triangle chokes becaus once you see a guy locked in, you just think to yourself, "Oh he's fu****."
shawneth
2/6/07 8:11:17PM
I like the armbar.. mostly because I can do it on all of my buddies.
Tjis thread would be so much cooler if it were a poll.
george112
2/6/07 11:19:25PM

Posted by crimethinc

I just like doing arm triangles. I don't know why. But I like seeing good armbars and triangle chokes becaus once you see a guy locked in, you just think to yourself, "Oh he's fu****."

Same here once i see that leg go under his knee to lock it in for the triangle choke its pretty much a done deal unless their opponent is super strong
Svartorm
2/7/07 3:30:28AM
For myself fighting, I like the hawaiian choke, because a lot of guys don't know what it is and/or don't see it coming. Its also great because you can get it from many different positions, including standing.

For watching fights, I love the dueling leglocks senario, because you never know whos going to get a leglock first.
mrsumo
2/7/07 4:07:36AM

Posted by Svartorm

For myself fighting, I like the hawaiian choke, because a lot of guys don't know what it is and/or don't see it coming. Its also great because you can get it from many different positions, including standing.

For watching fights, I love the dueling leglocks senario, because you never know whos going to get a leglock first.

Well, once it is on the Hawaiian choke is pretty awesome, but it is hard as hell to apply. I have seen it as a counter to a guillotine escape. It is a popular Kyuoshu move.

My favorite submission to apply is a scarf/armbar combination.
strikefirstgear
2/7/07 4:13:58AM
Triangle choke still one of the best.
Svartorm
2/7/07 4:16:26AM
Its tricky sometimes, but a lot of people don't see it coming, and you can actually work a european uppercut into it if you practice.

If you have a BOB standing punching bag you can actually work the movement on it while doing clinch work. The nubs for arms get in the way just enough to make it slightly difficult.

I like learning exotic subs like that because they seem to panic a lot of the BJJ guys I've rolled with, which is good, because I usually need all the help I can get.
madmarck
2/7/07 6:57:57AM
Gogoplata. Im suprised no one has said it. Its so ahrd to get but once you do noone is getting out. My friend challenged me to a Free Fight (anything goes) at the combat room at school. I stuck him in one of those so fast he didnt get time to tell me to "**** off". Of course i only managed to do it cuz he had no ground skills whatsoever.
Manfred
2/7/07 8:51:11AM
Anything with the word "flying" before it works for me
ffforgottenx
2/7/07 12:17:14PM
i have a "triangle" of favorites i guess you could say..
i love the triangle choke (#1), which can also set you up for an armbar (#2), and i also love the arm triangle (#3)..

and in close fourth, is the gogoplata.. fascinating submission

and my favorite submission that nobody ever uses (i think ive only seen it twice in all the bouts ive seen EVER), is the double armbar.. ive seen dean lister pull it off in KOTC, and ive seen alexander otsuka pull it off in PRIDE.. nobody else
JunCTion
2/7/07 1:32:38PM
dude, i just watched that KOTC p4p on dvd. that guy tapped in like 2 seconds
ffforgottenx
2/7/07 1:45:33PM

Posted by JunCTion

dude, i just watched that KOTC p4p on dvd. that guy tapped in like 2 seconds

haha id probably tap pretty quickly also if lister had me in a double armbar.. it was a sweet setup
jdb487
2/7/07 3:42:04PM
flying leg scissors- rarely happens but Ryo had a great one on anderson silva
xchickox
2/7/07 5:41:42PM
armbar, especially went its done properly and explosively
Tha1
2/7/07 6:33:40PM
i like rubber guard shit
tepid55
2/8/07 6:59:39PM
The best submission I ever saw was Faliniko Vitale went for an armbar from the mount, transitioned to a triangle from the bottom, and then applied an armbar from the bottom and got the tapout.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/8/07 9:20:30PM
any kind that makes the other guy pass out

this works too....
phaneuf3
2/10/07 3:18:49PM
I like kneebars, flying armbars and gogoplatas
Savy
2/11/07 4:01:14AM
The standing guillotine. Just like Overeem did it to Vovchachyn. Almost becomes more of a neck crank when you really get it.
Don't sleep on the toehold.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
amik
2/11/07 9:31:24AM
I prefer a solid Heel Hook.

It's xtremely painful!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Savy
2/12/07 3:16:53PM
whats should we call this move???
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
hippysmacker
2/12/07 4:18:29PM
I think it's actually a reverse can-opener.
Savy
2/12/07 5:27:10PM
come on bro, I'm looking for some comic relief here....
Pages: [1] 2 3